Game thread | Page 23 | The Boneyard

Game thread

Reaction Score
I've watched two UConn games this year (UCLA and ND) and every time Walker has been on court she's been doing good things. Geno surely knows best, but I think she needs more PT.

Whose minutes you drop? Not arguing. You see Z needs minutes, right? You see she needs minutes with the pg, right? Who is our backup pg? It's Nurse. She needs minutes as pg too, right? Plus she also needs to work with Z and Danger. You've seen Collier off a bit. SO you saw what she was capable of last year, you think it best not to play as much? And Lou hasn't played a lot of games. So where are the minuets coming from?

BTW - those have been her 2 best games. One game he had Andra come in first.

Reaction Score
Whose minutes you drop? Not arguing. You see Z needs minutes, right? You see she needs minutes with the pg, right? Who is our backup pg? It's Nurse. She needs minutes as pg too, right? Plus she also needs to work with Z and Danger. You've seen Collier off a bit. SO you saw what she was capable of last year, you think it best not to play as much? And Lou hasn't played a lot of games. So where are the minuets coming from?.
You're making an excellent argument for returning women's basketball to 6 players at a time; 3 on the forecourt and 3 on the backcourt.

Reaction Score
I went to the game and the crowd was large and loud!
I read this whole 23 page post starting at 12:15am and UCONN fans on the BONEYARD should be ashamed of themselves!
Why didn't you just slit your wrists and bleed out and avoid the pity party! What a bunch of front-runners a lot of you are!
It's great when our girls are winning by 40 but if they play lousy or the other team is kicking their butts we're jumping ship!
Boy are we terrible, Geno sucks, It's Geno's fault KLS got hurt again, No guts on this team, so & so stinks, It's over, we can't make a comeback............................
A game is 40 minutes long at least watch the WHOLE freaking game before you say things you'll regret later!
It was a great game and both teams went at it tooth and nail, giving no quarter until UCONN finally dug deep and reverted to their usual style of play to pull out a 9 point win!
I wasn't thrilled at the way UCONN played and remember I predicted a 26 point win, in my mind I gave them the benefit of the doubt and waited and see how it turns out!
I'm proud of our girls for reaching deep and pulling out a tough W! It'll really help down the road!

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
You're making an excellent argument for returning women's basketball to 6 players at a time; 3 on the forecourt and 3 on the backcourt.

My mother played 3 and 3 just prior to the World War Two. On the defensive end...something she passed onto her son. ;):)

Reaction Score
UConn only played 7 players. They have a lot more than that that just sat on the bench. It wasn't like they played 9 or 10 players. Notre Dame played 7 players, also. Patterson played only one minute.

Reaction Score
Well, having Ms. Turner or Vaughn might've helped...Z and Collier are just too quick for Shep, Koko Nelson and Kat Westbeld. But, that's not happening this year. My thought might be to give frosh Danielle Patterson some time in upcoming games so she can at least give those two some rest during the ACC battles.

A couple of hundred posts ago this afternoon, I wrote to an anguished UConn fan that it was a game of runs and, of course, UConn was going to make one. I was hoping it wouldn't last the whole fourth quarter though. :eek:

Overall, liked what I saw from the Irish for three quarters. Mabrey and Arike simply will not back down....proud of their efforts. Great game. Look forward to the next one.
I thought the same about Turner- but that's life in Basketball land. Considering how easily Z and Phee got by Westbeld in particular, why that wasn't exploited earlier- oh well, it was when important. I look forward to watching ND this year- talented, entertaining group of players

Reaction Score

I really enjoyed NC mixing it up with MM just as uconn is making there run. That was awesome. MM was so frustrated.
yes! MM has killed us at times, so I hated her in a respectful way. But that hissy fit with Phee was immature and unacceptable- that behavior wouldn't be tolerated by Geno/CD- what am I saying? Geno/CD wouldn't recruit a player who acts like that in public. MM, let your play speak for you, not a tantrum.

Reaction Score
Rebecca was wrong and as I said in another thread she owes Gabby an apology. Rebecca assumed she knew what was going on. She should have said "we'll have to wait until after the game to hear what happened with Gabby,"
I totally agree! Shame on anyone who has watched Gabby for 4 years and not known that there was something going on, and not the usual Geno teaching a lesson. You could see the pain in her eyes.

Reaction Score
I have to say that I'm really impressed with the development of Mabrey & Shepard. Along with Ogunbowle, Young & Thompson, they make ND a very dangerous team.
Yes, I see that Mabrey has progressed her whining and complaining to officials to a whole new level....

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Yes, I see that Mabrey has progressed her whining and complaining to officials to a whole new level....
Whining aside, Mabrey played very well last night, particularly running the point when Thompson was not on the court.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
I thought the same about Turner- but that's life in Basketball land. Considering how easily Z and Phee got by Westbeld in particular, why that wasn't exploited earlier- oh well, it was when important. I look forward to watching ND this year- talented, entertaining group of players

I don't think Z was in for as prolonged a stay until Gabby was taken out and KLS was injured.
Kat was giving up a lot of height to Z but -- more importantly -- the quickness. (Kat is still coming back from the ankle surgery...it's been a tough haul.)

ND can play a fun brand of ball to watch when it's clicking. Mabrey was bombing away (as Mabreys do) and was directing the half-court well and their bigs can and will pass to each other.
And Arike, when she's driving to the basket, is almost like the Tasmanian Devil from cartoons with her intensity. (Yes, she does spin out of control on occasion, but hey, it balances out ;) )

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I've watched two UConn games this year (UCLA and ND) and every time Walker has been on court she's been doing good things. Geno surely knows best, but I think she needs more PT.

The AAC conference schedule approacheth. But, seriously, while it unfortunate that Gabby's head ache and Lou's ankle provided the opportunity, as Kia said post-game, Meghan's rebounds down the stretch "were huge" and it's not like Geno wasn't watching.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom