Favorite play of the season? | The Boneyard

Favorite play of the season?

Reaction Score
I'm too old to recall, so I lean on others. Last year I felt it was AJ's steal, behind the back dunk. I'm struggling this year, mainly because we were so deliberate and methodical, but I know some damn good plays exists.

What was your favorite play this season?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I'm having a hard time identifying a favorite, but one recent one comes to mind, during our 30-0 run against Illinois, when Newton fired a nearly no-look pass to a streaking Karaban perfectly at the rim, who caught it and dunked while getting fouled. This was the play that produced the meme shot of our fan in the Boston crowd.

My favorite genre of play was any time Spencer snaked his way into the lane and faked out multiple guys with about 10-20 inches of vertical leap on him and laid it in.

Reaction Score
Too many to choose from, but this one from NC game is up there:

Two consecutive lobs/dunks from Tristen and Slamson are crushing blows to Edey. He displayed a utterly confused look? Like "who are these guys? or where these guys coming from"...lol

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
I'm too old to recall, so I lean on others. Last year I felt it was AJ's steal, behind the back dunk. I'm struggling this year, mainly because we were so deliberate and methodical, but I know some damn good plays exists.

What was your favorite play this season?

Last year mine were the baseball pass from Karaban to Jackson to Clingan alley-oop. And the Jackson backwards pass between the legs to Joey C.

This year (bc they’re more recent) the Big Don sequence against Illinois and the Castle reverse dunk against Illinois.

There’s too many backbreaking transition threes made to mention

Reaction Score
The slam by Castle and simultaneously hitting the backboard in triumph was sweet.

I never saw that before and was hoping it wasn’t a technical

Reaction Score
Can’t remember which game but there was a play against either Illinois or Bama where Cam hit Castle on a nice back door who subsequently shuffled to Cling for the dunk. Both passes were beautiful and the announcers were floored with the unselfishness.

If we’re doing just in the natty it’s the back to back alley oops or Tristen’s too small gesture to Edey.

Reaction Score
If I remember correctly Castle had a nasty 180 alley-oop slam that got my attention.

Can't remember the game though. Somebody help me out?

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
The Tyler Kolek outstretched arm layup that Cam (who is able to read) made over Zach was one of my favorite plays in the final. Never thought Cam had a chance to score on that play.

The side shot that Tristen made over Zach. Again never thought it had a chance.

The dunks by Samson. Deflation dunks.

dingaling

“There’s no better feeling than winning.” K.Powers
Reaction Score
One play that stands out in my head was when Cam got a rebound and called timeout before falling out of bounds to essentially seal a game earlier in the big east season. Maybe Butler?

Reaction Score
I'm having a hard time identifying a favorite, but one recent one comes to mind, during our 30-0 run against Illinois, when Newton fired a nearly no-look pass to a streaking Karaban perfectly at the rim, who caught it and dunked while getting fouled. This was the play that produced the meme shot of our fan in the Boston crowd.

My favorite genre of play was any time Spencer snaked his way into the lane and faked out multiple guys with about 10-20 inches of vertical leap on him and laid it in.
The Tristen no look to Karaban was awesome as was Donovan's block and dunk sequence. The 30-0 run was unlike anything I've ever seen and I don't expect to ever see it again. Clingan's game against Illinois was the most dominant performance I've ever seen from a Husky and it came right off of his game against Northwestern which was ridiculously dominant.

I can't decide on favorite or most exciting play of the season but Cam was the most exciting player for me.

Reaction Score
There's so many but during the epic 30-0 run, Illinois though they were finally going to get some relief when Cling took a breather and then Slamson had this epic rejection:

The Ilini were broken after this.

Reaction Score
Agreed, DCs games against NW and ILL were the 2 most dominant performances I've ever seen from Uconn in the tourney.

Reaction Score

Uconn Huskies Wow GIF by NCAA March Madness

That play gave us this gif. Priceless. Btw, met her in PHX. She’s wacky and a huge fan.

Reaction Score
Can’t remember which game but there was a play against either Illinois or Bama where Cam hit Castle on a nice back door who subsequently shuffled to Cling for the dunk. Both passes were beautiful and the announcers were floored with the unselfishness.

If we’re doing just in the natty it’s the back to back alley oops or Tristen’s too small gesture to Edey.
vs. San Diego St, 8:35 mark

Reaction Score
one of my favs was Slamsons ridiculous travel for a dunk where he took like 5 steps.

But really the best is impossible to say. One nobody has mentioned was Diarra’s wide open 3 from the corner where he took a dribble like a free throw. Was that the elite 8?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robrio89

Top Bottom