Headache game thread | Page 32 | The Boneyard

Headache game thread

Reaction Score
We have nobody that can handle the ball besides jalen. Larrier is at least a threat to score and provides spacing. Without him playing, any team can throw 2 guys at jalen like Memphis did tonight and know that nobody else on the team will be able to beat them or create a shot.

Anderson is not a good division 1 player.
Vital didn’t do anything until garbage time.

Carlton and Whaley are going to be good. Can’t be mad at those 2.

Reaction Score
I gotta be honest, I'm just shellshocked at just how bad this team has been the last two years. It's just incomprehensible to me.

I'm done hearing about the conference because we don't win it. I'm done hearing about recruiting because honestly - while it's not 02-11 levels, it's still really good. It's better than most P5 teams and it laps just about everyone else in our conference. Probation or not. Even this year's team has enough talent to be competitive. But we're not. It legitimately feels like we're on a staircase and every year just seems like the next step down in performance. If it's this bad this year, it'll be worse next year. And every year they beat a couple of mediocre teams and people hang on to some hope. Or they beat or stay competitive with a really good team.... they just always give you *barely* enough to hang on only just to watch them take 4,5,6 steps back in games against whatever random opponent. It's the same song, every track, every album at this point.

And I don't think it's the players. And I don't think it's the recruiting. And I don't think it's the conference. And I don't think it's the talent.

It's the coach. It's time.

Reaction Score
Boat cared and he didn't act like Vital.
By your standards Shabazz was a punk to his own teammates. Yet I don’t see that narrative pushed around about him. JC grabbed his players by the collars and man handled them is he a punk to. A shove doesn’t make someone punk

Reaction Score
You said "We don't know what he said, to the player he shoved" Last I checked shoving someone was violence its just one of many examples of Vital acting like a punk. You're the one defending him. I simply choose to highlight an example you provided. Not sure who is being soft.
You highlighted “ONE” example without context of the full situation and concluded that he was a punk. That’s a reach

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
By your standards Shabazz was a punk to his own teammates. Yet I don’t see that narrative pushed around about him. JC grabbed his players by the collars and man handled them is he a punk to. A shove doesn’t make someone punk

#comeonman I know the players read this board at least they did when I went to UConn when I was there. But, you aren't going to get a free pair of shorts for defending Vital like this. I don't understand how it's difficult to acknowledge that there have been many moments Vital acts like punk on the basketball court. As someone else mention maybe it's KO's job to handle that but that doesn't change that it's a reflection of his personality. Bazz was certainly a punk during the beginning of his career.

Reaction Score
Did anybody else feel like they just watched a 40 point loss turn to 24? Carlton looked like DeMarcus Cousins in that stretch. Seriously. The only answer to this guy is a basketball scholarship. If Nova thought they were going to come into Hartford and get their walk-ons a photo-op AND a 40 point win, they should think again. If you're coming to Hartford as an opposing walk-on and a stray bullet doesn't kill you, Josh Carlton will. Better to just sit that trip out going forward.

Reaction Score
There will be some fool's gold against the cupcakes, but thats it. This ship isn't turning around.
Sad thing is Memphis was supposed to be one of the cupcakes too. I think they’re ranked 130 or so while we’re ranked around 150.

I have sick feeling in pit of my stomach and it won’t go away. Thought of another year w/KO and minus Terry and Jalen frightens me

Reaction Score
#comeonman I know the players read this board at least they did when I went to UConn when I was there. But, you aren't going to get a free pair of shorts for defending Vital like this. I don't understand how it's difficult to acknowledge that there have been many moments Vital acts like punk on the basketball court. As someone else mention maybe it's KO's job to handle that but that doesn't change that it's a reflection of his personality. Bazz was certainly a punk during the beginning of his career.
I don’t attend UConn, nor do I hang in any of the players circles. I’m defending his character because you and many others continue to attack it. If JC or Shabazz do it they “care” or they’re “gritty” “tough sob’s”. It’s a double standard. Calhoun by your standards is the punk of the century and should seek immediate help. Shabazz pushes his OWN TEAMMATE on national television at the END of his career. Where’s the difference? Jeff Adrien consistently gave extra shots in the post. Khalid was a master trash talker. You’re letting your frustrations with losing interfere with your view of the players. If we were winning vital suddenly wouldn’t be a “punk” anymore

polycom

Reaction Score

Not sure if you listened to the broadcast or not but one of the broadcasters basically said Bazz called out players by name and singled out Vital as one of the players called out for their behavior. Not sure how true that is but it wouldn't be the first time Bazz has called players out...

polycom

Reaction Score
I don’t attend UConn, nor do I hang in any of the players circles. I’m defending his character because you and many others continue to attack it. If JC or Shabazz do it they “care” or they’re “gritty” “tough sob’s”. It’s a double standard. Calhoun by your standards is the punk of the century and should seek immediate help. Shabazz pushes his OWN TEAMMATE on national television. Where’s the difference?

You don't even attend UConn...yet you are using the I met him, he's a nice guy as your sole defense of him. So you know him about as well as I know him.

Reaction Score
Would have been a nice strategic move for Ollie to have done the same, but to start them the 2nd half.

Reaction Score
You don't even attend UConn...yet you are using the I met him, he's a nice guy as your sole defense of him. So you know him about as well as I know him.
No. I’ve met him at I believe 2 parties. So my opinion of his character hold significantly more weight than yours. Your saying”he pushed a guy for no reason!!” That’s your only half way legitimate point.

Reaction Score
Not sure if you listened to the broadcast or not but one of the broadcasters basically said Bazz called out players by name and singled out Vital as one of the players called out for their behavior. Not sure how true that is but it wouldn't be the first time Bazz has called players out...
I’m also sure Shabazz wouldn’t call him a punk

sammydabiz

I sport NewBalance sneakers to avoid a narrow path
Reaction Score
Would have been a nice strategic move for Ollie to have done the same, but to start them the 2nd half.
We couldn't look any worse, personally I'd be for it

Reaction Score
I gotta be honest, I'm just shellshocked at just how bad this team has been the last two years. It's just incomprehensible to me.

I'm done hearing about the conference because we don't win it. I'm done hearing about recruiting because honestly - while it's not 02-11 levels, it's still really good. It's better than most P5 teams and it laps just about everyone else in our conference. Probation or not. Even this year's team has enough talent to be competitive. But we're not. It legitimately feels like we're on a staircase and every year just seems like the next step down in performance. If it's this bad this year, it'll be worse next year. And every year they beat a couple of mediocre teams and people hang on to some hope. Or they beat or stay competitive with a really good team.... they just always give you *barely* enough to hang on only just to watch them take 4,5,6 steps back in games against whatever random opponent. It's the same song, every track, every album at this point.

And I don't think it's the players. And I don't think it's the recruiting. And I don't think it's the conference. And I don't think it's the talent.

It's the coach. It's time.

great post.

sammydabiz

I sport NewBalance sneakers to avoid a narrow path
Reaction Score
NBA?!? Are you crazy? He should stay in school for another 3 years if he had the eligibility. Nowhere ready to play professionally.
If I was Jalen, there's no way I'd stick around for another year of Ollie, go G league and prove himself while making some cash as well. This program is on a death spiral, no need to participate in another year of this BS.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
Let's give KO another 5 years to straighten this out, tho.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom