Favorites to win the 2015 title | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Favorites to win the 2015 title

Status
Not open for further replies.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
They still have Mabrey, Loyd who is one of the best players in the country, and Reimer should get better from her freshman to sophomore season. Not to mention who they're bringing in. They will still be one of the best teams next year.
I like Lindsay Allen too, although she did have a rough game vs UConn. She seems to have some great potential.

Reaction Score
Us. Kia's starting to figure it out. She will be able to replace Stef's defense and rebounding. She shoulld be able to score 10 a game. If Morgan can play there is no one close to us.
Kia's only going to get better, particularly on the offensive side but she won't be able to do some of the things that Stef did because Stef was one of a kind. I'm a big Kia fan and with her continuing to get better and Morgan coming back, completely healthy along with KML being in game shape from Day 1 and Breanna getting stronger and even better along with Moriah continuing to improve I think we'll have the ability to compensate for losing Ms. Dolson. I know we'll have appreciably more depth and though we won't be quite as dominant inside, we might actually be better on the perimeter.

Geno-ista

Embracing the New Look!!!
Reaction Score
I like Lindsay Allen too, although she did have a rough game vs UConn. She seems to have some great potential.
And Reymer(?spelling?) Turner and Westbeld are fantastic recruits. Without Steph - it could be a little rougher in the paint for Stewie! ND is loaded with young talent also!

Geno-ista

Embracing the New Look!!!
Reaction Score
Kia's only going to get better, particularly on the offensive side but she won't be able to do some of the things that Stef did because Stef was one of a kind. I'm a big Kia fan and with her continuing to get better and Morgan coming back, completely healthy along with KML being in game shape from Day 1 and Breanna getting stronger and even better along with Moriah continuing to improve I think we'll have the ability to compensate for losing Ms. Dolson. I know we'll have appreciably more depth and though we won't be quite as dominant inside, we might actually be better on the perimeter.
How Morgan's knee responds is huge. Is hers a little more iffy than the norm? Much of Morgan's effectiveness was her ability to take and beat people off the dribble. And she does everything else well! And Kiah's developing of an outside jump shot that would help change our universe, is not a sure thing at this point. What allowed us to dominate & conquer this year, like prior dominant years, is having 5 real scoring threats on the court. Not people that can just pick up some rebounds/ garbage points. I'm looking forward to it. If Mo Jeff can become a huge 3 pt threat in one year, Kiah can develop something from 12-15!

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Fun to re-read these now. Thanks for reviving the thread.

Biggest surprise to me is that Kiah did not look to be more of a scoring threat this year. She has played great, just not a scorer.

Pleasantest thing has been Morgan being healthy - she was always going to be great if she could play.

Chong after struggling is really contributing a lot now spelling the backcourt.

And Williams and Nurse really stepped up as freshman. Lost one freshman to transfer and another to injury slowed development, but Kia and Gabby by themselves provided much more than I expected from the four coming in as a group.

And the team really clicked!

PS - I miss East Texas Trash - enjoyed his perspective!

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Fun to re-read these now. Thanks for reviving the thread.

Biggest surprise to me is that Kiah did not look to be more of a scoring threat this year. She has played great, just not a scorer.

Pleasantest thing has been Morgan being healthy - she was always going to be great if she could play.

Chong after struggling is really contributing a lot now spelling the backcourt.

And Williams and Nurse really stepped up as freshman. Lost one freshman to transfer and another to injury slowed development, but Kia and Gabby by themselves provided much more than I expected from the four coming in as a group.

And the team really clicked!

PS - I miss East Texas Trash - enjoyed his perspective!
I miss ETT also! Definitely fun to look back and see what everyone was thinking. I was not posting here at the time but I would have been dead wrong as it relates to the contribution of the Freshmen. I would have predicted Courtney to be the starter at SG and have the biggest impact. Nurse 3pt shooting, on ball defense and the ability to push tempo are the other biggest factors besides Morgan's health. Hoping Morgan gets All-american status this year. Regional Most Outstanding player might clinch a spot for her.

Reaction Score
I miss ETT also! Definitely fun to look back and see what everyone was thinking. I was not posting here at the time but I would have been dead wrong as it relates to the contribution of the Freshmen. I would have predicted Courtney to be the starter at SG and have the biggest impact. Nurse 3pt shooting, on ball defense and the ability to push tempo are the other biggest factors besides Morgan's health. Hoping Morgan gets All-american status this year. Regional Most Outstanding player might clinch a spot for her.
The 3pt shooting of Nurse and Mo Jet has been stunning. Given all their other weapons, the Huskies can't lose with Nurse and Mo Jet shooting the way they are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom