give me a actual reason why GDL can't go this minute | Page 2 | The Boneyard

give me a actual reason why GDL can't go this minute

Status
Not open for further replies.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Based on the complete disaster on Friday, PP should be very worried that Manual has said nothing in his defense.

Science may be golden but in a case like this, silence can be deadly.

Reaction Score
Because there is no miracle in the bottle out there that's going to fix us
It's not about finding a fix, it's about removing something or someone that's holding us back. It's clear our offense is completely abysmal, getting it to average would be an improvement.

Reaction Score
Said it before, I'll say it again here. Warde's job is not to put out press releases to assuage UConn fans. An AD conducting a coaching search through the newspapers would scare away any good candidates (if the AD is publicly undermining the current coach, they'll think he's likely to do that to future coaches) and basically guarantee the continued downward spiral of the program. If you want public pressure on coach P, write letters to the editor and retweet Jacob's and Chip's columns.

I think fans should take a second to consider things before ripping the AD... he can do more behind closed doors than he can publicly. I think folks want to see their frustrations mirrored by the AD, maybe that's understandable from a fan perspective. But just because he's not out there saying "GDL suxx" doesn't mean he doesn't hear the complaints. Plus he knows a ton of more stuff than what the fans / media know, I'm sure. Manuel will speak, but through his actions, not words.

A post like that does not belong on this board. Way too rational and grown up when people want what they want and want it now.

Reaction Score
IMO most coaching searches are conducted through the media, on a back-channel basis at first but then dropped into public domain when one party (agent, coach, search committee, AD, reporter) goes public with it. How anyone could say Manuel is "undermining" PP is beyond me. He's doing a pretty good of undermining himself without any help the last five weeks.

Reaction Score
IMO most coaching searches are conducted through the media, on a back-channel basis at first but then dropped into public domain when one party (agent, coach, search committee, AD, reporter) goes public with it.

After a deal is agreed upon in principle... the only public part is the various agents trying to position their clients whether there is mutual interest or not. You don't see many trial ballons floated. AD could care less what the general fan base believes is a good or bad hire.

Reaction Score
Personally I don't see the point in cleaning house until we've done our due diligence in terms of who's available and who we're likely to be able to get. I imagine Warde has started this process, but I'd hope it's thorough enough that he's not finished in two weeks. That's the type of job search that results in unimaginative, "safe" hires like P.

Reaction Score
Personally I don't see the point in cleaning house until we've done our due diligence in terms of who's available and who we're likely to be able to get. I imagine Warde has started this process, but I'd hope it's thorough enough that he's not finished in two weeks. That's the type of job search that results in unimaginative, "safe" hires like P.

A change in coaching is all but certain, when it will happen is the unknown, given there still a lot to play for, making the change now would be challenging, but not impossible. We can have an interim coach like Brown or Hughes or Foley, but the only real problem is who would be the OC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom