Has Diamond D. been granted her release by UNC? | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Has Diamond D. been granted her release by UNC?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
RoosteryTalk....

:p
You think that's bad, look at my screen name when you quote me!

I even asked the admins if they could remove c_ck from the filter in the site support board, thinking of our recent influx of SCar posters (along with poor Alfred Hitch-thingy). The post was deleted without a reply. :(

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
I even asked the admins if they could remove c_ck from the filter in the site support board, thinking of our recent influx of SCar posters (along with poor Alfred Hitch-thingy). The post was deleted without a reply. :(
Apparently you have not been following the Senhor Testiculo mojo threads on the men's board. Removing the filter would not be a good idea.

Reaction Score
Apparently you have not been following the Senhor Testiculo mojo threads on the men's board. Removing the filter would not be a good idea.

One of the better systems I've seen on a censored board included an option in the user preferences. By default the filter was enabled, turning words into #!#@ and so on. But users could choose to disable it to get the, er, full forum experience. ;) Since search engines don't have registered accounts, they don't pick up the profanity that the admins may be trying to discourage for search (advertising?) purposes.

The problem with a plain, non-defeatable filter is that it eventually ends up obfuscating more legitimate conversation than actual profanity, and people who want to be lewd find ways around the filters anyway.

One other note: the list of censored words is sort of strange in some ways. No male chickens, sure, but it allows a certain very offensive six letter word with racial connotations.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

As far as the frank and beans commentary went, it was pretty much exclusively beans!

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
Just a heads up to posters - the above link I would classify as being borderline 'unsubstantiated rumor' and I felt a little leery of my second point above as it becomes 'speculative' based on a questionable source and if this thread goes done that route too far, it probably will (and should) be locked.

understood, however in my case, you simply said what I had been thinking. I didn't post because it is sheer speculation, looking and quacking like a duck not withstanding....

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
That's misleading: you've worded it to seem as if Dantley is a school crossing guard because he's broke and needs the money, NOT because it simply gives him something to do with his time, and that he's actually just as notoriously frugal with his money as he's always been (it was legendary during his time as a player in the NBA), and that after 15 yrs as a player, and 7 as an asst. coach, he's still a millionaire.....
Actually I had read he was so frugal the reason he's a crossing guard is 1) yes it does give him something to do but 2) it gives him free health insurance. He doesn't like paying for it.

He also, from what I read, still owns his $1.1 million house.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Actually I had read he was so frugal the reason he's a crossing guard is 1) yes it does give him something to do but 2) it gives him free health insurance. He doesn't like paying for it.

That is awesome.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
It is where he works and lives. It's apparently a hot topic for their community, and there is a long line of people there waiting to get a position in the job.....
So you are saying he is doing a job he doesn't need while denying someone who really needs it gainful employment - the 1% really are out to make life ... :rolleyes:

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score

Having not seen this, I just checked it out. I have never laughed so hard in my life!

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score

I can understand that position, not wanting to pay for health insurance. Had the same situ myself 12 years ago.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
Is he Alfred Hitchrooster?

Let's see: Alfred Hitchcock

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
^Aha; so why will the honorable censors accept Hitchcock, but not Gamecock?

Edit: It looks like the censors have fixed things. Woohoo, cockadoodledooo!

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
Does that mean that the world will be a better place? (Just don't give us that great USC cheer, por favor!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom