HEY! A key Tweet! | Page 3 | The Boneyard

HEY! A key Tweet!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I think SMU fits better in the SEC alongside UK and Calipari because of how good they were back in the 1980's. As Charles Barkley said..."Maaaaan. We in the SEC! If you ain't cheatin', you ain't trying!. We got Florida, Georgia, Alabama....you know they cheatin'!"

And ain't nobody better at cheating then SMU...they just aren't good at avoiding getting caught (unlike UNC).

pj

Reaction Score
I do think the ACC should consider inviting UCONN as 15-1/2. The unbalanced division CCG exemption looks to be a lock to pass the P5.

I think all this maneuvering is pending that vote passing and the 12 team rule staying in place.

That means B12 needs 2 teams and the ACC and B1G can add one team (ahem) if they see value in it without having to wait on #16 (ND for the ACC and whomever the B1G wants from the ACC)

If this is the case, and it's a plausible scenario, then it makes sense that the B12 would be kicking tires about an immediate expansion. ACC and B1G can't expand at the moment but after the CCG deregulation passes they will be competing with the B12 for the best properties. If the B12 wants UConn it ought to offer now.

Of course if it wants Memphis and UCF, there's no hurry.

Reaction Score
I read some where, it may have been one of the moonshine boys, that the B12 was told any addition would need to bring 4M+ TV households. The best way to get that done is by adding UCF and UConn (or Philadelphia).

Reaction Score
None. If they add Houston or SMU, then you know the writing is on the wall: Texas wants out the B12 is living on borrowed time. Like 2-5 years borrowed time.

While fundamentally I agree that neither add anything to the Big 12 from a TV coverage standpoint, it won't make a bit of difference if Texas decides that they want more in state play things. Houston for one is definitely positioning itself for a bump up as they have been investing heavily in both facilities and coaches.

Reaction Score
The MAC plays a championship game and has uneven divisions (7 East, 6 West). I'm not sure what exemption would be needed for a conference championship game to happen. It already happens.

Reaction Score
Are we forgetting that FSU was dangerously close to bolting the ACC before the GOR was signed? A lot of people are saying that UCF will be one of the next schools in. I disagree. I don't think the Big XII will add UCF for the sake of adding them to get to 12. I'm obviously bias, but wouldn't the smarter move right now, given their situation, be to add Cincy and UConn? Play with 12 teams until the GOR expires and then pickup FSU and possibly another ACC school to expand their footprint in the Southeast? They would have Ohio, NYC and Florida markets/tv sets with well established schools and not some directional Florida university.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
The MAC plays a championship game and has uneven divisions (7 East, 6 West). I'm not sure what exemption would be needed for a conference championship game to happen. It already happens.
I think the ACC wants no divisions, so they can have an attractive game 1 vs. 2 each year, instead of a WF or BC winning a division and not being a top 10 team. B12 wants the 12 team rule changed.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
West Virginias AD is leaving. Could that be the big announcement?
No the big announcement is always that UConn is getting into a P5 conference and it is always coming in 20 minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom