Reaction Score
why?
would we be missing somethin g important? NO
other teams dont fire coaches mid season! WRONG
we need him for the OL? NO-Foley

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
I don't think you'll find any disagreement, HFD. It's all in Warde's hands.

Reaction Score
He is the only one fit for the role of Santa in the annual AD Christmas play in December.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Because there is no miracle in the bottle out there that's going to fix us

im not looking for a fix, im looking to drop dead weight and see some one else call plays. give some 1 a at a future here unlike the rest of the staff. i'm not expecting johhy elway to show up as OC and lead us to a BCS bowl. i just want to kill off the bugs infesting our program. other programs do this, why can't we? are we that small time? if so then pack up the place and call it quits.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Because his boy is HC!

and if thats enough for warde to say ok i'll let u stay, then not only does the staff need to go but so does warde. thats little league if thats the position taken on this. little league.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
There is the possibility (and this is my hope) that WM believes it would be far easier to make the sweeping changes he views as necessary if he lets the season play out as it is headed. If he believes that we need to clean house in January (which unfortunately may be the only solution), minor tinkering now will not do much and may make what is necessary more difficult to implement.

He is a football man. He has to have a better idea of what is necessary to compete at the highest level than any of us have and I would be amazed if he doesn't have a clearer view of what has been going on with the football program than every one of us has. The best thing we can do at this point is wait and hope that whatever decision he makes is the best one for our program's future. For the record, I don't see how someone who played in the trenches (he was a DT at Michigan) can consider retaining our current offensive line coach.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
There is the possibility (and this is my hope) that WM believes it would be far easier to make the sweeping changes he views as necessary if he lets the season play out as it is headed. If he believes that we need to clean house in January (which unfortunately may be the only solution), minor tinkering now will not do much and may make what is necessary more difficult to implement.

He is a football man. He has to have a better idea of what is necessary to compete at the highest level than any of us have and I would be amazed if he doesn't have a clearer view of what has been going on with the football program than every one of us has. The best thing we can do at this point is wait and hope that whatever decision he makes is the best one for our program's future. For the record, I don't see how someone who played in the trenches (he was a DT at Michigan) can consider retaining our current offensive line coach.

ok, but if this is then wardes position then he can't go silent and missing in action. he needs to be vocal about the program. i'm not asking him to come out and say "i'm firing his ass in amoth blah blha" but tell the fans hes going to get this program going in the right direction or something. hes needs some hint to give or just show life so we know that hes not clueless to all this. laughing it up 2 weekends ago witht he coach pre game on the sideline is not a very good visual for this fanbase right now if u get my drift.

Reaction Score
ok, but if this is then wardes position then he can't go silent and missing in action. he needs to be vocal about the program. i'm not asking him to come out and say "i'm firing his ass in amoth blah blha" but tell the fans hes going to get this program going in the right direction or something. hes needs some hint to give or just show life so we know that hes not clueless to all this. laughing it up 2 weekends ago witht he coach pre game on the sideline is not a very good visual for this fanbase right now if u get my drift.

Wrong...laughing it up after the Rutgers game is not a good visual. I haven't seen any laughing it up...chummy pics since BEFORE the Rutgers game. I think that counts for something Dan. We have no idea what is going on up at Burton/Schenkman right now. For all we know GDL has already been told he will not return next season. As a season ticket holder I would be MUCH more worried right now if Manuel came out with anvote of confidence IMMEDIATELY after the game Fri night.

Reaction Score
This I agree needs to happen. Good point Dan. Although I am not as into headhunting (at least midseason) the ad. Can and should be making some noise.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Wrong...laughing it up after the Rutgers game is not a good visual. I haven't seen any laughing it up...chummy pics since BEFORE the Rutgers game. I think that counts for something Dan. We have no idea what is going on up at Burton/Schenkman right now. For all we know GDL has already been told he will not return next season. As a season ticket holder I would be MUCH more worried right now if Manuel came out with anvote of confidence IMMEDIATELY after the game Fri night.

a few weeks ago he was laughing it up with the coach pre game and had post game comments that were blah.
now hes not seen and not heard from. my hope is that hes ses the issue and is going to fix it just like everyone else here. but the silence is scary to me as i have yet to see him make a big decision correclty yet. he half assed his way thru the 1st of these decisions. he took the scape goat 7 moth deal. u literally can't even say he gave KO a full year try at it. thats half assing it. either name ko coach and wear it that u have faith in this school, jc and evverything built by him or just come out and say u dont. dont half ass it. i'm worried that his silence is showing that hes not capable or ready to make another big decision so young into his career here. maybe he should have stayed in buffalo where its cold enough all year so u never have to go outside and see any of the 5 fans they have for sports.

Reaction Score
a few weeks ago he was laughing it up with the coach pre game and had post game comments that were blah.
now hes not seen and not heard from. my hope is that hes ses the issue and is going to fix it just like everyone else here. but the silence is scary to me as i have yet to see him make a big decision correclty yet. he half assed his way thru the 1st of these decisions. he took the scape goat 7 moth deal. u literally can't even say he gave KO a full year try at it. thats half assing it. either name ko coach and wear it that u have faith in this school, jc and evverything built by him or just come out and say u dont. dont half ass it. i'm worried that his silence is showing that hes not capable or ready to make another big decision so young into his career here. maybe he should have stayed in buffalo where its cold enough all year so u never have to go outside and see any of the 5 fans they have for sports.
Although I like Ollie a lot and I think he is going to be head coach here a long time...I don't think Manuel would be doing his job if he didn't look around. We always say the hoops jobs are top destination jobs...why not see who may be interested. I think in this case he is looking at things like buyout $ and what kind of changes he can force. This man ran the Michigan football team directly during one of the most successful runs in the history of the school. I think he knows what he is doing. There are 4 games left to this season....let's see where we go from here. I am going to hold judgement until actions happen. If GDL does im fact return as OC nxt season...then I think Manuel will have made a HUGE mistake...but I wouldn't take his silence as ignorance right now that's for sure!

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Although I like Ollie a lot and I think he is going to be head coach here a long time...I don't think Manuel would be doing his job if he didn't look around. We always say the hoops jobs are top destination jobs...why not see who may be interested. I think in this case he is looking at things like buyout $ and what kind of changes he can force. This man ran the Michigan football team directly during one of the most successful runs in the history of the school. I think he knows what he is doing. There are 4 games left to this season....let's see where we go from here. I am going to hold judgement until actions happen. If GDL does im fact return as OC nxt season...then I think Manuel will have made a HUGE mistake...but I wouldn't take his silence as ignorance right now that's for sure!

if he lets p or d stay past this winter he would be on year 2 of them. besides the reaction from this fanbase for them getting year 3 total, i will beup in fire over him giving this staff more than a year unde rhim vs KO only 7 months. i will say that much.

Reaction Score
The Ollie contract was just a pissing match between ward and Calhoun

Reaction Score
Dan - not that we'll be able to tell if you are being truthful or not, but what do you do for a living/type of work? It'll help me figure out what experiances you are pulling from when you post some stuff. No disrespect intended.

Reaction Score

Your part about Ollie makes no sense. Assume that he is going to do a search at the end of this season and that he had no choice (other than Hobbs or Lefty) other than to make Ollie interim. You really want him to tell the players and the world he's only an interim? That would be beyond stupid.

Reaction Score
Dan - not that we'll be able to tell if you are being truthful or not, but what do you do for a living/type of work? It'll help me figure out what experiances you are pulling from when you post some stuff. No disrespect intended.

i drink and watch uconn sports. thats my living.

SexyPartyDance.gif

Thanks... appreciate your honesty.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I mean who cares about words. I care what he does.

On a side note the schedule is just brutal. 3-4 week gaps between home games drains enthusiasm in good seasons - this is a death march.

Reaction Score
I mean who cares about words. I care what he does.

On a side note the schedule is just brutal. 3-4 week gaps between home games drains enthusiasm in good seasons - this is a death march.

THere are few, and far between times when I will agree with you.

This is one, of all the complaining and pissing about our former AD Hathaway, his complete mismanagement of our football scheduling is #1. The games, on the schedule, are and always will be priority #1. without games to play, there is no football. Without a schedule that makes sense and can give both your team and your fans, a chance to succeed, and interest......it's all about scheduling.

There are I think maybe 5 or 6 programs that have played 8 games straight so far this season. I think Wisconsin, Ohio State, a couple others...and UConn.

Playing 8 straight games to open a division 1-A college football season is brutal, and you better have the depth chart stocked up to do it. As we all know now.

Not only that, the road trips back to back, playing in wastelands,and leaving the future schedule essentially empty....for as long as he did.......ARGGH.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
THere are few, and far between times when I will agree with you.

This is one, of all the complaining and pissing about our former AD Hathaway, his complete mismanagement of our football scheduling is #1. The games, on the schedule, are and always will be priority #1. without games to play, there is no football. Without a schedule that makes sense and can give both your team and your fans, a chance to succeed, and interest......it's all about scheduling.

There are I think maybe 5 or 6 programs that have played 8 games straight so far this season. I think Wisconsin, Ohio State, a couple others...and UConn.

Playing 8 straight games to open a division 1-A college football season is brutal, and you better have the depth chart stocked up to do it. As we all know now.

Not only that, the road trips back to back, playing in wastelands,and leaving the future schedule essentially empty....for as long as he did.......ARGGH.

I don't know how much say the schools have on the conference dates - but this is awful. It's pretty much 4 games rapid fire then a month then another month.

UConn is having the recent Syracuse seasons and I think we talked about this in the summer. If you look at the roster the first string is good but by the end of the year it's a mess. Syracuse has faded every recent year just like this.

Someone I rarely agree with made a great post Friday commenting that the reason UConn had so many injuries on Friday was because they weren't playing to the whistle.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Said it before, I'll say it again here. Warde's job is not to put out press releases to assuage UConn fans. An AD conducting a coaching search through the newspapers would scare away any good candidates (if the AD is publicly undermining the current coach, they'll think he's likely to do that to future coaches) and basically guarantee the continued downward spiral of the program. If you want public pressure on coach P, write letters to the editor and retweet Jacob's and Chip's columns.

I think fans should take a second to consider things before ripping the AD... he can do more behind closed doors than he can publicly. I think folks want to see their frustrations mirrored by the AD, maybe that's understandable from a fan perspective. But just because he's not out there saying "GDL suxx" doesn't mean he doesn't hear the complaints. Plus he knows a ton of more stuff than what the fans / media know, I'm sure. Manuel will speak, but through his actions, not words.

Reaction Score
Said it before, I'll say it again here. Warde's job is not to put out press releases to assuage UConn fans. An AD conducting a coaching search through the newspapers would scare away any good candidates (if the AD is publicly undermining the current coach, they'll think he's likely to do that to future coaches) and basically guarantee the continued downward spiral of the program. If you want public pressure on coach P, write letters to the editor and retweet Jacob's and Chip's columns.

I think fans should take a second to consider things before ripping the AD... he can do more behind closed doors than he can publicly. I think folks want to see their frustrations mirrored by the AD, maybe that's understandable from a fan perspective. But just because he's not out there saying "GDL suxx" doesn't mean he doesn't hear the complaints. Plus he knows a ton of more stuff than what the fans / media know, I'm sure. Manuel will speak, but through his actions, not words.

Exactly. The words accomplish nothing other than to make some of us feel better. He should and will be judged on his actions, particularly those actions he takes after December 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom