Not open for further replies.

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
Best of luck to him with his next team.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
he can go to any school P says accept for one on the schedule in the next 2 years.

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
he can go to any school P says accept for one on the schedule in the next 2 years.
I agree with this. Don't need free scouting reports being handed to an opposing coach. Other than that, do whatever is best for you.

Reaction Score
Wishing St Louis nothing but the best... He was the one of the faces of UCONN football during media events up until this pre-season... He deserves to play....I'm sure he'll get the chance to see more significant time on the field wherever he ends up.. plus he's a true JR.. which means he can still burn a redshirt if need be...

Reaction Score
Must have fallen in the depth charts? Is there a depth chart for 2012 that we could pin??

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
i think ty brown passed him for good and he was not going to see much pt with the good young depth we have at S. he was on the depth chart last year in front of ty.

i have only seen the qb chart be put out by the program. nothing for the other positions. the qb thing i think was to excite the fans and bump tix on those thinking year 2 of jmac.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I agree with this. Don't need free scouting reports being handed to an opposing coach. Other than that, do whatever is best for you.

True but there is no way he is going to end up at a school that can beat UConn. What school would P be worried about?

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
True but there is no way he is going to end up at a school that can beat UConn. What school would P be worried about?
a nbe school that isn't in the nbe yet.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
a nbe school that isn't in the nbe yet.

So a school trying to improve is going to take a transfer from a 5-7 team who couldn't get playing time at a position of weakness. Which school would UConn be worried about? Temple?

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
So a school trying to improve is going to take a transfer from a 5-7 team who couldn't get playing time at a position of weakness. Which school would UConn be worried about? Temple?

temple is already in the nbe. we play them this fall. a better try would be smu, uh, ucf or memphis. i don't think his position is a weakness for us. we don't know other teams needs. he could also end up at a mac school so that would also be something to watch. wm beat us last year right?

bottom line is we don't have to worry because P handled it fine. no one we play while hes there and it still leaves 90% of teams for him to look at. all is fine.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
temple is already in the nbe. we play them this fall. a better try would be smu, uh, ucf or memphis. i don't think his position is a weakness for us. we don't know other teams needs. he could also end up at a mac school so that would also be something to watch. wm beat us last year right?

bottom line is we don't have to worry because P handled it fine. no one we play while hes there and it still leaves 90% of teams for him to look at. all is fine.

Safety hasn't been a position of weakness at UConn? What games have you been watching?

It's fine to restrict St. Louis to schools not on the schedule to be consistent in the future, but no one on the schedule who can beat UConn will be interested. If the difference for UConn beating a MAC team is the transfer of St. Louis, than this coaching staff isn't going to be here to worry about it anyway.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Safety hasn't been a position of weakness at UConn? What games have you been watching?

It's fine to restrict St. Louis to schools not on the schedule to be consistent in the future, but no one on the schedule who can beat UConn will be interested. If the difference for UConn beating a MAC team is the transfer of St. Louis, than this coaching staff isn't going to be here to worry about it anyway.

i must have been distracted by the qb position to not notice what a horrible failure the safety position was. were young but got potential and he was passed by youth this summer. some team will grab him because he can rs and have 2 years left and give good depth to that position. just my thoughts.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
i must have been distracted by the qb position to not notice what a horrible failure the safety position was. were young but got potential and he was passed by youth this summer. some team will grab him because he can rs and have 2 years left and give good depth to that position. just my thoughts.

Yeah that team will be at a level below the Big East. Clearly he's not looking to be depth or he could have stayed here.

At UConn:
safety:qb defense: offense

Reaction Score
If he's a academic senior and he has to sit out a year he may be looking at one more year depending on how long he wants to be in college .

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score

Pure speculation on my part but I believe that this very limited restriction is to prevent PP's predecessor from landing him.

Reaction Score

i don't think there's any school P should be worried about, but it's pretty common practice for coaches to not allow a player to go to a future opponent.

Reaction Score
Read Dez's article this morning. Implied Obi having a good camp and St. Louis not in two deep. Good luck to the young man for sure.

Reaction Score
can't teach size... Obi's 6'4 ... St. Louiis 5'11... nuff said

Reaction Score
Jones, Brown, Adams, Lee, Floyd, Melfonwu, Marder........we really have some good looking players at Safety. Really haven't heard much about Wilbert Lee this summer.

Reaction Score
Jones, Brown, Adams, Lee, Floyd, Melfonwu, Marder........we really have some good looking players at Safety. Really haven't heard much about Wilbert Lee this summer.

Yeah, kinda weird about Lee... I imagined him as being on the two deep at SS.. Looks like a kid that would lay some serious wood....

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
lee is our super secret impact player on d this year. sssshhhhhhhhhh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads