Formula 1 | The Boneyard

Formula 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Anyone else here follow F1? Used to be on Speed now NBC sports network is carrying it. Not too popular here in the states but everywhere else these guys are super stars.

Reaction Score
I didn't know NBC started watching what you feed your infant?

Anyway I haven't had to worry about what Formula for a while as my only child is now 17...........

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I got into it for awhile but kind of lost interest when it left ESPN2. Some passing would be nice.

Reaction Score
I try and catch a race every once in a while. I'd still rather race or autocross my own car than watch someone else race.

Reaction Score
Anyone else here follow F1? Used to be on Speed now NBC sports network is carrying it. Not too popular here in the states but everywhere else these guys are super stars.

I do. If you have never been to a race in person then I highly suggest it. The sounds and the cars are incredible, it's like art and NASA all rolled into one. I went to USGP in Indy four times and Hockenheim in Germany was only an hour from my house. Amazing.

I just wish that the new USGP was not in the fall.

Reaction Score
There is plenty of passing nowadays. Way more exciting than NASCAR where they throw out a safety car when a hot dog wrapper blows into the track.

Ahhh yes. The "debris" caution. There was a time when NASCAR wasn't so ridiculous. Dale Earnhardt and Jeff Gordon used to almost lap the rest of the field. It used to be legit.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
The New Jersey F1 track hasn't been making much progress either. But I agree Texas should be in the spring, right before the spring break.

Reaction Score
Bahrain Grand Prix is coming on right now on NBC Sports. It's a tape delay since they showed the race live this am.

American Alexander Rossi scored a spot on the podium in the GP2 race there this weekend, he's also a test driver for the Caterham F1 team.

If Caterham has any brains, Rossi will be in a race seat for Austin this year. Their regular drivers aren't that great.

The US and F1 need two races in America in a bad way. With a race in Canada and South America that would give us 4 races in our time zones. Add in a race in Mexico and they would be golden.

CTBasketball

Reaction Score
Bahrain Grand Prix is coming on right now on NBC Sports. It's a tape delay since they showed the race live this am.

American Alexander Rossi scored a spot on the podium in the GP2 race there this weekend, he's also a test driver for the Caterham F1 team.

If Caterham has any brains, Rossi will be in a race seat for Austin this year. Their regular drivers aren't that great.

The US and F1 need two races in America in a bad way. With a race in Canada and South America that would give us 4 races in our time zones. Add in a race in Mexico and they would be golden.

You can't really blame Caterham. Their cars are so horrendous its almost laughable.

There was an article about F1 going to Lime Rock Park, but it was an April Fool's Joke and I got really depressed because that would probably be the best thing ever to happen to American auto-sport.

Reaction Score
You can't really blame Caterham. Their cars are so horrendous its almost laughable.

There was an article about F1 going to Lime Rock Park, but it was an April Fool's Joke and I got really depressed because that would probably be the best thing ever to happen to American auto-sport.

They would need to pour at least 50 mil into Lime Rock.

Do you have a link? I love that place, it's why I am into Motorsport.

CTBasketball

Reaction Score
They would need to pour at least 50 mil into Lime Rock.

Do you have a link? I love that place, it's why I am into Motorsport.

https://www.google.com/webhp?source....r_qf.&bvm=bv.45512109,d.dmQ&biw=1366&bih=643 LINK

If they developed the always mentioned mountain course (the one that goes past Big Bend and thru the nearby mountains and comes out around the Esses) it could be done. That would add about 1.5 miles to the course. Plus the garage area, stands, the F1-lure, and other updates would make it uneconomical. But it would bring in a huge amount of revenue.

Reaction Score
Originally New Jersey was slated for this year irrc. Oh well hopefully it's ready for 2014. I haven't watched much GP2 it's too sloppy for my liking but I hope Rossi gets a shot and F1. Even less likely but I hope he gets a better drive than caterham.

This year might be the most competitive in awhile, looks like a handful of drivers have a chance at the championship. Slight edge to Vettel still obviously.

CTBasketball

Reaction Score
My predictions:

1. Vettel
2. Raikkonen
3. Alonso

CTBasketball

Reaction Score
if Kimi gets in a red bull next year, watch out Vettel.

He might. Webber is pretty much gone after he can't ever win, and he doesn't have team support. They always seem to go with whoever is winning more (Vettel!). But I would like to see Kimi in a Red Bull.

Reaction Score
Yea it would be cool to see Kimi in a red bull and Vettel in anything else. Just to see how good of a driver Vettel really is.

Mclaren looks awful this year, Perez was the wrong driver for that spot. Force India looks like the 5th best team after Red bull, Lotus, Ferrari, Merc. At times this year Sutil has been the fastest driver on track. Look for him to get a podium sometime soon. I hate these 3 week breaks in between races, totally kills momentum.

Reaction Score
He might. Webber is pretty much gone after he can't ever win, and he doesn't have team support. They always seem to go with whoever is winning more (Vettel!). But I would like to see Kimi in a Red Bull.

Yea it would be cool to see Kimi in a red bull and Vettel in anything else. Just to see how good of a driver Vettel really is.

Mclaren looks awful this year, Perez was the wrong driver for that spot. Force India looks like the 5th best team after Red bull, Lotus, Ferrari, Merc. At times this year Sutil has been the fastest driver on track. Look for him to get a podium sometime soon. I hate these 3 week breaks in between races, totally kills momentum.

Not so sure.

Vettel will get preferential treatment, he'll get Kimi's setups when he needs them, but Kimi would never get his.

Watching Vettel and Webber is like watching Barrichello and Schumi all over again.

Reaction Score
Vettel won a race in a Toro Rosso. He is plenty good, and there is no one better about driver for one lap at this point. The first couple of laps last week was great, tons of excitement but then SV just went out and left everyone behind.

Having a kid made my wife give me a two hour limit to sports, so know I only really watch college basketball, F1, and Soccer. Kinda miss the Mets, but glad I can ignore the Jets.

Reaction Score
I HATE 3 week lay offs between races. Its so unbalanced this year.

Reaction Score
Vettel won a race in a Toro Rosso. He is plenty good, and there is no one better about driver for one lap at this point. The first couple of laps last week was great, tons of excitement but then SV just went out and left everyone behind.

Having a kid made my wife give me a two hour limit to sports, so know I only really watch college basketball, F1, and Soccer. Kinda miss the Mets, but glad I can ignore the Jets.

One thing I love about F1 is that the races are over in 90 minutes. I don't know how NASCAR fans can sit in front of the TV for 5 hours at a clip.

Reaction Score
Not a fan of the Scudderia, but this will be their year and Alonso is sooooo good.

Where I live I now get the BBC announcers, and I kinda miss Matchett and Hobbs.

Reaction Score

F1 at Lime Rock would be nice, but there's a much of that happening as NASCAR running 'UConn Husky 500' Sprint Cup race at Stafford. (Of course, NASCAR did run 2 races at Thompson!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom