HEY! A key Tweet! | The Boneyard

HEY! A key Tweet!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I doubt it's good news for us because, well, good news likes to avoid us, but this is a key tweet.

Reaction Score
Just saw that on twitter. When was Huggins told? UConn did play WVU in PR. Your right, wtf am I thinking.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Hmm, interesting though it is, because the Tweet originates from West Virginia, it is not a key tweet.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I'd like to see the old Big East reformed. The schools were much closer to UConn than the ones in the Big Ten.

Reaction Score
At least this time we won't get our balls tickled just prior to the boot crushing them.

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
OK...who would call old huggy bear? I don't think Pastner has any relation and I don't think he has a great friendship with Mick. Perhaps old Jimmy C?

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
He doesn't have a good relationship with Cronin - they had a falling out years ago.

Dave Rose, at BYU, has no apparent overlap with Huggins. Josh Pastner would certainly know Huggins, but there's nothing to indicate they've ever worked together or are especially close. But....

UCF's Donnie Jones...is from West Virginia.

WestHartHusk

Reaction Score
He doesn't have a good relationship with Cronin - they had a falling out years ago.

Dave Rose, at BYU, has no apparent overlap with Huggins. Josh Pastner would certainly know Huggins, but there's nothing to indicate they've ever worked together or are especially close. But....

UCF's Donnie Jones...is from West Virginia.

UCF seems the most plausible.

Reaction Score
Wow, how does Frank reconcile his own tweet with his view that, whatever it is, it's not going to happen?

Reaction Score

Penfield

a.k.a PencilForest
Reaction Score
I knew Huggins was the Dude of WV all along... or is it M Hver 3??

Reaction Score
I just listened to that portion of his radio show. I think the most likely school that is referenced is SMU. Their Board of Regents held an emergency meeting as soon as Bowlsby made his comments about the B12 might need to expand. Makes sense that Larry Brown would call Huggins to immediately work on their relationship.

WestHartHusk

Reaction Score
I just listened to that portion of his radio show. I think the most likely school that is referenced is SMU. Their Board of Regents held an emergency meeting as soon as Bowlsby made his comments about the B12 might need to expand. Makes sense that Larry Brown would call Huggins to immediately work on their relationship.

If it is not us, then I hope it is SMU, or some other nonsensical pick, because that would speed along the destruction of one of the P5. SMU adds nothing to the B12 in terms of market (Texas/TCU), football or basketball.

Reaction Score
Looks like it is time to monitor the changing landscape from conference USA 2 to Yankee conference 2

Reaction Score
If it is not us, then I hope it is SMU, or some other nonsensical pick, because that would speed along the destruction of one of the P5. SMU adds nothing to the B12 in terms of market (Texas/TCU), football or basketball.
I don't think SMU was offered an invite. I just think they are the ones that had the emergency meeting. Huggins doesn't say they were invited only that a "particular coach at a particular school" told him his school had an emergency meeting. My bet is SMU was overreacting and that there is nothing else to see here...

Reaction Score
Was it an emergency to discuss why they DID or DID NOT get an invite? Whomever it is, they may be trying to recover, like the Ville did.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Holy . I'm on full self-protection guard over a potential Memphis invite over us. That would send me into complete meltdown and cause me to cancel cable and cut all ties to the NCAA (except UCONN). But SMU? SMfahqingU??!?!?! I think I would quit my job, go off-grid, grow a birds nest beard, and become one of those nutty government conspiracy theorist dudes that gets my info from star gazing and a copious amount of peyote.

Reaction Score
Guys, wake up and smell the coffee. He said, "non-power school coach." Clearly he does not mean UCONN.
Re: SMU. Its colors are Harvard Red and Yale Blue? $1.4 billion endowment. Holy Sheet.

Samoo

Providence-Newark-San Antonio
Reaction Score
Holy . I'm on full self-protection guard over a potential Memphis invite over us. That would send me into complete meltdown and cause me to cancel cable and cut all ties to the NCAA (except UCONN). But SMU? SMfahqingU??!?!?! I think I would quit my job, go off-grid, grow a birds nest beard, and become one of those nutty government conspiracy theorist dudes that gets my info from star gazing and a copious amount of peyote.

You're not one of those dudes already?

Reaction Score
So I'm driving in to work @ 8:15 & listening to Sirius-XM channel 91 & the discussion was big-12 expansion. Chris Childers & his co-host were discussing the merits of adding SMU: 15 minute drive from Big-12 offices, improved facilities, & "well, you just can't have enough Texas teams". Then Childers threw out his idea for team #12: the Huskies (of Northern Illinois).:confused:

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Conference realignment is starting up again. Hang on a sec...
training-gear-protective-gear-groin-guards-youth-b-gf-sports-and-athletic-compression-short-with-hard-up-for-boys-white-cup-front-view.jpg

Okay shoot, what's the news?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99