Geno Will not Retire | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Geno Will not Retire

Status
Not open for further replies.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
IMO, Geno will retire after #9...the best in the biz...going out on top. I can see him coaching USA basketball, playing a lot of golf, doing wine tastings & bouncing Grandkids on his knee. He will be relevant & outspoken long past retirement.
I noted previously that if Geno were to retire earlier than later it would be when he tied John Wooden with 10. Geno would love to be remembered together with Wooden.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
IMO, Geno will retire after #9...the best in the biz...going out on top. I can see him coaching USA basketball, playing a lot of golf, doing wine tastings & bouncing Grandkids on his knee. He will be relevant & outspoken long past retirement.
Well, if he wins #9 this year, he still has 4 years left on his contract and he just recruited a wonderful 4 player class to teach.

He will stick it out until the contract has one year left. Then he will see how he feels at that time. If he is up to it and wants to continue, UConn will sign him to another 3-5 years.

Just like the last time.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
He gets Wilson and wins 9-10-11-12
Then it will be time to go.
Nothing more to prove.
Give someone else a chance.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
I actually think Geno is old school and when he signs a contract it is his bond and unless something major happened in his life he will not retire before fulfilling that commitment. So including this year, I think 5 years is the minimum he will remain as coach. And I think it is quite possible that he would extend at that time but likely not for another 5 years - 2 or 3 being more likely. And he could extend that as well.

Reaction Score
When the time comes, it will be either Jen or Shea. I don't see how it could be otherwise, and Geno will have no say about who follows him. There is no way he would choose between Jen or Shea.

Reaction Score
Successful coaches don't retire without a good reason such as health, especially basketball coaches. There are dozens of examples.

Yeah ... but Geno isn't like anybody else!!

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
I keep hearing the coaches don't read the board but I do know some of the people in the athletic dept do so here goes.

With our current roster and with Kia Nurse saying she will play for us and with rumors (which are usually True Blue) that Aja Wilson, Katie Lou Samuelson and Asia Durr have UConn at the top of their list and with the Philly Belles group of Danielle Patterson 6'3 Claire Moriarity 6'2 and Espinoza-Hunter 5'9 all want to play for UConn and these 3 are only hs freshman...well Geno is going to be coaching in a rocking chair. LOL

Really aint this something. If Geno wants to retire I will take his job. I could probably coach these kids and go 195-0

As good as UConn is now, We're only going to get better. Ain't that somthin

Go Huskies

Tonyc

(cough)

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
He gets Wilson and wins 9-10-11-12
Then it will be time to go.
Nothing more to prove.
Give someone else a chance.

who are you?