Game thread | Page 18 | The Boneyard

Game thread

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
What 2 great teams with great coaches are supposed to do

A guy walking it out with me said the XL hadn't been that loud in 3 years

Like the Palestra in the early 60s- no surprise given the coaches
Bags, I'm envious of you and the packed house at the XL center. It must have been one hell of a game to watch in person.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Which story? That UConn outscored ND by 17 in the 4th quarter?

Well, if you look at quarter by quarter score, it definitely does tell the story.

I just meant that you wouldn't know from the 9-point margin of victory that UConn didn't take the lead for good until around 4 minutes left.

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
I may DVR replay that fourth kwatter a few times. A few times yet tonight. Amazing finish. Agree with all the posts about Z and Megatron. Muffet must be wondering what her team needs to do to get a W against the Huskies. ND just slapped our kids around (not literally, well not mostly) for three kwatters, then in the fourth, it was just as so many times before. Geno magic and Husky hustle. Wowzers.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Well, I look forward to watching that second half. Yes, I invoked Rocky's curse and shut it off and helped in the kitchen. Only reason we won. I'm convinced. Only those years of Superstitions Anonymous meetings up in smoke. Gotta give ND a lot of credit. They circled the wagons and nearly got her done. Coaches have plenty of fodder.

Reaction Score
I fully expect a few more of these this season..............judging from the many panicked comments, some folks here should seriously consider tuning up their pacemakers..............:D.

Reaction Score
Bags, I'm envious of you and the packed house at the XL center. It must have been one hell of a game to watch in person.
Great crowds at great games is inspiring--but I had the best seat in the house--Really big screen 4k TV, watch ESPN on RoKu, all but touching each player. No seat at the XL compares. I'm no longer in to noise, crowded spaces, and at times difficult people (that rarely happens in Va). I knew Geno knew he would win this game--how? No TELL--the finger across his lips , didn't pass his lips today.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Well, if you look at quarter by quarter score, it definitely does tell the story.

I just meant that you wouldn't know from the 9-point margin of victory that UConn didn't take the lead for good until around 4 minutes left.

I'll be looking forward to round 2. You gotta be proud of your girls. " From this day to the ending of the world, But we in it shall be rememberèd- We few, we happy few, we band of brothers; For he to-day that sheds his blood with me. Shall be my brother; be he ne'er so vile, This day shall gentle his condition;" comes to mind for that crew Orang.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
As we came down the stretch in the 4th qtr, I couldn't help but think about how the Huskies didn't execute in the 4th qtr vs MS St last season. In this game, Z, Danger, Kia, Pheesa & MW all played with ice water in their veins during the 4th qtr. One win like this is more important than 100 - 20 pt blowouts.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
I may DVR replay that fourth kwatter a few times. A few times yet tonight. Amazing finish. Agree with all the posts about Z and Megatron. Muffet must be wondering what her team needs to do to get a W against the Huskies. ND just slapped our kids around (not literally, well not mostly) for three kwatters, then in the fourth, it was just as so many times before. Geno magic and Husky hustle. Wowzers.

Well, having Ms. Turner or Vaughn might've helped...Z and Collier are just too quick for Shep, Koko Nelson and Kat Westbeld. But, that's not happening this year. My thought might be to give frosh Danielle Patterson some time in upcoming games so she can at least give those two some rest during the ACC battles.

A couple of hundred posts ago this afternoon, I wrote to an anguished UConn fan that it was a game of runs and, of course, UConn was going to make one. I was hoping it wouldn't last the whole fourth quarter though. :eek:

Overall, liked what I saw from the Irish for three quarters. Mabrey and Arike simply will not back down....proud of their efforts. Great game. Look forward to the next one.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Final final box score is not up yet, but UConn may have actually outrebounded ND. I would be very curious to see a quarter by quarter rebounding tally.

Reaction Score
I didn't think there were many fouls on either team in the 4th quarter. When ND started fouling I think they had only 1 foul in the quarter to UConn's zero. Not sure why the officiating is even considered a factor in this game.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Why give more oxygen to that toxic guy? I would suggest leaving his trash on twitter.

Nah, it's okay to point out his silliness. If anything, people can see him for what he is.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Final final box score is not up yet, but UConn may have actually outrebounded ND. I would be very curious to see a quarter by quarter rebounding tally.

I posted the espn box in a separate thread.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
The second Katie Lou left the game and they announced that Stevens had 4 fouls (whichever came first, I think it was pretty close in game time) and INSTEAD of attacking Stevens, Notre Dame started hoisting threes.. I knew the game was over for them... and they were still up by 10 or more at this point. You do not beat UConn with that kind of discipline.

Reaction Score

Best game ive been to live in along time.
I did go to the 100 overtime game uconn vs Syracuse 2009. That was solid. Also 2006 BET Gerry M last second three to beat Cincinnati and then uconn next game.

Reaction Score
I paced around watching this game. Vacuumed the house. Then took a shower at halftime into 3rd quarter. had a drink. As the fourth quarter started, had another drink and it turned celebratory! Special thanks to the crowd. Awesome support. Team may have issues but a satisfying win. May need another celebratory drink! :confused:;)

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Great crowds at great games is inspiring--but I had the best seat in the house--Really big screen 4k TV, watch ESPN on RoKu, all but touching each player. No seat at the XL compares. I'm no longer in to noise, crowded spaces, and at times difficult people (that rarely happens in Va). I knew Geno knew he would win this game--how? No TELL--the finger across his lips , didn't pass his lips today.
Same here with the 4k big screen TV, just waiting for the Networks and DirecTV to start broadcasting in 4k tho even though the current upscaling is nice.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kemba123#

Top Bottom