For those Huskies (and everybody else in NE) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

For those Huskies (and everybody else in NE)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I now flee Florida and spend summers on the mountain....

Tallahassee is great in fall, winter and spring...and would give hell competition from late May through early September.

Who do you spend summers with in the mountains?:p

Reaction Score
I guess you are just waiting for the next tornado to hit your trailer park.

LOL...so witty.

But I have weathered 90 mile an hour hurricane winds on my 35 foot sailboat....it was an experience that I'd rather not again experience. My wife is a real trooper. Green water crashing over the bow, nothing the eye can see but water as high as the spreaders (on a 50 foot mast), and my wife crying but holding the boat steady while I inch up and secure the storm jib.

But here in Trailerhassee, we don't have hurricanes (they go east or hit on the Gulf to the west of us) and have no large tornado's. The tornado alley sweeps east of us up through Alabama to Tennessee.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
LOL...so witty.

But I have weathered 90 mile an hour hurricane winds on my 35 foot sailboat....it was an experience that I'd rather not again experience. My wife is a real trooper. Green water crashing over the bow, nothing the eye can see but water as high as the spreaders (on a 50 foot mast), and my wife crying but holding the boat steady while I inch up and secure the storm jib.

Why? It's not like hurricanes sneak up on you.

Linky

or maybe just A different linky

Or you could go old school
th

Reaction Score
I was delivering my boat back to our home marina in Panama City from it's pre season maintenance schedule. I had it hauled in Clearwater (bottom painting, some standing rigging replacement, thru hulls, etc). Clearwater is a marine hub and the work was $1000's less expensive.

The trip by my sailboat across the Gulf usually takes 36-42 hours depending on wind.

A no name superstorm built up out of nowhere and was later labeled the 1993 Storm of the Century. There was under reporting...I expected brisk winds but not what I encountered...in fact when I was 10 hours out, I got my first small craft warning from weather radio. The early warning systems then were not as developed as afterward. We depended mainly on the radio.

If you are interested in this almost instant storm...(built up and hit the gulf in two days)...link below.

http://www.srh.noaa.gov/tbw/?n=93storm

Last edited:

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I was delivering my boat back to our home marina in Panama City from it's pre season maintenance schedule. I had it hauled in Clearwater (bottom painting, some standing rigging replacement, thru hulls, etc). Clearwater is a marine hub and the work was $1000's less expensive.

The trip by my sailboat across the Gulf usually takes 36-42 hours depending on wind.

A no name superstorm built up out of nowhere and was later labeled the 1993 Storm of the Century. There was under reporting...I expected brisk winds but not what I encountered...in fact when I was 10 hours out, I got my first small craft warning from weather radio. The early warning systems then were not as developed as afterward. We depended mainly on the radio.

If you are interested in this almost instant storm...(built up and hit the gulf in two days)...link below.

http://www.srh.noaa.gov/tbw/?n=93storm
No way to beat it into port, I guess. Man that had to be a a pretty dicey ride. How big is your boat?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom