For those Huskies (and everybody else in NE) | The Boneyard

For those Huskies (and everybody else in NE)

Status
Not open for further replies.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Looks like a BIG one. Predictions are now up to 15 to 30 inches before its all over.

Looks like early dismissals for schools in western CT and no school on Tuesday or Wednesday.

At least temps will be cold enough to keep the snow light and fluffy. But its still going to be a pain.

Probably need to make a stop at the package store tomorrow morning to get some more bourbon! Gotta stay warm.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
thanks for the thoughts. I just got home and saw the new forecast, we went from 12-24 to now up to 3-4 feet in some places with high winds and 2-4 inches an hour at times. Batten down the hatches.

Reaction Score
I
thanks for the thoughts. I just got home and saw the new forecast, we went from 12-24 to now up to 3-4 feet in some places with high winds and 2-4 inches an hour at times. Batten down the hatches.

have not seen 3-4 feet. Where are you?

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
I

have not seen 3-4 feet. Where are you?
I think when I heard that they were talking about drifting snow. Still, 36" possible in North central CT.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
FYI - schools in Fairfield county are already announcing early dimssals for tomorrow.

One weather service has thre snow starting around 8 AM. Hang on - its going to be a wild ride!

Reaction Score
The forecast is for 24" to 36" in both North Jersey and NYC proper. And that is before the 30 MPH to 60 MPH moves the stuff all over the place. That is a serious amount for the Big Apple. If that forecast holds true, the city will be shut down Tuesday, except for the bars :) Schools in my town already announced early dismissal. I told my boss I will be in the office (downtown NYC) in the morning; but, I am bailing before it gets heavy on either the 1:50 or the 4:20 train out. I am supposed to be at a client meeting outside of Philadelphia early Wednesday morning. Hoping NJ makes it easy for me and closes the Turnpike until some time Wednesday.

Be safe everyone.

My kids are so wound-up.

Reaction Score
FYI - schools in Fairfield county are already announcing early dimssals for tomorrow.

One weather service has thre snow starting around 8 AM. Hang on - its going to be a wild ride!

I'm a teacher in SCC territory. Just got the early dismissal text/call for tomorrow.

Reaction Score
Projecting 18-24" in New Haven, thankfully had time to stop at the package store to get some rolling rocks!

Reaction Score
Made it into the City this morning with no problem; thought, its damn cold out with the wind along the water. Just started to snow at 08:30. Supposed to stay light until dinner time. nevertheless, going to keep an eye on it and plan to bail for the next train when it looks like it is picking up. Can't leave the wife home alone with both kids, the dog, and 20+ of snow on the ground and expect to live. I just happened to have a business trip to Hollywood Beach FL for last winter's 20+ inch snow event. Did not go over so well.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Thank goodness they're not projecting "Buffalo bad" here. 3 feet is bad enough. I don't want 6-7 feet!

Reaction Score
I teach first and second graders who have been outplaced for severe ADHD and other behavior disorders. Coming in for an early dismissal day today was....useless. Already called off tomorrow. I'd be shocked if we had school Wednesday.

dayooper

It's what I do. I drink and I know things.
Reaction Score
I teach first and second graders who have been outplaced for severe ADHD and other behavior disorders. Coming in for an early dismissal day today was....useless. Already called off tomorrow. I'd be shocked if we had school Wednesday.

Yup, only getting hours in. If it's as big as they say, you may be out all week.

Reaction Score
Yup, only getting hours in. If it's as big as they say, you may be out all week.
I won't mind even one little bit as long as I keep power. Made it this far into winter with only one other snowday.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I'm not sure how we'll survive being trapped in our homes watching Netflix, but we'll manage.

Reaction Score
I still remember 1978
I lived next door to my Dad,
There was a drift against his garage door from
Just below the peak to the middle of the road.
It took us hours to shovel that out.
Although he was in his sixties he was like a machine. ,
Trying to keep up with him was all I could do.
I think little AZHuskie was out there with a small shovel helping.
Later the three of us took a slede and walked to town to get groceries.
Ella Grasso had closed the roads for all but emergency vehicles.
Really as bad as it was , I smile every time I think of a that blizzard
For some strange reason.
That was the storm of the 20th century.
Now your could have two that top that within a few year period.
Use the downtime from work to create memories your children will never forget.

Reaction Score
If you are snowed in at home watching TV, I recommend you watch "Groundhog Day". It is almost Groundhog Day (Februrary 2), and the movie involves being trapped by a blizzard.

Reaction Score
We have had blizzard warnings in Florida today....

A sunshine blizzard today and tomorrow. The beams have been crashing down from a merciless blue sky. Sunglasses and maximum skin protection are being recommended if you must go outside.

Reaction Score

A sunshine blizzard today and tomorrow. The beams have been crashing down from a merciless blue sky. Sunglasses and maximum skin protection are being recommended if you must go outside.

Boo. Watch out for the flying bulls sharks.

Does anyone have a better life than Jimmy Buffet? Some question his musical talent, but he leaves no room for doubt with his life choices.

Reaction Score
That's okay. The bugs will be sharing Billybug's bed soon and by August the excuse will be I go from my air conditioned house to air conditioned car to air conditioned "work". At least I enjoyed the refreshing clean air this afternoon, though my back is killing me.

Reaction Score

The sun was bright in North Jersey by about 1 PM today quickly melting the 3" of snow of the 20" to 30" predicted away. Still have snow leftover from last weekend's storm, which reflects the sun enough that sun block is also recommended here on one's face. The rest should be fully covered as was only 20 F today.

Reaction Score

I guess you are just waiting for the next tornado to hit your trailer park.

Reaction Score
I now flee Florida and spend summers on the mountain....

Tallahassee is great in fall, winter and spring...and would give hell competition from late May through early September.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom