Flight Scheduled from CT to Muncie for this afternoon | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Flight Scheduled from CT to Muncie for this afternoon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bill Sussman

My Name isn't really Bill
Reaction Score
Plane was headed back to its home base in Kansas after Muncie.

Greensboro, NC --> Groton, CT --> Muncie --> Kansas is what was scheduled

Reaction Score
Plane was headed back to its home base in Kansas after Muncie.

Greensboro, NC --> Groton, CT --> Muncie --> Kansas is what was scheduled

Yup... Don't ruin the fun.

WM is being airdropped as the make a low pass.

Reaction Score
False argument. The argument is what is so persuasive about Lembo in relation to TJ Weist. There is zero that can be offered up to say Lembo is a better choice. His O.K. record in schools down the ladder is not an indicator of success, and in fact in stiff post season competition he folds. So, how is it that TJ who has done remarkable things to improve a train wreck midstream and who has coached under some of the best is decidedly less attractive than Lembo. I really don't get it. In fact its just nuts. As mystified as you are, I am equally mystified on the other side.

I'm with BD here. They both could be great, they both could fail, or one could be strikingly better than the other. We just don't know. But there is not a factual argument that Lembo >>>>>>> Weist. I don't think it is a crazy opinion to think that Lembo might be better, and he might be. But I can't go crazy if it comes down to TJW v. Lembo and TJW wins.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Posted this in the other giant coaching search thread, but this is as good a place as any...

I don't know anything about Lembo. At all. But it seems like his great track record of winning is at small schools. That's my concern. Hasn't won at a higher level. Hasn't had to convince higher tier recruits to play for him. But hey I've been wrong plenty in life I'd get behind whoever is named and convince myself they are the best coach on earth.

Reaction Score
This would be a big fail on the sleeves test. We need to know if he keeps those chemical hand-warmers in his pocket:

940x.jpg

RedSoloCup

2 golf tournaments...
Reaction Score
Gotta keep your sense of humor through all of this...
I started letting twitter distract me today… It's out of my control and professionals are working on it.

I'm still a grad, will still attend games, and still want our guys to graduate and be good members of society.

Reaction Score
False argument. The argument is what is so persuasive about Lembo in relation to TJ Weist. There is zero that can be offered up to say Lembo is a better choice. His O.K. record in schools down the ladder is not an indicator of success, and in fact in stiff post season competition he folds. So, how is it that TJ who has done remarkable things to improve a train wreck midstream and who has coached under some of the best is decidedly less attractive than Lembo. I really don't get it. In fact its just nuts. As mystified as you are, I am equally mystified on the other side.

Is it me or do you just come around when something negative happens so you can revel in it? I don't remember seeing many posts from you during the 3 game win streak.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
Please don't tell me the extent of our 'national' coach search will begin and end with Narduzzi, Lembo and T.J. Weist. Is this a joke?

If we want anyone in any of the Power 5 conferences to take us seriously as a future member, this won't get it done. Nothing against any of these guys, but nobody is going to notice us if we make this kind of hire.

Reaction Score
Please don't tell me the extent of our 'national' coach search will begin and end with Narduzzi, Lembo and T.J. Weist. Is this a joke?

If we want anyone in any of the Power 5 conferences to take us seriously as a future member, this won't get it done. Nothing against any of these guys, but nobody is going to notice us if we make this kind of hire.
I believe they interviewed Diaco from ND or at least are interested in him. I think he's the next in line, annd with WM coming from Michigan IMO I think he wants a big 5 coach or coordinator. For me going to a Lembo or Ambrose or the guy who went to Wake, is the same as hiring Wiest

Reaction Score
I really wanted Weist to succeed and get the job.
But I don't think he did enough to earn it. He needed a win against someone in the the middle of the schedule not named South Fla. Face it wins over three teams that had mailed it in isn't' quite enough.

Reaction Score

You do realize that the many of the B1G's current coaches came out of the MAC, many were hired directly out of the MAC.

If we hire a MAC coach we are in fact acting like a B1G school.

B1G schools with MAC coaches:

Michigan
Michigan State
Illinois
Purdue
Ohio State
Minnesota

Notre Dame has a MAC coach

Last edited:

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
I like Lembo a lot. Ball State is very entertaining to watch.

IMO, Weist isn't getting the job because if we took a swing at Narduzzi and missed, he needs to hire someone outside the program to save face.

Good point. I have zero faith in the Rock Star. But that's me

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
The fact that people are seriously contemplating hiring TJ, at this critical point in time, is absolutely insane.

Aim higher, people.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
If your standard for a good hire is someone who is a proven winner as a head coach at programs bigger than the MAC...

Reaction Score

Oh, we're waiting for your list with great anticipation . . .

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
Guess that plane really was going to Indiana. Except it was to see Bob Diaco. Great hire by Warde!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Howler

Top Bottom