GOT Season Six | Page 48 | The Boneyard

GOT Season Six

Reaction Score
The dragons initially died off because humans imprisoned them to control them. It stunted their development, and with years of successive breeding, they grew smaller and smaller until they died off. From the books.

Maesters might have a new way though.
So are Dany's dragons ancient (even for dragon standards)?

Reaction Score
So are Dany's dragons ancient (even for dragon standards)?
Its tough to say. On one hand when the marriage gift was made, I believe it was stated that time turned them to stone. But yet Drogon is clearly larger than the other two that had been locked up in Mereen. So maybe her dragons are both ancient and still fall in with the "science" of dragons?

Reaction Score
Its tough to say. On one hand when the marriage gift was made, I believe it was stated that time turned them to stone. But yet Drogon is clearly larger than the other two that had been locked up in Mereen. So maybe her dragons are both ancient and still fall in with the "science" of dragons?
Drogon was the biggest from the beginning. The slaver in Astapor(?) wanted more than one in return for the Unsullied but she said just one, the biggest (Drogon), and he accepted.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Drogon was the biggest from the beginning. The slaver in Astapor(?) wanted more than one in return for the Unsullied but she said just one, the biggest (Drogon), and he accepted.

No idea if they are ancient sized or not, but they do grow for their entire lives, so these aren't the finished product.

And Drogon (the black) is/was definitely always the biggest. Interestingly, the original biggest Targaryen dragons were also three in number: Balerion/Vhagar/Meraxes. Balerion was the biggest of the three, and called the Black Dread. Aegon the Conqueror road him to take over Westeros. Mirrors what's going on now.

It seems that taking the Dragons out of Valyria also caused them to lose size. Maybe that was their natural habitat.

I guess this image from season 2 is Balerion's skull?

latest

Penfield

a.k.a PencilForest
Reaction Score
Cersei: Will the king and I have children?
Maggy: Oh, aye. Six-and-ten for him, and three for you. Gold shall be their crowns and gold their shrouds, she said. And when your tears have drowned you, the valonqar shall wrap his hands about your pale white throat and choke the life from you.

Reaction Score
Cersei: Will the king and I have children?
Maggy: Oh, aye. Six-and-ten for him, and three for you. Gold shall be their crowns and gold their shrouds, she said. And when your tears have drowned you, the valonqar shall wrap his hands about your pale white throat and choke the life from you.

The "valonqar" does not necessarily mean Cersei's little brother/sibling. I think Jamie is the most likely to fulfill the prophecy (with Tyrion second), but other candidates could be any prominent younger sibling remaining.

Penfield

a.k.a PencilForest
Reaction Score
@Excalibur valid point. I feel like all signs are pointing to Jamie at this point though. Just makes sense when paralleled to the Mad King

Reaction Score
The "valonqar" does not necessarily mean Cersei's little brother/sibling. I think Jamie is the most likely to fulfill the prophecy (with Tyrion second), but other candidates could be any prominent younger sibling remaining.
The Hound? After offing his brother? PLEASE?!

Reaction Score
The Hound? After offing his brother? PLEASE?!

Possibly, but it appears that he is heading north right now.

I agree with those who think Jaime will kill her. There seems to be a parallel with what is happening in Kings Landing now and what happened with the Mad King. There is no way that Kings Landing can hold out once Dany shows up with her army. I can see Cersei opting to destroy Kings Landing rather than giving up the throne, and then Jaime killing her.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Possibly, but it appears that he is heading north right now.

I agree with those who think Jaime will kill her. There seems to be a parallel with what is happening in Kings Landing now and what happened with the Mad King. There is no way that Kings Landing can hold out once Dany shows up with her army. I can see Cersei opting to destroy Kings Landing rather than giving up the throne, and then Jaime killing her.

Given that she is the only person in the world he cares about (per his speech to Edmure) I think it would take that much for him to do it. The prior destruction of the Sept, and resulting death of their last child isn't enough. It's a logical theory. It's going to be interesting.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Given that she is the only person in the world he cares about (per his speech to Edmure) I think it would take that much for him to do it. The prior destruction of the Sept, and resulting death of their last child isn't enough. It's a logical theory. It's going to be interesting.

I'm also having a hard time with Jame turning on his sister. I would suppose it depends on how much he blames her for the deaths of all his children.

I still think it's a bit of a reach. Maybe he is forced to choose between her and Trion and that's what sets him off.

Reaction Score
I agree with theory, but I don't think it necessarily has to be in anger. Cersei could be defeated and dying and looking to have it end.

Reaction Score
When it comes to making GOT predictions, I'm probably about as good as the next guy, but I haven't had much success with predicting Jaime's actions.

I still think it will be Jaime that kills Cersei, and maybe he kills himself next.
Also possible is that Jaime dies first, which upsets Cersei (the prophecy has 'her tears drowning her', and I don't think there is much that would make her cry) and then Tyrion kills her.

I believe that 'valonqar' can apply to anyone who isn't the oldest child in a household, so there is a long list of possible suspects.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
I agree with theory, but I don't think it necessarily has to be in anger. Cersei could be defeated and dying and looking to have it end.

In my estimation, Cersei is far more likely to act out of spite, than out of giving up. Her anger literally fuels her existence.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
I believe that 'valonqar' can apply to anyone who isn't the oldest child in a household, so there is a long list of possible suspects.

Valonqar is High Valyrian for "little brother". So it can be any younger brother. Arya is out as far as Cersei goes, if the prophecy holds. Likely Jaime or Tyrion.

Outside (long) shots: Theon Greyjoy. No shot: Bran.

Reaction Score
Valonqar is High Valyrian for "little brother". So it can be any younger brother. Arya is out as far as Cersei goes, if the prophecy holds. Likely Jaime or Tyrion.

Valyrian is often not gender specific. Females can not be ruled out.

Reaction Score
In my estimation, Cersei is far more likely to act out of spite, than out of giving up. Her anger literally fuels her existence.

She's a quitter. Remember what she was preparing to do should the battle of Blackwater go South? She had poison for herself and Payne for the others. She's not above asking for the Mother's Mercy.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Valyrian is often not gender specific. Females can not be ruled out.

So even though "hāedar" means little sister, it could also mean little brother too? Both words are interchangeable for both?

Reaction Score
So even though "hāedar" means little sister, it could also mean little brother too? Both words are interchangeable for both?

Don't know the term well enough to comment. I don't speak valarean, or Clingan. There are clues to indicate that valonqar can be translated to mean male or female. My guess is that Cersei will be killed by a male, all I am saying is that female assailant is possible.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score

wouldnt about 'Arry . Arya as a little boy in season two.

Reaction Score
For all the twists and turns the show has taken to this season, I feel like the end stages have clearly been more about playing out the storylines in grand fashion, as opposed to wild shockers. That said, I feel like there are only 5 people who could possibly kill Cersei.

Sansa - For how she treated her and the role played in the death of Robb/Ned.
Arya - Well, she's on "the list"
Jamie - This whole romantic brother/sister story is odd and could end oddly
Tyrian - Not likely, but they have clearly hated each other since childhood.
Cersei - She almost drank poison at the Battle of Blackwater, I can see her doing that while the rest of Kings Landing burns.

No one else makes any sense. She's such a strong and evil btch of a character, you're not writing her off in some knife fight with a Sand Snake.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
For all the twists and turns the show has taken to this season, I feel like the end stages have clearly been more about playing out the storylines in grand fashion, as opposed to wild shockers. That said, I feel like there are only 5 people who could possibly kill Cersei.

Sansa - For how she treated her and the role played in the death of Robb/Ned.
Arya - Well, she's on "the list"
Jamie - This whole romantic brother/sister story is odd and could end oddly
Tyrian - Not likely, but they have clearly hated each other since childhood.
Cersei - She almost drank poison at the Battle of Blackwater, I can see her doing that while the rest of Kings Landing burns.

No one else makes any sense. She's such a strong and evil btch of a character, you're not writing her off in some knife fight with a Sand Snake.

Your list reads like a "Which doesnt belong and why"

Please edit and take that ineffectual moron Sansa Stark off. You discount a Sand Snake but think Sansa is capable?
It dilutes and otherwise though provoking solid posting.

intlzncster

Reaction Score

The prophecy has played out spot on so far. I see no reason why that wouldn't continue. It's happening despite all of Cersei's attempts to thwart it (almost killing herself, engineering Tommen's 'safety', sending Jaime to save her daughter, etc etc). She's going to be killed by someone else, looking her dead in the eye.

I could see Jaime dying before she dies, cementing the 'when your tears have drowned you' bit.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kemba123#

Top Bottom