Have we already witnessed Paige Bueckers’ last game at UConn? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Have we already witnessed Paige Bueckers’ last game at UConn?

Reaction Score
Paige has had a lot of injuries recently at this level of play. She's missed the bulk of 2 years in a row now. In her heart I think she knows her future will involve basketball but she's an influencer more than anything. She's probably going to struggle to stay on the floor going forward. An NBA team will even question her ability to stay healthy at the NBA level unless she can come back strong first. Fortunately, she may have her future secured by the time she leaves college if she invests well. It may be that staying in college is her best scenario career wise. Uconn is a heck of a platform and now is the time to have that platform. I think she might be making a million a year right now. A couple more years of that maybe even growing in college is a solid base for a professional athlete. I'm not so sure she makes more in the pros. It would be better to take the sure money now.
?

Reaction Score
Like everyone here I’ve been wondering what it’s going to take for Paige to avoid another injury and keep playing basketball, at UConn or elsewhere. This article from yesterday by Maggie Vanoni in CT Insider was really interesting:

ACL injuries are more common for female athletes such as UConn’s Paige Bueckers. Experts explain why

A quote that jumped out at me:

Bueckers is the fifth Husky on this year’s roster to have torn their ACL at some point in their young careers. Azzi Fudd, Caroline Ducharme, Dorka Juhasz, and Aubrey Griffin all suffered torn ACLs in high school. Caroline Doty, Shea Ralph and Sue Bird are among the notable UConn alums who have also been through ACL injuries early in their careers.”

Didn’t realize that HALF of our roster this year has torn their ACL at some point!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom
Top Bottom