SG Hamidou Diallo (UConn Offer) | Page 34 | The Boneyard

SG Hamidou Diallo (UConn Offer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I remember seeing the same thing with Chance Comanche when we were recruiting him. He was a consensus top 50 big everywhere else, but ESPN barely had him in the top 100. It will be interesting to see who it right.
It's weird, because one of ESPN's better/more respected recruiting analysts, Joel Francisco, called Enoch a top-50 recruit after he broke out at the Pangos Camp. Although, I think Enoch did get a thigh bruise or something before the July live periods and didn't play then, so that may be why ESPN doesn't have him ranked.

Reaction Score
It's weird, because one of ESPN's better/more respected recruiting analysts, Joel Francisco, called Enoch a top-50 recruit after he broke out at the Pangos Camp. Although, I think Enoch did get a thigh bruise or something before the July live periods and didn't play then, so that may be why ESPN doesn't have him ranked.
whats stranger is finklestein (sp) is a new england guy right who covers nepsac, and is one of their biggest writers over there. although him being out of the top100 isn't surprising, finklestein also runs NERR im pretty sure, has enoch 10 in new england below sharma.

6'10 7-4 wingpsan, 15&11 at st thomas more. somebody missed the boat.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
what does any of that have to do with you being wrong about him being barely top 100?
Well I was remembering ESPN having him at the end of the top 100 and now out of it as another poster just mentioned. Either way he isn't as highly rated as the guards and SF's we having coming in. My point is he isn't an immediate impact player like a DHAM, JA, AG, or potential commit HD. He is no where in the ball park that AD was or DS is now. Though in Ollie's defense JC barely got these top bigs either.

Reaction Score
Ozzie has plenty of credibility. As does the UConnMBB twitter account, which is not following any uncommitted high school recruits except for Hamidou Diallo.
Yes, Ozzie is very well connected to the program and KO. I always wonder though why he posts things on a message board. I figure they would shut him off if he broadcasted things. Tom Moore used to tell Dogmania and I recruiting stuff but we promised to never post anything he told us on the BY. And we never did.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
Yes, Ozzie is very well connected to the program and KO. I always wonder though why he posts things on a message board. I figure they would shut him off if he broadcasted things. Tom Moore used to tell Dogmania and I recruiting stuff but we promised to never post anything he told us on the BY. And we never did.
I can't believe you just outed your source and your partner like that, savage.

Reaction Score
I think the whole "as long as it stays clean" comment is the coaching staff still stinging from losing out on Stone when they thought they were at a really good place at one point.

Reaction Score
He doesn't post much but it's certainly nice when he posts a nugget every once in awhile.

Reaction Score

I think if he were posting stuff about recruiting strategy the staff would be more upset. What he posts now isn't really damaging.

Reaction Score
He also likes us with Gabriel, so here's to hoping he's right on both. What a class that would be ... Gilbert, Diallo, Diarra, Gabriel.

Could be a really great recruiting class - but I would hate to be the play-by-play guy on a radiocast of those four guys all on the court at the same time, know I would end up with Giarra passing a rebound out to Dabriel for a breakaway.

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
Could be a really great recruiting class - but I would hate to be the play-by-play guy on a radiocast of those four guys all on the court at the same time, know I would end up with Giarra passing a rebound out to Dabriel for a breakaway.
We would be lucky to hear that mistake being made.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
After consulting external sources, internal sources, and Chief's posse, here's what I have to say...

I am 100% certain that Diallo will make a decision as to whether or not he will reclassify between now and August 17th, 2016. It will happen. You can etch it in stone (but not diamond).

Stair has spoken.

Dynasty

Never not member
Reaction Score
After consulting external sources, internal sources, and Chief's posse, here's what I have to say...

I am 100% certain that Diallo will make a decision as to whether or not he will reclassify between now and August 17th, 2016. It will happen. You can etch it in stone (but not diamond).

Stair has spoken.

Thank you, Stair the Master. Thank you...

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
@Aman_UConn: Vertical leaps from #UAALLAMERICA:

Mamadou Diarra: 34-inch Max, 27-inch standing vert
Hamidou Diallo: 34.5-inch Max, 29-inch standing vert

Wow. Being that close to Hamidou Diallo makes you realize how athletic Diarra is. Because Diallo gets way up.

Reaction Score
@Aman_UConn: Vertical leaps from #UAALLAMERICA:

Mamadou Diarra: 34-inch Max, 27-inch standing vert
Hamidou Diallo: 34.5-inch Max, 29-inch standing vert

Wow. Being that close to Hamidou Diallo makes you realize how athletic Diarra is. Because Diallo gets way up.
Diallo's vertical seems awfully low just like Boatright's. The kid looks like a freak when he goes up for dunks.

Reaction Score
Diallo's vertical seems awfully low just like Boatright's. The kid looks like a freak when he goes up for dunks.
Well Ryan's Max vertical was 41" so really good. It was only his standing vertical that low. Any new's if RB is still with the Nets?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom