Heat-Spurs Game thread | The Boneyard

Heat-Spurs Game thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Duncan has to be the biggest whiner in the nba. he complains after every call. it's annoying as hell.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I despise Chris Bosh as a player.

Those three-point attempts are killers.

Reaction Score
When your center is 0-4 from 3 pointers, and has 4 rebounds, its gonna be a rough night. Then you look at Tim Duncans line...

Reaction Score
Over/under on the first NBA criticism to appear in this thread?

I'm setting it at post #19.

Reaction Score
especially when he's 0-4 from three. Fishy you said in a thread a few back. Take lebron off the heat and they're the knicks.

Reaction Score
That shot by Parker will go down as an nba finals all time great.

Reaction Score
I despise Chris Bosh as a player.

Those three-point attempts are killers.

The problem is that he hits just enough of them to where they seem to think it is a good idea to run those sets. Hell, he beat San Antonio at their place this year with a three point shot. That's one thing that Spoelstra has done that I just don't understand. He has taken a 20 and 10 guy (close enough anyway) and just decided to play him outside more and more in the name of creating space. It just doesn't work often enough and has really taken away his aggressiveness in my opinion.

Reaction Score
Bosh is just terrible in this system. Pissed he made big shots to beat the Cs when the tables were reversed Ray-wise. Wade also played scared down the stretch - which shocks me. Had open looks he passed on in key spots. He's been deballsed. It can't all be LeBron doing everything.

How is the doofus on ESPN arguing the foul on Ray's three? Is he new to basketball? Doesn't matter if the ball is gone, the shooter has to be able to land.

Reaction Score
The problem is that he hits just enough of them to where they seem to think it is a good idea to run those sets. Hell, he beat San Antonio at their place this year with a three point shot. That's one thing that Spoelstra has done that I just don't understand. He has taken a 20 and 10 guy (close enough anyway) and just decided to play him outside more and more in the name of creating space. It just doesn't work often enough and has really taken away his aggressiveness in my opinion.

Dead on. He looks like a shell of himself.

Reaction Score
Some criticism should go to LeBron on that Parker shot. He had him in jail, with a dead dribble, and gave him a get out of jail free card by biting on a bad up fake. Hard to bury a guy with a 20-20-10 game, but that one play was a bad time to lose defensive fundamentals.

Reaction Score
Bosh is just terrible in this system. Pissed he made big shots to beat the Cs when the tables were reversed Ray-wise. Wade also played scared down the stretch - which shocks me. Had open looks he passed on in key spots. He's been deballsed. It can't all be LeBron doing everything.

How is the doofus on ESPN arguing the foul on Ray's three? Is he new to basketball? Doesn't matter if the ball is gone, the shooter has to be able to land.

Bosh is not terrible in the Heat's system. He's just been having a bad playoffs. It happens. He needs to be more aggressive and not just settle for jumpers. He had a nice drive in the game when he turned down the midrange shot, he just needs more of that. The spread space motion offense that Spo designed for the Heat would not work without the spacing that Bosh provides. You put any other "traditional" big man there and it wouldn't be as effective.

Reaction Score
Bosh is not terrible in the Heat's system. He's just been having a bad playoffs. It happens. He needs to be more aggressive and not just settle for jumpers. He had a nice drive in the game when he turned down the midrange shot, he just needs more of that. The spread space motion offense that Spo designed for the Heat would not work without the spacing that Bosh provides. You put any other "traditional" big man there and it wouldn't be as effective.

Over reaction on my part. He isn't terrible. He needs to find a better balance, and he also has to get in there and get some boards, but starting Birdman, for example, would clog the lane.

Fundamental defense says Ray's man should have rotated over to take Bosh on that late three, but that wasn't happening - smartly. Bosh doesn't scare anyone. And my post was part borne out from frustration from just that one miss, plus the fact that Ray had a decent rhythm going but didn't take a shot in the fourth (other than the one he was fouled on).

Reaction Score
Chris Bosh is an incredibly annoying player, he has turned into a 6'11 guy who plays well when he makes 5 jump shots from near 3 point range, he misses his first 2 and he's never heard from again. He makes his first and he runs around the court like a chicken with it's head cut off. He is a talented player but his game and demeanor pisses me the hell off.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
first of all the spurs are just the better team. second Bosh has to stop with the threes, its killing them. He's a great player that is either not being used properly or does not fit in with what the heat are trying to do. i don't care who your PF is but he should NEVER take 4 threes, 0-4 is unacceptable. And if the finals, in game 1, which is a series tone setter. Also agree with the guy above who said that its hard to knock a guy with his numbers, but that was James fault that Parker hit that shot. he had him in a perfect situation and blew it. on another note that shot by Parker was AMAZING

Reaction Score
I don't think you fault LeBron for Parker's shot, that's a very low percentage shot and even though LeBron made a slight error he still forced him into a really difficult look. All that should be said there is great craftiness and shot-making by Tyler Phommachanh.

Agree 100% with the Bosh-bashing. I came from the Indiana series really down on the guy but thinking maybe the matchup with Hibbert was just too much height and size for him to deal with. Nope, he's still not rebounding and drifting further outside. Just dumb hero ball that further infuriates me as he takes some shots from Ray.

I root for the Spurs except when Ray's is in, makes for a weird game watching experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom