Favorites to win the 2015 title | The Boneyard

Favorites to win the 2015 title

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Now that Wilson has chosen South Carolina, what order would you put the favorites in to win the title in 2015?

DavidinNaples

11 is way better than 2..!! :)
Reaction Score
usa basketball.jpg

UConn has Stewie. The rest don't. UConn has KML, they don't. UConn has MoJeff, they don't.
Stokes, Tuck, Banks, more talent, better coaches, 4 great freshman.... Favorites? UConn....:)
Go Huskies..!!

Last edited:
Reaction Score
UConn has Stewie. The rest don't. UConn has KML, they don't. UConn has MoJeff, they don't.
Stokes, Tuck, Banks, more talent, better coaches, 4 great freshman.... Favorites? UConn....:)
Go Huskies..!!
Yep and we have the most tournament seasoned team, not to mention the most title game seasoned team. Oh yeah, we have Geno and no one else does, and as Stef said in the post-title game press conference: "he's pretty good."

Reaction Score
Us. Kia's starting to figure it out. She will be able to replace Stef's defense and rebounding. She shoulld be able to score 10 a game. If Morgan can play there is no one close to us.

Reaction Score
There was a comment in another thread where Ogwumike and McBride at the draft alluded to how tough it was to score inside against UConn. That ain't going away with Stewart, Stokes and Tuck.

Reaction Score
I see five tiers:
T1 = UConn
T2 = ND
T3 = UNC
T4 = SC, TN (slight edge to SC)
T5 = everyone else

Biggest gap is between T1 and T2.

I would pretty surprised if Geno doesn't win #10 (3 out of 5 best players in WCBB, plus best 6th man, plus best defensive center). I would be very surprised if someone other than Geno or Muffet wins it all. I would be absolutely stunned if anyone outside UConn, ND, UNC and SC won it all. Even though I forecast SC as only slightly better than TN, they are young and have more upside, so I include them in the list of four that have some sort of chance.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
UConn, followed by UNC, USC, ND and Lady Vols. Notre Dame will surprise many like they did this year, although I wouldn't expect them to only have one loss. With their talent and coaching they just might win the ACC even though UNC is more talented.

Reaction Score
Us. Kia's starting to figure it out. She will be able to replace Stef's defense and rebounding. She shoulld be able to score 10 a game. If Morgan can play there is no one close to us.
Up until now it hasn't been too confusing to misspell Kiah's name. With Kia's imminent arrival, that is about to change.

Reaction Score
UConn, followed by UNC, USC, ND and Lady Vols. Notre Dame will surprise many like they did this year, although I wouldn't expect them to only have one loss. With their talent and coaching they just might win the ACC even though UNC is more talented.
My exact list Wbbfan 1; followed by Baylor, Stanford, Texas A&M, Kentucky and Duke

Reaction Score
We are Tourney tested. It was a big factor this yr. and will be a big factor
again next yr. We will have the talent also. Go Huskies!!

Reaction Score
If from 2002-2004 uconn won 3 titles with no player over 6'3 (Jessica Moore) I dont think this group has a problem winning it all in 2015

Reaction Score
1. UConn
2. Notre Dame
3. North Carolina
4. South Carolina
5. Tennessee

As long as ND has a competent roster I have a hard time not putting them 2nd. I lost some respect for McGraw personally this year but there's no denying her coaching ability. UConn and ND are at another level as programs right now, the intensity these programs play with cannot simply be overcome by talent. Just look at how easily ND beat Maryland without Natalie and than consider that Maryland team eaisly beat Tennessee. It takes coaching and a culture of excellence. Do UNC and USC have that? Not sure. I will give UNC credit because they did have some impressive moments this year. They beat USC 2 times and if that Stanford game was on a neutral court they may have won. USC has really shown me nothing. They can win a lot of games in the mediocre SEC. They were very unimpressive when I watched them and the coaching of Staley showed a lot to be desired especially at the end of the UNC game.

Jewell Loyd is enough for me to rank ND #2. UNC the only one I'd consider ranking #2. For someone like Charlie Creme to argue that USC could be argued over KML/Stewart/Geno combo is laughable but not surprising coming from him. He was a big USC cheerleader this season. Didn't pan out that well.

Reaction Score
For someone like Charlie Creme to argue that USC could be argued over KML/Stewart/Geno combo is laughable.
ASweet, I agree with every word of your post but especially enjoyed and concru with this part.

One of the things that frustrates me about WCBB is the shoddy analysis from so-called experts. You would never see something that ridiculous from an ESPN MCBB analyst.

Reaction Score
Wow, everybody sticking with ND even though losing McBride, Achonwa and Braker.

Reaction Score
Now that Wilson has chosen South Carolina, what order would you put the favorites in to win the title in 2015?
Uconn preseason #1 - foul trouble and post depth (See this year), are what stands in our way.
ND Returns 3 solid bigs, and adds Westbeld and Turner (who should be an instant force). They return a PG who started as a freshman, the most athletic wing in the country, and 2 very good outside shooters. They will be very good
SC has lots of size and strength up front. Does Dawn hand the keys to the car over to a freshman PG from NY?
NC not a lot of post depth, needs freshman to come back and have better shot selection, needs to out run teams, and must shoot MUCH better outside. Lots of raw talent.
TN They have lots of size up front, and they maybe a better team if Graves is the go to player now that Simmons is gone.
Duke Can PG return from torn ACL. As usual lots of depth and a great incoming class, but they have a mental hurdle to get over.
Repeat title game with maybe SC or NC crashing the party.

Reaction Score
View attachment 5788

Go Huskies..!!
Three first team All Americans (Stewie, KML, MoJeff), Stewie or KML: POY, Stokes: defensive POY, Tuck 2nd team AA. Its already done for 2014/2015.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
1. UCONN - it's UCONN and as long as Stewart is playing the edge goes to you every game.
2. USC - great class coming in to go with an already very good team. Staley is doing some big things there.
3. UNC - was a young team that completed well for a FF appearance this season. I expect the freshmen to take a major jump next season and they will have the talent to complete with anyone.
4. ND - losing two top WNBA draft picks is going to be tough to recover from. They will be good but I don't think they will be better than 4th.

That is the end of my list. I think it is a four team race.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
This thread should have been favorites to go to the Final 4 in 2015

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
This thread should have been favorites to go to the Final 4 in 2015

I am not as convinced that UCONN is a sure thing as I was this past season, although still the favorite. Losing Hartley and Dolson is major and the adjustment period may be harder than many think. I think the most interesting aspect will be how losing Dolson on offense affects Stewart's offense since she will be the only true big that is a consistent scoring threat.

CamrnCrz1974

Good Guy for a Dookie
Reaction Score

When Peters and Novosel graduated, people cooled on Notre Dame. The team went back to the Final Four.

When Diggins graduated, people cooled on Notre Dame. The team went back to the Final Four.

I think people (including me) do not want to make the same mistake a third time. ND will take a step back from its undefeated regular season run, but the team will be between #5 and #8, in my opinion, as Reimer and Turner give the team a very talented (albeit young) frontcourt.

Reaction Score
There was an article I just read that has as the top 3: UConn, North Carolina and South Carolina.

Reaction Score
They still have Mabrey, Loyd who is one of the best players in the country, and Reimer should get better from her freshman to sophomore season. Not to mention who they're bringing in. They will still be one of the best teams next year.

Geno-ista

Embracing the New Look!!!
Reaction Score
Morgan's health is a real key to us really having a real edge next year on the competition. If Kiah can't develop an 8-15' jump shot, no one will ever guard her and the middle will be clogged. She has to develop more this summer offensively.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom