Heat-Pacers | The Boneyard

Heat-Pacers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Some of the worst officiating I have ever watched. And I watch college women's (uconn). Miami has gotten SO many breaks

89-86 Miami 4:55 left in 4th

On a side note, ray looks to be slowing down. I'd bet this is last season, if the heat win the chip :-(

Reaction Score
I think Ray has been playing pretty well (it feels like he's played very minute), but he just can't seem to hit 3s right now.

Lebron is amazing.

oops!

Reaction Score
ku-xlarge.gif

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I'm glad I'm not the guy who has to sign Chris Bosh's paycheck.

Reaction Score
The refs in the 4th quarter were absolutely horrendous. The game completely changed when Pacers had a 9 point lead then 4 awful calls in a row on the Pacers. The Pacers were getting jobber so I'm glad they won the game, the 6th foul on Lebron was questionable and not sure on the Wade travel but those guys get away with murder normally so I'm not too upset about it.

Reaction Score
As an NBA fan, this is a tough series to watch. The refs are determining the action much more than the players which is downright sad. There is a ton of pushing/shoving going on on every play, but there has to be some sort of continuity in the way the game is called. If that last foul on Lebron was called the whole game, David West would DQ'd halfway through the first quarter.

Reaction Score
and the Spurs are waiting and will be well rested as much as I want the Heat to lose I would love to see an alltime great battle between the Spurs and Heat in the Finals not saying the Pacers wouldnt make it exciting if they were to play each other.

Reaction Score
Joey Crawford is a disgrace, he's always tried to make the game about him. Refs are doing their job when they aren't noticed, that jerk is picking fights with players.

Reaction Score
Yes, as much as I'd like to see Bron, Dwade, Bosh and Spoelstra have zero chance there is no interest in a pacers, Spurs series. But Duncan, Parker, Manu, Pop against those 4 is good stuff.

and the Spurs are waiting and will be well rested as much as I want the Heat to lose I would love to see an alltime great battle between the Spurs and Heat in the Finals not saying the Pacers wouldnt make it exciting if they were to play each other.

Reaction Score
Those two calls on Miami (Lebron's and Wade's) were actually two obvious calls. (Lebron stepped on Lance's foot and tripped him. Which had been called earlier in the game.) It's just Lebron and Wade don't usually have to play by the rules.

Crawford is terrible though. This is a fantastic series and it would have been a great game if it hadn't become the Joey Crawford show.

Reaction Score
Wade had a perfectly legal step back. Steve Javie even went on ESPN and said it was the incorrect call. If that's a travel, then we should have gone overtime with Pitt in 2011. LeBron is a philosophical debate - whether an illegal screen that isn't used is really an advantage. You can make the case it was a good call, but it was a soft one. My biggest beef is that on the very next possession, Hibbert commits a clear illegal screen at the top of the key (wasn't his fault - Hill made his cut too soon).and they ignored it.

The officials clearly blew the shot clock call, but the end of the third quarter was a huge swing for Indiana - a soft offensive foul on LeBron for shielding a guy reaching in, followed by ignoring Stephenson's leg kick on his three (a point of emphasis). I thought George got some very soft calls against him in the first half, so It isn't like Indiana had nothing to complain about.

On edit: just watching the replay, looks like Stephenson might not have made any contact on his leg kick and just basically flopped on hiw own, which would be a correct no call.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
The refs in the 4th quarter were absolutely horrendous. The game completely changed when Pacers had a 9 point lead then 4 awful calls in a row on the Pacers. The Pacers were getting jobber so I'm glad they won the game, the 6th foul on Lebron was questionable and not sure on the Wade travel but those guys get away with murder normally so I'm not too upset about it.
that's what I was thinking when I wrote that first line/paragraph.

Reaction Score
They traveled 10 times during the game worst than Wade's........it could be a travel but shouldn't be called.........many others should.......the NBA game would be better if they actually called travels quite honestly!!

Reaction Score
That's fantastic!
Someone needs to email it to David Stern and he needs to fine both clowns 10K. And he should tell LeBron that he can choose either to pay the 10K or publicly recant his comment from last week "I don't flop. I've never been one of those guys" say that it was incorrect and restate. "I do flop, I AM one of those guys."

JaYnYcE

Soul Brother
Reaction Score
That's fantastic!
Someone needs to email it to David Stern and he needs to fine both clowns 10K. And he should tell LeBron that he can choose either to pay the 10K or publicly recant his comment from last week "I don't flop. I've never been one of those guys" say that it was incorrect and restate. "I do flop, I AM one of those guys."

Wait, I thought I read somewhere that he has no issues with flopping because offensive players have it easier these days and hand checking is no longer allowed?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction Score

Looks to me like West's right foot actually gets tripped by Lebron there.

Lebron is clearly flopping, and he has developed quite the rep for that. But I'd be willing to give West the benefit of the doubt considering it looks like he was tripped.

Reaction Score
Which then caused him to throw his head back and flail his arms.

If I was going to give him the benefit of a doubt, it'd be that he recognized LeBron was flopping, and determined that the best way to combat that or at least make it difficult for the refs would be to flop as well.

LeBron is hilarious, initiating the contact and flopping immediately, as opposed to the best floppers anticipating and overreacting.

Reaction Score
Which then caused him to throw his head back and flail his arms.

If I was going to give him the benefit of a doubt, it'd be that he recognized LeBron was flopping, and determined that the best way to combat that or at least make it difficult for the refs would be to flop as well.

LeBron is hilarious, initiating the contact and flopping immediately, as opposed to the best floppers anticipating and overreacting.

Speaking of flopping has Dwayne Wade ever gone hard to the basket w/o falling after his shot? The Heat has the floppers with Battier running the show.......

Reaction Score

Lebron is clearly flopping, and he has developed quite the rep for that. But I'd be willing to give West the benefit of the doubt considering it looks like he was tripped.
West was tripped but West's head action is a flop clearly a counterflop to avoid getting whistled for LeBron's flop but a flop nonetheless. Its a flophouse.

Reaction Score

SportsCenter@SportsCenter 31m
THIS JUST IN: LeBron James, David West and Lance Stephenson have all been fined $5,000 for flopping in Game 4 of Eastern Conference Finals.
Retweeted by ESPN

Sounds fair.

Reaction Score
SportsCenter@SportsCenter 31m
THIS JUST IN: LeBron James, David West and Lance Stephenson have all been fined $5,000 for flopping in Game 4 of Eastern Conference Finals.
Retweeted by ESPN

Sounds fair.
I still like my idea of giving LeBron the choice of paying or confessing. It succeeds either by embarrassing him out of future flops by either A. refusing to confess - paying OR paying the fine and thereby admitting 5K is nothing to him (alienating himself a bit with fans).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom