Hawkins Drops 31 on The Nuggets | The Boneyard

Hawkins Drops 31 on The Nuggets

Reaction Score
Impressive breakout game for the Hawk. He is very quick to sidestep a defender and finishes his shot at the top to shoot over them. Hawk's fakes and quickness will carry him far in this league. His team was also finding him, even the Dukeman deferred and gave Hawkins a three pointer.
Nice to see his conditioning at the level where he can play this many minutes in a tough NBA schedule.

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
As I said a year ago. He could end up in Ray Allen’s level by the time he is finished. His shot is just too good at any level. Even his teammates know that and try get him the ball as much as possible.

Reaction Score
Remind me, but this has to be one of the better starts to an nba career for any UConn rookie.
Just was talking about this with the wife.

Even Kemba took almost a full season to adapt. The last player with immediate impact I can think of is Rudy Gay.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Don't take this wrong, but the guy he reminds of shooting isn't Ray. Ray was always so squared up to the rim. His preparation and footwork were impeccable.

Hawkins reminds me of his namesake, Michael Jordan. Look at how often he's leaning sideways in the air to avoid defenders. He adjusts back to the rim while airborne and that is an unusual skill. He also gets his shot off quickly. Now, he doesn't handle the ball like MJ (although he had a nice drive in that clip).

Reaction Score
He’s done a really god job of fitting into the offense. He knows where to be, helps tremendously with spacing, and has displayed some really effective pump fakes to either get an open look from the perimeter, step up for an open midrange shot, or take it to the hoop if the D overplays. The kind of decision making that will keep a rookie high up in the rotation.

Reaction Score
I just wish Andre could get more minutes now, he deserves it IMO and I want to see them go head-to-head when the Pelicans face off against the Milwaukee Bucks.

Reaction Score
I just wish Andre could get more minutes now, he deserves it IMO and I want to see them go head-to-head when the Pelicans face off against the Milwaukee Bucks.
All of matter of time. Feel like if someone gets injured he'll get his call

Reaction Score
As I said a year ago. He could end up in Ray Allen’s level by the time he is finished. His shot is just too good at any level. Even his teammates know that and try get him the ball as much as possible.
He needs to develop his all around game to get to anywhere near that level. It looks like he is, getting some boards and assists. People forget how well rounded Bucks/Sonics Ray was.

Reaction Score
Realistically Hawk is the 2nd best rookie in this class. Huge he’s off to a nice start you have a fan base that loves him now, vets and a coach who trusts him. In professional sports always important for a 1st rd pick to get off to a good start because if you don’t that organization is looking to replace you as there is no patience in the pros as opposed to college.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom