Go East, young man...how Rutgers and Maryland add effects B1G | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Go East, young man...how Rutgers and Maryland add effects B1G

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I think it as simple as being able to show that UCONN adds significantly to the pot. An incremental gain will not be enough to convince an Iowa or Minnesota that they are going to be seeing Michigan or Ohio State even less on their schedules than they already do. AAU Status and the quality of your football program are simply window dressing. Its entirely about maximizing revenue through media. If CT had 8 million people in state as opposed to 3.5 you would be in the conference already. You check an overwhelming number of the right boxes IMO.

That said as of right now I think the number of schools that can pay for themselves and also raise the take for everyone else can be counted on 1 hand. ND, Texas, and UNC. (All three are highly unlikely) The list of those schools who potentially could be included someday would be GT, UVA/VPI, Mizzou, OU, KU, and UCONN. That's it. I do believe if The B1G is motivated to act your flexibility and desire to join will be looked upon favorably.

If the ACC ever got off the ground, I think the B1G would have a battle on its hands in the region. Syracuse and UConn is a good counterweight against Rutgers and midwest alumni in NYC.

But of course, the ACC doesn't want to hear it. Bunch of yokel dokels.

And no, no school is going to contribute $45 million to the B1G any time soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22
Top Bottom