Favorite play of the season? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Favorite play of the season?

Reaction Score
vs. Illinois--Clingan block, rebound and eventual shot putting UConn up by more than 10.

Reaction Score
Uconn Huskies Wow GIF by NCAA March Madness

That play gave us this gif. Priceless. Btw, met her in PHX. She’s wacky and a huge fan.
The shot where Karaban was hanging on the rim.

Reaction Score
When we were up like 30 on Xavier and Clingan hit his first 3. I'm surprised Xavier didn't quit on the spot.

The Clingan block then dunk against Illinois was up there as well.

Reaction Score
Castles reverse dunk against the Illini was the most jaw dropping IMO

What about this Castle dunk? 2 Seton Hall guys with lingerie on the deck and then Castle dunked. Plus it was the only time I saw Castle smile all season.

Reaction Score
Can’t remember which game but there was a play against either Illinois or Bama where Cam hit Castle on a nice back door who subsequently shuffled to Cling for the dunk. Both passes were beautiful and the announcers were floored with the unselfishness.

If we’re doing just in the natty it’s the back to back alley oops or Tristen’s too small gesture to Edey.
This is it for me. The two highlight passes in a row by Spencer and Castle followed by the Clingan dunk

Reaction Score
I'm too old to recall, so I lean on others. Last year I felt it was AJ's steal, behind the back dunk. I'm struggling this year, mainly because we were so deliberate and methodical, but I know some damn good plays exists.

What was your favorite play this season?
I posted this question a few weeks ago. Mine was solid dunk. I believe mist picked Tristan’s pass for the triple double.

Reaction Score
I'm too old to recall, so I lean on others. Last year I felt it was AJ's steal, behind the back dunk. I'm struggling this year, mainly because we were so deliberate and methodical, but I know some damn good plays exists.

What was your favorite play this season?
I forget who it was against (Marquette @XL?) but it was the one where Clingan got the ball near the FT line, took 2 huge steps and then flushed it with 2 hands, then pointed at the camera afterwards.

Honorable mention to Samson for his dunk 1 game where it looks like he stepped from the 3-pt line (and he obviously took 3 steps. LOL).

Reaction Score
I also really enjoyed in the Illinois game the play where Cam had the ball at the top of the key with like 3 seconds on the shot clock, signaled to Clingan, then fired a pass to Clingan on the block for a give and go lay-up as the shot clock expired. That was emblematic of the trust and calm that these guys played with. We were in complete control of the game.

Reaction Score
I think my favorite is Clingan’s three pointer against Providence. We were running them out of their home gym, pretty sure he had a few dunks before, then launches a three to kill them

Others in no order -
Solo Ball swatting a shot into the third row - one of the buy games

Samson majorly blowing a defensive play but then getting a crazy chase down block and dunk on the other end - Stonehill maybe?

Clingan eating Guerrier alive on a block and then dunking on Terrence Shannon - elite 8 30-0 run

Newton circus layup over Edey and then hitting him with the “too small”

Stewart monster block into a Castle 3 pointer - forget who it was against but it was a home conference game and the crowd went insane

Reaction Score
This is easy. I saw them run my favorite play at the end of most games this year. It's called "Andrew Hurley dribbles out the game clock". Man, I love that play!
I was thinking the same thing. Closely followed by Andrew hitting threes against Northern Arizona and Xavier

Reaction Score
The Clingan block/dunk sequence during the 30-0 run vs. Illinois.
This was my favorite as well.

The other was more a combo play but I'll list it as Stewart's third three against Marquette. Sealed the BE tournament and if our eighth guy is going to just do that to win the BE tournament that was when I felt this team was near unstoppable.

Reaction Score
One play that stands out in my head was when Cam got a rebound and called timeout before falling out of bounds to essentially seal a game earlier in the big east season. Maybe Butler?
It was Carolina he did that I believe. Think he a 3 right after the timeout and closed the door.

Reaction Score
Karaban hitting the three to give Newton the triple double.

Last year, 100% the Calcaterra fast break 3 against Georgetown

Reaction Score
I loved Samson’s dunk in transition against Illinois. On the break Newton hits Diarra who quickly slipped in Samson with a great pass. Then Samson slammed it about as hard as he possibly could, and got up crazy high.

Reaction Score
How about this one? Best stretch of plays by one player this year? Mine is samsons back to back alley oops vs edey.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
Cam’s transition 3 against Marquette right before the tech. In retrospect, that’s when we shifted into top gear for the rest of the season.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robrio89

Top Bottom