Hawkins Drops 31 on The Nuggets | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Hawkins Drops 31 on The Nuggets

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Impressive breakout game for the Hawk. He is very quick to sidestep a defender and finishes his shot at the top to shoot over them. Hawk's fakes and quickness will carry him far in this league. His team was also finding him, even the Dukeman deferred and gave Hawkins a three pointer.
Nice to see his conditioning at the level where he can play this many minutes in a tough NBA schedule.
And he's doing all this with a kids body. Give him a couple years to mature along with NBA conditioning and he's going to become even better.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Realistically Hawk is the 2nd best rookie in this class. Huge he’s off to a nice start you have a fan base that loves him now, vets and a coach who trusts him. In professional sports always important for a 1st rd pick to get off to a good start because if you don’t that organization is looking to replace you as there is no patience in the pros as opposed to college.
Sadly I think James Bouknight found that out the hard way.

Reaction Score
Realistically Hawk is the 2nd best rookie in this class. Huge he’s off to a nice start you have a fan base that loves him now, vets and a coach who trusts him. In professional sports always important for a 1st rd pick to get off to a good start because if you don’t that organization is looking to replace you as there is no patience in the pros as opposed to college.
This take is scorching hot

YearoftheHusky

Name checks out.
Reaction Score
It is amazing how one or two good performances can completely change the narrative of a message board. And I’m not even talking about New Orleans’.

Reaction Score
It is amazing how one or two good performances can completely change the narrative of a message board. And I’m not even talking about New Orleans’.
What narrative has changed? I have said going into the draft he was the 2nd best player in the 2023 draft. We never saw his full potential at UConn he still put up 20 pts or near that with 1 good half of basketball.

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
I have said he’s the 2nd best player in this rookie class since the draft.
If we’re not counting Chet - perhaps. Although one half of the Thompson twins has been great out the gate in Detroit and Brandon Miller is off to a pretty good start as well.

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
He needs to develop his all around game to get to anywhere near that level. It looks like he is, getting some boards and assists. People forget how well rounded Bucks/Sonics Ray was.
As noted not there yet but he is a year younger than Allen was as a rookie. He is rebounding, he defends and his frame suggest he will get stronger without bulking up. Clearly he is not at Allen’s level. But I still think he has a chance to get there.

Reaction Score
This is great news. But I love UConn CBB so much that all I can think of is how this will be a huge shot in the arm to an already great recruiting trend.

Reaction Score
I said it and i truly believe it but he is this generations Reggie Miller. He might, end up being better.

Reaction Score
This is great news. But I love UConn CBB so much that all I can think of is how this will be a huge shot in the arm to an already great recruiting trend.
It wont. If so not much. It didnt do much when we had the most players in the nba of any school. I believe at one point we had like 14 players in the league.

Reaction Score
If we’re not counting Chet - perhaps. Although one half of the Thompson twins has been great out the gate in Detroit and Brandon Miller is off to a pretty good start as well.
Ya I don’t count Chet as a rookie if that’s the case then Victor Cruz should’ve been rookie of the year in the 2011 season.

Reaction Score
It wont. If so not much. It didnt do much when we had the most players in the nba of any school. I believe at one point we had like 14 players in the league.
It doesn't directly lead to the best recruiting class the next year - I would never claim that. But coaches definitely use it. The UConn practice gym has banners of every former player in their NBA Unis.

Reaction Score
I believe it was well over 20, but not sure the exact number.

Reaction Score
As I said a year ago. He could end up in Ray Allen’s level by the time he is finished. His shot is just too good at any level. Even his teammates know that and try get him the ball as much as possible.
I still think he should have stayed one more year . . . Get his education.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
The looks are going to be there all year playing next to Zion and Ingram. With CJ out his usage is going to go way up. Definitely has the chance to make the All-Rookie team.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom