Great USA Women's Basketball Practice video... | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Great USA Women's Basketball Practice video...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Geno probably took the guys aside and said 'Hey, come on guys, this isn't college any more, your in the pros, act like it!' :cool:

Coach Jasmine Lister was the leader! She played and coached the boys, and was looking good on the court herself (playing-wise, keep your minds clean).

Reaction Score
Was anyone allowed to play defense in
this practice?

It's funny you said that. Geno was joking that he has to make sure no defense is played so they all want to come back to the next camp!

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Diana says if UConn wins this year, Stewart is the greatest Husky ever, and Geno says "you're remembered for the championships you win, and right now Stewie and Diana are tied with 3."

Magic Johnson said the same exact thing 10 years ago. He said: "long after you've retired, the only thing most people will remember about you is how many championship you won". :oops:

Reaction Score
Two Cali gals hang'n out in Storrs.

View attachment 12092
What/Who do you think they're talking about?
Well, now we know:

Thanks to the Twitter account of her high school team, the photo of UConn freshman Katie Lou Samuelson having a conversation with another sweet-shooting California native has made quite the splash on social media.

The photo was taken after Diana Taurasi wrapped up the second day of the three-day training camp with the U.S. national team and shortly before Samuelson and the Huskies had a Monday afternoon. The timing couldn't have been much better as Samuelson is coming off a Taurasi-like offensive performance in the first quarter of Saturday's win at East Carolina. Samuelson finished with 15 points, which would have marked the second best scoring effort of her freshman season even if she did not play in the final three quarters.

"She is giving me advice on freshman year and to keep my head up," Samuelson said. "Things are starting to go a little bit (easier) so it is really cool to have somebody that I look up to so much and she just feels connected to this program and connected to all of us. I haven't known her before so it was nice to have that connection."

Samuelson and her teammates were able to check out the three days of practices with the 16 players in the national team pool including teammate Breanna Stewart.

"It was amazing," Samuelson said. "It was cool to see the different intensity level they had, every single one them, the confidence, the skills they all possess. It was really a treat for all of us and I think we all learned a lot."

MORE...

Reaction Score
Was anyone allowed to play defense in
this practice?
It looked like the NHL All Star game. Just get out of the way and let them score. But it sure is fun to watch.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Love this:
I did some checking and there are three Division I women's players shooting at least 55 percent from the field, 40 percent from 3-point range and 80 percent from the foul line.

One of those players is Maryland junior Shatori Walker-Kimbrough, who is shooting 55.6 percent overall, a stunning 56.7 percent on 3-pointers and 80.2 percent from the free-throw line. The other two players in that category are UConn seniors Moriah Jefferson (58.5 percent on field goals, 41.9 percent on 3-pointers and 88.6 on foul shots) and Breanna Stewart (.589/.417/.817).

In UConn's history, there are two players who hit all three shooting percentage landmarks. Shea Ralph did it as a redshirt sophomore and Jefferson accomplished the feat last season.

Not the great Sue, not DT, but Moriah will be the only one with two such years.
Walker-K is having a phenomenal year!

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
It looked like the NHL All Star game. Just get out of the way and let them score. But it sure is fun to watch.
The whole idea of the trials I think was to work on offensive sets and get flow and connection between the disparate players in a very short window, so having defenders on the court was good, but having good defenders challenging shots was really not necessary and probably would have been counter productive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom