Headache game thread | Page 33 | The Boneyard

Headache game thread

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
@UConnDan97

0.0%. Saved you a post.

I feel like throwing up right now. It was 0.01% when Larrier was listed on the DL, and it rapidly approached 0.00%, in a manner of calculus that I'm not equipped to calculate...

Reaction Score
It's embarrassing for sure but without Larrier we have little shot at beating anyone.....we have 2 legitimate scorers & 1 that gets hot occasionally. Look at the team stats, it's a very, very bad offensive team that needs all 3 guys that are capable of scoring to be clicking, the game was over before it started.

Reaction Score
I gotta be honest, I'm just shellshocked at just how bad this team has been the last two years. It's just incomprehensible to me.

I'm done hearing about the conference because we don't win it. I'm done hearing about recruiting because honestly - while it's not 02-11 levels, it's still really good. It's better than most P5 teams and it laps just about everyone else in our conference. Probation or not. Even this year's team has enough talent to be competitive. But we're not. It legitimately feels like we're on a staircase and every year just seems like the next step down in performance. If it's this bad this year, it'll be worse next year. And every year they beat a couple of mediocre teams and people hang on to some hope. Or they beat or stay competitive with a really good team.... they just always give you *barely* enough to hang on only just to watch them take 4,5,6 steps back in games against whatever random opponent. It's the same song, every track, every album at this point.

And I don't think it's the players. And I don't think it's the recruiting. And I don't think it's the conference. And I don't think it's the talent.

It's the coach. It's time.
Well said

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
NBA?!? Are you crazy? He should stay in school for another 3 years if he had the eligibility. Nowhere ready to play professionally.
Neither was Daniel Hamilton and Deandre Daniels.

That doesn't matter anymore with G league

Reaction Score
Our kids seem so undersized. Anyone with any beef on their frame doesn’t have any definition. It looks like a light breeze would blow over anyone but Carleton, Williams or Diarra.

Reaction Score
As I watched the game Memphis wasn’t running anything, they just beat us with back yard ball and you saw a pg in Martin who’s relentless n physical and just won’t be denied, we couldn’t get Jalen open which he was guarding him pretty much all game, recipe keep the ball outta Jalen hands and the offense will sputter, another guy got their career high on us again , but I thought Carlton did a great job, we gave him at least 3-4 bunnies
Seeing how Martin played is who I want our staff to recruit, dudes a baller,quick and he’s a buy in guy, last year he couldn’t hit a three so he worked on it, now every three he takes looks good off the release

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score

And is either one playing in the NBA?

Jalen can go if he wants, but I can't recall the last time a player went to the D league out of college and had any kind of success in the NBA. Give Jalen another good guard to play with next year (Akinjo, maybe Gilbert) and bump Vital down to 3rd or 4th guard, and with continued development of the rest of the team, I see him having a much better year. All he needs is a little help, and I could absolutely see him getting drafted in the first round. That gives him a better shot at sticking in the NBA. DHam is basically averaging a triple double in the D league and he can't get a callup.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Hamilton played his first NBA game this week.

I would love Jalen back. I think he would benefit. Just making the point that "NBA ready " is not the factor it was 20 years ago in kids making decisions.

Reaction Score
Dham has a two way contract from the thunder so he’s in good shape, so next year I believe he’ll have a permanent job in the nba
Purvis might be next in line to make a roster next yr as well, which he has a two way contract with the Magic I believe
But you can’t ask for Jalen to play all these mins and tell him to go score, be a facilitator, play d, and rebound with his only break being a media timeout.. that’s the part I’m frustrated about but if he think he should leave then hey

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Hamilton played his first NBA game this week.

I would love Jalen back. I think he would benefit. Just making the point that "NBA ready " is not the factor it was 20 years ago in kids making decisions.

Yeah, but I guarantee you if he had stayed another year he would've gotten a much greater opportunity to play meaningful minutes. You don't hear about too many players lighting up the D league and moving on to a prominent role in the NBA. I feel like if Shabazz left to go to the NBA after his Junior year, he would've toiled in the D league for awhile, and who knows if he would've gotten a chance to play significant minutes in the NBA?

Reaction Score
Our kids seem so undersized. Anyone with any beef on their frame doesn’t have any definition. It looks like a light breeze would blow over anyone but Carleton, Williams or Diarra.
Carlton isn't emaciated looking like a couple of the others but he also doesn't appear to have any muscle.

Reaction Score
We have the most unlucky coach in the world. I think the ex got a witch doctor to curse him or something.

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
We better have Larrier playing Saturday.

Reaction Score
Getting to this a little late....

Larrier is not in the concussion protocol but they are holding him out of this game because.....?

Exactly. I was shocked when I beard he was being held put despite not being in the protocol. He isn't playing due to headaches? Really? I hope this isn't similar to when he was held out of the starting lineup against Coppin State, only to have it surface later that it was a disciplinary move.

Reaction Score

not to mention remember Abidah Brimah, after a rookie year he mighta been a late 1st rder, he stayed all 4 years and where is he now? Not in the nba

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score

Jalen can go if he wants, but I can't recall the last time a player went to the D league out of college and had any kind of success in the NBA. Give Jalen another good guard to play with next year (Akinjo, maybe Gilbert) and bump Vital down to 3rd or 4th guard, and with continued development of the rest of the team, I see him having a much better year. All he needs is a little help, and I could absolutely see him getting drafted in the first round. That gives him a better shot at sticking in the NBA. DHam is basically averaging a triple double in the D league and he can't get a callup.

None of that matters. If they have enough irrational self-confidence, they're doing it.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom