Heat-Spurs Game thread | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Heat-Spurs Game thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uconnrick

Twisted, but still lovable.
Reaction Score
Bosh smothered that sheet and Green fell down. And it was an illegal screen by Splitter to get him open on the cross court pass, too.
They haven't called an illegal screen in the NBA since, well hell, I can't recall ever seeing one:) Bosh certainly had all ball, but he crashed into him and landed Green n the bleachers. Any place other than Miami, and thats called.

Reaction Score
They haven't called an illegal screen in the NBA since, well hell, I can't recall ever seeing one:) Bosh certainly had all ball, but he crashed into him and landed Green n the bleachers. Any place other than Miami, and thats called.

you make a FT game over

Reaction Score
Popovich with an oddball performance down the stretch of this game, really baffling moves.
Keeping Ginobili in might have been a loyalty move, but it sure backfired horribly.

Reaction Score

One wiped out a Ray three in the 4Q of game five that would have cut it to five - and he was smoking at the time. It was the correct call - James moved.

Bosh didn't fly at him - he contested pretty much on balance and stuffed him. He did jump but he jumped with Green, who was drifting on the shot. I didn't think it was a foul, but on review there is some room for opinion.

Splitter moved a TON on the screen.

Reaction Score

Since game 5 when they called one that cost Ray a three when Miami was making a last push. A call that pretty much stopped that push. This is just how it goes in this league with crazy ass officiating that often makes zero sense and changes games regularly.

Reaction Score
Spurs had that game won, they missed a couple of huge free throws and gave up 2 huge offensive rebounds and Pop blew it taking Duncan out and keeping Manu in. Happy for Ray Ray but that was a ducking foul on Ginobili, it's a foul on anyone and Ginobili has been a star in this league, can't believe they swallowed the whistle. To make matters worse Lebron ran over the three point shooter at the end.

Reaction Score

Lebron fouled out of Game 4 of the Indiana series on an (awful) illegal screen call.

And no, nowhere except Cameron would that be called a foul.

Reaction Score
Keeping Ginobili in might have been a loyalty move, but it sure backfired horribly.
Trusting Ginobili when it looked like he was playing on a skateboard all night, having Duncan on the bench and giving up 2 offensive boards leading to 3s, not calling a TO at the end to get Tyler Phommachanh back in the game, it was like Vinny Del Negro on the sidelines out there. Pop and Manu were just a tagteam of errors out there tonight.

Reaction Score
am I the only one who thinks the refs werent an issue, it was an alltime great finals game. At least the refs let them play.

Reaction Score
Spurs had that game won, they missed a couple of huge free throws and gave up 2 huge offensive rebounds and Pop blew it taking Duncan out and keeping Manu in. Happy for Ray Ray but that was a ing foul on Ginobili, it's a foul on anyone and Ginobili has been a star in this league, can't believe they swallowed the whistle. To make matters worse Lebron ran over the three point shooter at the end.

No way they let the Spurs win the series on the line. Maybe Ginobli shouldnt have taken 4 steps on his drive into the abyss. They swallowed the whistle for the most part all game.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Bosh smothered that sheet and Green fell down. And it was an illegal screen by Splitter to get him open on the cross court pass, too.

Bull crap. That was a foul plain and simple and the refs swallowed their whistles.

Reaction Score
You Heat apologists disgust me. Ginobili got fouled, there's no argument about that. Popovich showed saint-like restraint not getting T'd up on that non-call. He knew he got jobbed.

Reaction Score
You Heat apologists disgust me. Ginobili got fouled, there's no argument about that. Popovich showed saint-like restraint not getting T'd up on that non-call. He knew he got jobbed.

im routing against the Heat and I dont think officials decided the game, I dont know about some of you but I actually enjoyed the game. Ginobili was running out of control and he did travel and just ran right into a death trap.

Reaction Score
End of what? Not the game certainly. I don't think he was anywhere near Green.

It was Bosh, but I really haven't seen anything other than a guy shooting an off balance three and falling down when the ball got thrown back at him. The refs did a great job not giving a call to LeBron when Green stripped him as he fell. They could have invented a body foul there, but they didn't.

Reaction Score
Ginobili traveled his ass off on that play, the no call on the foul evened things out

Reaction Score
I love how they complain about the foul on Ginobili and ignore that the refs also missed his completely out of control 3 solid steps he took which would be a travel.

Reaction Score

He took seventeen steps, get over it.

Reaction Score
Spurs had that game won, they missed a couple of huge free throws and gave up 2 huge offensive rebounds and Pop blew it taking Duncan out and keeping Manu in. Happy for Ray Ray but that was a ing foul on Ginobili, it's a foul on anyone and Ginobili has been a star in this league, can't believe they swallowed the whistle. To make matters worse Lebron ran over the three point shooter at the end.

Ginobili clearly traveled on that play.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
I love how they complain about the foul on Ginobili and ignore that the refs also missed his completely out of control 3 solid steps he took which would be a travel.

Please if they called three steps then half the drives would be traveling.

Reaction Score
Pop was even mad at the Gatorade bottle in his press conference. And you have to love the "That's a European question isn't it?" Angry, angry Pop.

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
Ray got ball first and got arm on follow through. Would have been a soft call.
Agree, Ray's hand was clean on the ball and only his forearm hit Ginobili's forearm on the follow through. They having called that a foul all series. Van Gundy is clearly wearing pro-Spurs glasses when he comments about these calls.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Stop the whining - both teams have gotten a fair shake from the refs in this series.

It's 3-3 because it should be 3-3.

Reaction Score
My game 7 prediction was correct I didnt pick a winner though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members