Georgetown Post Game Thread | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Georgetown Post Game Thread

Reaction Score
It was a loser move by Ewing but if you're 0-whatever in conference play why wouldn't you.
I was debating this in the chat at the end of the game and someone brought up the point- what if we were down 20 and the other team put their subs in and we cut it to 9, would you be upset we were still competing to the end?

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Polley driving to the hoop is such a nice development in his game. Might help keep the defense more honest on him if he can blow by them when they play him that close on the perimeter
Polley has been playing great as of late. This is what we’ve been expecting from him. Earlier in the season he wasn’t playing well. Now he’s hopefully going to be on of the reasons we go far.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Whether or not Cole comes back, Jackson is going to be the primary playmaker next year. Cole is best as an off guard regardless.

Hawkins play today made me feel really good about next year. Jackson-Sanogo-Hawkins is a fantastic trio even if Cole-Martin decide to move on.
Absolutely. Hawkins confidence is soaring and it’s started when his defense and aggressiveness picked up

Reaction Score
I was debating this in the chat at the end of the game and someone brought up the point- what if we were down 20 and the other team put their subs in and we cut it to 9, would you be upset we were still competing to the end?
Play to the end of the game. They were pressing before we put in Diggins and Samuel. They were supposed to stop because we considered them beat?

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Ewing is a putz for pressing when Hurley put in all the subs. UConn could've called their score today and showed mercy. Danny will remember that but Ewing is gone anyways.
I’ve got zero issue with it. You play to the buzzer. One more turnover and 3 and things could’ve gotten legitimately uncomfortable .

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Horrible back door cover

Pathetic officiating

Great game for the Huskies
This^^… I turned it off with 5 min to go up 20 figuring I won my parlay easy and Gtown goes on a 20-10 run in the last 2 minutes against the backups lol. This is why I wasn’t meant to gamble.

Reaction Score
Play to the end of the game. They were pressing before we put in Diggins and Samuel. They were supposed to stop because we considered them beat?
We also put them in at the 4 minute mark, if we were playing our walkons with a minute left I get it, you wanna get your guys real game action expect them to face a real college defense even if it’s Gtown.

I can’t stand the unwritten rules, Hurley didn’t even get mad he was just mad at his own guys, I don’t think it would be wise for Hurley to get into a fight with Ewing anyways lol.

Reaction Score
We also put them in at the 4 minute mark, if we were playing our walkons with a minute left I get it, you wanna get your guys real game action expect them to face a real college defense even if it’s Gtown.

I’m not too much of a fan of the unwritten rules, Hurley didn’t even get mad he was just mad at his own guys, I don’t think it would be wise for Hurley to get into a fight with Ewing anyways lol.
He also wasn't pressing walkons. He was pressing Top 100 recruits.

Reaction Score
Andre the giant 14:1 ato last two games.
I got to see AJ in person for the first time today.
I’ve been on the AJ train all along and seeing him prepare pregame reinforces my belief on how good he can be.

When the guards and shooters where in their stationary dribbling group AJ was far superior in skills, speed and intensity. He had control of the ball during all of the spider, pound, crossover,etc routines and performed them as if it was game speed. I can definitely see the Maravich dribbling comparisons.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Georgetown is not a talented team, but I was at Gampel game last month, and then on TV today, and in both instances Ewings kids busted their asses. It’s confusing to me because he has had so many defections last couple years so you would think he has a problem with kids, but if any team has a legit reason to quit it’s an 0-17 league team, but those kids really compete. Gotta respect that

Reaction Score
Georgetown needs someone like Amaker. With his background, including the breakfast meetings, he would thrive in the DMV area. It would be hard not to see the top 15 kids wanting to commit and staying committed. Aside from Duke and Stanford, it is the best academic school playing high level basketball. With Coach K gone, I can easily see the cerebral coaching slot opening up there. It has everything it needs for support: local talent, national name recognition, huge tv exposure.

Reaction Score

I can’t stand the unwritten rules, Hurley didn’t even get mad he was just mad at his own guys, I don’t think it would be wise for Hurley to get into a fight with Ewing anyways lol.
Hurley put them in with 2 minutes left, UConn was up 17 points.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Had to work so haven't watched the game yet. Hawkins killed a guy on live tv? Cool to see
Yeah. I felt the anger through the tv. Felt like he got all his frustration out

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
I got to see AJ in person for the first time today.
I’ve been on the AJ train all along and seeing him prepare pregame reinforces my belief on how good he can be.

When the guards and shooters where in their stationary dribbling group AJ was far superior in skills, speed and intensity. He had control of the ball during all of the spider, pound, crossover,etc routines and performed them as if it was game speed. I can definitely see the Maravich dribbling comparisons.

Reaction Score
I really believe we are the hottest team in the Country right now and not based just on victories. This team seems to have figured things out and established their identity. I see no fear, tons of confidence and a mix of swagger.

This team still can get better before NCAA Tourney.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
Not to nitpick too much, but he makes a lot of bad plays that don’t show up on his stat line but should. Like the pass to Sanogo on the break today. That TO was 100% on AJ. No way he is a PG, people need to stop.
He also makes a ton of positive plays that don’t show up in the stat line like the countless times he’s set up guys getting to the line or making an extra pass after the defense breaks down for an open shot (hockey assist).

This is a weird point of emphasis to call out even for someone consistently glass half empty. He’s been so overwhelmingly good in the last two games that even if you did want to find fault with that one particular play (I challenge you to name a second) that to bring it up can only be met with the question why?

Reaction Score
Not to nitpick too much, but he makes a lot of bad plays that don’t show up on his stat line but should. Like the pass to Sanogo on the break today. That TO was 100% on AJ. No way he is a PG, people need to stop.
I'm curious what your VERY specific definition of a PG is because Jackson has been our best facilitator recently and it is not particularly close. This is just such a bizarre and wrong take, given his recent performance.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom