Geno on how the Summitt feud happened - video | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Geno on how the Summitt feud happened - video

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
My friend Obie is in law enforcement -- he's a pretty straight shooter. He tells me when they start dishing the trash it will be a real massacree.
did he/she share the whole truth with you?

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
59347773.jpg

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
I've heard that Tennessee is withholding definitive proof of UConn's nefarious activities and they plan to release it to tarnish Geno's reputation in a future recruiting war. A friend of a friend within the Tennessee organization proudly told me that they have twenty seven eight-by-ten color glossy photographs with circles and arrows and a paragraph on the back of each one explaining what each one was to be used as evidence against us.

Apparently, they can't get over the fact that, since UConn came along, they can't get anything they want.
I guess some of the tin has leeched into what passes for brains in the Tin Foil Hat Brigade.

tin-foil-conspiracy-theories.jpg

Reaction Score
My friend Obie is in law enforcement -- he's a pretty straight shooter. He tells me when they start dishing the trash it will be a real massacree.
You realize we're talking about women's basketball here, right? What do you think happened? Someone gave a sign to a recruit? Bought a recruit lunch at Wendy's? I mean, I doubt Geno was lining up the hookers and blow for prospective recruits. That kind of stuff only happens in the movies, or at least the ACC and SEC. Maybe if Tennessee focused more on their own program instead of trying to tear down another, they could one day win a championship.

FairView

Mad Man
Reaction Score
Sorry, I thought that with the demographics in here everyone would get the references. I used what I thought would be a recognizable lyric to those of us of a certain age to point out the absurdity of Tennessee's actions. Further, I stand by my belief that UConn being exonerated is an example of Blind American Justice.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Of all the versions of this I have heard from Geno, this was the most watered down version and probably reflects what he has said a few times in the last couple of years: He's so over it. Tennessee is far in the rear view mirror and he knows he does no one a service, and himself a disservice, to get into the Pat thing in any detail at all.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Sorry, I thought that with the demographics in here everyone would get the references. I used what I thought would be a recognizable lyric to those of us of a certain age to point out the absurdity of Tennessee's actions. Further, I stand by my belief that UConn being exonerated is an example of Blind American Justice.

Ironically it is the absurdity of Tennessee's actions that heightens the emotional investment and anger on the part of UCONN fans which now makes humor like your reference impossible to apply.

Reaction Score
Ironically it is the absurdity of Tennessee's actions that heightens the emotional investment and anger on the part of UCONN fans which now makes humor like your reference impossible to apply.

I thought it was very funny.

Reaction Score

Actually it's a great analogy. And once I recognized it for what it was I found it hilarious.

The whole point of the song was that the local constabulary treated the incident like a major crime but what it came down to was a small fine and having to pick up the garbage. In the CT-Tenn incident 37 pages of charges became one secondary violation in the end. If they were to redo the movie I would cast Cornelius in the Obie role.

I admit to losing my patience when I read a post accusing UConn of everything short of the Lindbergh kidnapping, but in reality it's a small bunch of true believers who, in trying to perpetuate that myth, have become a parody of themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom