Geno just dropped the ball ... | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Geno just dropped the ball ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

cabbie191

Jonathan Husky on a date with Holi
Reaction Score
There is equally a rush to condemn them to be overrated. See the KLS can't hit the ocean thread. Last year it was Nurse. Before that it was Chong... Banks... Steph...

True enough - but that's after they've started their careers. I was only referring to our expectations prior to their ever stepping foot on the court!

Reaction Score
I was reprimanded for this post by your moderator on another thread. Let's move on. I did not bash him on this thread.

When a poster said UCONN's recruits were better than Gillespie, you asked "says who". The simple answer is the various ratings services. There is nothing wrong with you stating your opinion but to ignore the opinion of the scouts who rate players for a living shows you enjoy dueling with an empty revolver. Dangerous!

Reaction Score
When a poster said UCONN's recruits were better than Gillespie, you asked "says who". The simple answer is the various ratings services. There is nothing wrong with you stating your opinion but to ignore the opinion of the scouts who rate players for a living shows you enjoy dueling with an empty revolver. Dangerous!

I consider myself an evaluator, and just because these outfits have a rating service has not bearing on my personal thoughts. Let's keep it real. Most rating services are politically motivated. I respect the evaluators, but don't have to agree with their opinions.

Reaction Score
I consider myself an evaluator, and just because these outfits have a rating service has not bearing on my personal thoughts. Let's keep it real. Most rating services are politically motivated. I respect the evaluators, but don't have to agree with their opinions.

Then don't get upset when no one agrees with your opinion!

Reaction Score
Also thought Geno somewhat dropped the kitty on not offering Myesha Hines Allen of Louisville, who's a stud!

Reaction Score
Do you consider yourself a better evaluator than the coach with the most titles?

Reaction Score
kiah gillespie just scored 16 points and had 8 reb in her 1st game

No surprise. She's going to be a great collegiate player. A player who should be in a Husky uniform. Geno elected to pass on her, which was a big mistake.

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
Gosh, just in the last dozen years there's a huge list of recruits I'll never forgive that ball-dropper for messing up on missing on including Angel McCoughtry, Courtney Paris, Kristi Tolliver, Chante Black, Kia Vaughn, Epiphany Prince, Jayne Appel, Kelsey Griffith, Courtney Vandersloot, Jantel Lavender, Kayla Pedersen, Jasmine Thomas, Nneka Ogwumike, Glory Johnson, Natalie Novosel, Devereaux Peters, Skylar Diggens, Brittney Griner, Chiney Owumike, Kayla McBride, Odyssey Sims, Chelsea Gray, Shonni Schimmel, Maggie Lucas, Lauren Mincy, Jewell Loyd, Malina Howard, Diamond DeShields, Mercedes Russell, Taya Reimer, Rebecca Greenwell, Brianna Tuurner, A'ja Wilson, Kelsie Mitchell, Jatarie White, Asia Durr, Arike Ogunbowale, and Jessica Shepard, to name just a few.

Can you imagine how many NCs that ball-and-kitty dropper would have won if he hadn't so messed up and could have gotten that group of players on the court together? But we'll all just have to dream on about what could have been. Some may forgive him and CD, but I'll always hold a grudge.

Reaction Score
Do you consider yourself a better evaluator than the coach with the most titles?

Nope not at all. However, I do have a great eye for talent and consider myself one of the top evaluators in the Country.

Reaction Score
Gosh, just in the last dozen years there's a huge list of recruits I'll never forgive that ball-dropper for messing up on missing on including Angel McCoughtry, Courtney Paris, Kristi Tolliver, Chante Black, Kia Vaughn, Epiphany Prince, Jayne Appel, Kelsey Griffith, Courtney Vandersloot, Jantel Lavender, Kayla Pedersen, Jasmine Thomas, Nneka Ogwumike, Glory Johnson, Natalie Novosel, Devereaux Peters, Skylar Diggens, Brittney Griner, Chiney Owumike, Kayla McBride, Odyssey Sims, Chelsea Gray, Shonni Schimmel, Maggie Lucas, Lauren Mincy, Jewell Loyd, Malina Howard, Diamond DeShields, Mercedes Russell, Taya Reimer, Rebecca Greenwell, Brianna Tuurner, A'ja Wilson, Kelsie Mitchell, Jatarie White, Asia Durr, Arike Ogunbowale, and Jessica Shepard, to name just a few.

Can you imagine how many NCs that ball-and-kitty dropper would have won if he hadn't so messed up and could have gotten that group of players on the court together? But we'll all just have to dream on about what could have been. Some may forgive him and CD, but I'll always hold a grudge.

My point is Geno should have never let this kid (Gillespie) get out of the State of Conn. Still scratching my head on that blunder.

Reaction Score
My point is Geno should have never let this kid (Gillespie) get out of the State of Conn. Still scratching my head on that blunder.
I hope you don't lose all your hair scratching your head over how clairvoyant you are compared to Geno.

Reaction Score
Met and talked with Geno many, many times. He knows me and I know him. He knows that I am a very opinionated person. He respects my opinions and I respect him greatly as a basketball coach and a person.

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
kiah gillespie just scored 16 points and had 8 reb in her 1st game
That's really impressive. UMass-Lowell was rated #267 in the country last year, and even lost to a team like Binghamton that was at #324 of 349. MD was facing a juggernaut there for their players to overcome.

Such are the criteria for great players that hoop dreams are evaluated on. And such are the evaluations that makes some say that the dreamers should just keep trolling for fish on.

Reaction Score
Sorry but Geno doesn't build a team the way you think all coaches should. That's why he is so successful while the "evaluators" have never won anything. Geno can't take every great player. He only has so many roster spots, and typically likes to keep his team around 10 or 11 players.

Reaction Score
That's really impressive. UMass-Lowell was rated #267 in the country last year, and even lost to a team like Binghamton that was at #324 of 349. MD was facing a juggernaut there for their players to overcome.

Such are the criteria for great players that hoop dreams are evaluated on. And such are the evaluations that makes some say that the dreamers should just keep trolling for fish on.

Another double standard being applied. When Uconn has their exhibition game, were people not raving about Gabby Williams performance? We can't rave about Gillespie?

Reaction Score
Another double standard being applied. When Uconn has their exhibition game, were people not raving about Gabby Williams performance? We can't rave about Gillespie?
Gabby also has one season of college ball under her belt after having not played much basketball for a couple of years due to her injuries.

Adesmar123

Can you say UConn? I knew you could!
Reaction Score
Nope not at all. However, I do have a great eye for talent and consider myself one of the top evaluators in the Country.

Lets keep it real. Did you really say that and then write this?

Reaction Score
So are you saying there should be no debating? I brought up KG, because she resides in the State of Connecticut. But you guys feel Geno is the perfect basketball God. That's great! Happy for you. People like Tony C and others bleed Uconn to a point to where only Uconn should field a great team. If you don't wind up a Uconn, then you guys throw championships in players faces, which is find and dandy. Let's be fair and impartial

You got us all off the tracks when- I think-- you wrote that Geno dropped the ball. If she wanted to play for her home state school, was willing to play any role given and a perfect fit for the team's players and needs but was turned away, then you have legitimate questions that I could support. Arguing that she is a better player then so-and-so will not get us far. Indeed, she may- for all we know- be the steal of the class, does that mean that Uconn or some other school are not as good as they would be with her. Does it make sense to look at Ohio S and say we should have recruited the hell out of Kelsey Mitchell because she can drop 30pts on anyone? That KLS was the #1 player in her class is now irrelevant. How the Program uses and develop her is the real deal now. Do you have any information saying that she (like a lot of other young people) just want to GO AWAY to college, and luckily for MD they were close and have a good program. Baboo, count your blessings and be happy. You/MD probably didn't pull a fast one on Us. Whic is what people are reading you as saying.

Adesmar123

Can you say UConn? I knew you could!
Reaction Score
Baboo, count your blessings and be happy. You/MD probably didn't pull a fast one on Us. Whic is what people are reading you as saying.

Baboo The Evaluator....I like the sound of that. Maybe he should change his screen name?

Reaction Score

You are likely the only person in the country who would consider you to be an evaluator. And it's clear your evaluations have nothing to do with putting together a championship team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RollSkis

Top Bottom