Griner's Dunk | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Griner's Dunk

Status
Not open for further replies.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Not to be rude, but seriously? Would making seven three-point shots in a game deters others from shooting? Would making spin moves in transition deter others from trying, knowing they would be compared to Andrea Stinson in the 2002 All Star Game?

If a professional athlete achieves something, it motivates other professional athletes to improve their own performances...and to be better than the person who accomplished the initial feat.

Griner is a one of a kind. It's highly unlikely we see anything like her again. Does Parker really want to do her finger roll dunk at this point? I hope that nobody barely squeezes one over the rim and then makes a big deal about it. It's just another reason for most male basketball fans to snicker at women's basketball.

Adesmar123

Can you say UConn? I knew you could!
Reaction Score
Griner is a one of a kind. It's highly unlikely we see anything like her again. It's just another reason for most male basketball fans to snicker at women's basketball.

Its this kind of discussion that makes male basketball fans snicker.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
What's worse is when women players are compared to men... but don't want the women's game to become like the mens

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Griner picks up another dunk tonight, this one off a spin move around her defender. It was a super aggressive move.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
They said on the broadcast last night that BG is headed to Russia after the WNBA season to play with DT on Brondello's husband's team. How fortunate is she to be able to spend the first part of her professional career playing with DT?

However, I hope I never hear of that owner paying BG to sit out the WNBA season. I hope she is making enough in Phoenix for it to still seem profitable for her to keep her coming back.

Reaction Score
They said on the broadcast last night that BG is headed to Russia after the WNBA season to play with DT on Brondello's husband's team. How fortunate is she to be able to spend the first part of her professional career playing with DT?

However, I hope I never hear of that owner paying BG to sit out the WNBA season. I hope she is making enough in Phoenix for it to still seem profitable for her to keep her coming back.
She's not - the league maximum salary ensures that. But she's young - won't need to sit out until later on in her career.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom