Hamilton's rebounding | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Hamilton's rebounding

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
You're giving the kid Rodman type attributes.

My chagrin with the REBOUND discussion is that it is MORE than just grabbing the ball. Yeah I watch this too. I promise you that the much maligned Philip Nolan is - footwork wise - the body that does things the best fundamentally inside. He is never getting to the NBA with that. Facey? Hey ... after the one 3point shot he confidently put in against UCF, I am ready to give him 3-4 shots a game behind the line. He has a far better stroke than a few of our shooters; he is a maker.

I agree on that Pudge no doubt. Nolan has his guy on his butt a lot when someone else rebounds and of course too many people don't see that. He does attempt the fundamentals for sure and I wish this would translate more into a player for him, I like the kid.

On Facey, he has a pretty good stroke and many times he's open not just at the 3 but 12-15 feet and he's not thinking of shooting it. Would like to see more there too.

Reaction Score
Certain guys have a gift for rebounding. I saw DHam in one of the high school all star games and I was very surprised how good he was on the offensive glass. Yes, a lot of it is boxing out and effort but some guys just seem to know where the ball is going. I think DHam is one of those.

Reaction Score
Certain guys have a gift for rebounding. I saw DHam in one of the high school all star games and I was very surprised how good he was on the offensive glass. Yes, a lot of it is boxing out and effort but some guys just seem to know where the ball is going. I think DHam is one of those.

Yeah the gift of reading is huge but to be great using the body is required. Whether it's a hard box out or a little hip check of an opposing player flying in from the weak side, even an occasional forearm shiver is required in a subtle way.:oops: But I agree DHam has some natural gifts going after it.

Reaction Score
I believe Hamilton is averaging 8 rpg in conference play which is very impressive for a wing. I think if he works on his jumper a bit in the offseason he could come back and average 14-16 ppg 7-9 rpg and 4-6 assists and become an even better stat sheet stuffer, no to mention he has a great knack for getting in passing lanes

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
Yeah the gift of reading is huge but to be great using the body is required. Whether it's a hard box out or a little hip check of an opposing player flying in from the weak side, even an occasional forearm shiver is required in a subtle way.:oops: But I agree DHam has some natural gifts going after it.

DHam has amazing quickness for his height and I think he is also "quick to the ball" rebounding. He also has great hands--when he touches the ball rebounding, he usually secures it. He's pretty tough, too, the way he gets in there and competes for the rebounds. I hope his offensive game gets back on track. He seems to have been rushing things a lot and it was good to see him handing the ball off to Boat. Like Boat did before him, he needs to learn to harness his quickness and not go 100% every second.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom