Fan-Made, Freelance UConn Football Uniforms (By Me) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Fan-Made, Freelance UConn Football Uniforms (By Me)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Red and gray are included as a secondary colors in the UConn color guidelines. (along with light blue only used for the husky's eyes). With last year's redesign red trim is now consistently applied to every sport. We may not see red or gray football jerseys in the future, but either of those is probably more likely than seeing say, a black jersey with blue/red trim.

Ok, I will clarify, no all Red uniforms with little or no Blue. I have no issue with Red trim.

31GuardTrap

Bringing back the basics
Reaction Score
The blues and whites are interchangeable, which is huge with the players these days. I am pretty sure the captains (with input from their temamates) pick the look for the week's game. The grey one is really cool and would have been a good look vs Army with their alternate jersey. The bigger face look is more appealing than the awful one they have now. Number on side of helmet and the UCONN lettering on pants and back of helmet is where they need to go in order to get that "brand" out there.

Reaction Score
Tampahusky said:
I like everything but the UConn on the pants.. Just too much, great job on helmets

Aside from the two-tone, the helmets are exactly how I think they should look. The Husky eyes look soooo much better larger and spread more across the entire crown of the helmet/top of the face mask.

Single tone blue helmet with the Husky face on the front and simple numbers on the side looks excellent.

Reaction Score
The main purpose behind these designs was that I can recall a lot of fans griping about the rebrand, particularly with how it impacted the football uniforms, and that to a lot of people it seemed like an obvious merchandising money grab. My thing was, if they're gonna go through the effort of rebranding, then they (Nike) might as well go "all out" with the uniform designs and even color schemes. I don't know if the athletic department deliberately wanted modest uniforms, or if they just gave UConn a half-ass design, but they seem to have no problem shelling out more innovative and imaginative designs for other Nike schools like Oregon (of course), West Virginia, Missouri and just about any other Nike school you can think of. Obviously, these designs are all interchangeable, so home jerseys can always go with gray or white pants and etc. This program really can't afford to be boring in terms of national brand (which was the point) so they would have to be willing to elaborate on their look, particularly on the football field. So if the clean, block C look is gone, at least uniforms like these help enhance and utilize the look their going for. Their current uniforms are just "okay", yet seem to be just as out of touch as their play on the football field compared to other teams/programs.

Reaction Score
Looks cool - can you upload a larger image? I can't quite see what's going on with the helmet.

I'd be curious to see what a football uniform would look like with something like this year's MBB side paneling (echoing the Khalid-era uni)... if you have the time for that!

Yeah, I deliberately designed the side panel on the pants as a nod to the classic men's basketball uniforms. Same idea with the hook C on the pants as a nod to the baseball program, but that idea was last second, and a little more expendable. To try and get the side panel on the jerseys, I'd have to draw up a separate side view from scratch, and I don't think I'm totally capable of pulling that off.

Reaction Score
I really like what you did. Great job. I'll give you a pass on the red unis because the others are so good. Just don't ever let those red ones see the light of day! Like the helmets. And I didn't even notice the baseball C until others pointed it out. I'd go with the block C on the pant instead.
Great job!

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
We picked the wrong time to go bland and sukkazz at same time. Yeah, implement these asap

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
I appreciate the work you put into these, but I think the helmets are actually worse than the ones we have now, and for me, that's saying something. I'm still going to try to sell the heck out of these helmets below, even though I'm not 100% sure who originally made these. If I recall correctly, it was a choice between these helmets and the "Call of the Wild" helmets, and we chose poorly...

upload_2014-12-3_20-34-11.jpeg

Reaction Score
I appreciate the work you put into these, but I think the helmets are actually worse than the ones we have now, and for me, that's saying something. I'm still going to try to sell the heck out of these helmets below, even though I'm not 100% sure who originally made these. If I recall correctly, it was a choice between these helmets and the "Call of the Wild" helmets, and we chose poorly...

View attachment 7768

I believe that was designed by the same person who did "Call of the Wild." The University & Nike just decided to go with the "Call of the Wild" design instead.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
You're missing the B1G conference patch, otherwise nice work. I like the 2-tone helmet design. I'd scrap the baseball C in favor of block C.

Reaction Score
Some other combos:

uconnconcept_homegray.png
uconnconcept_homewhite.png

Reaction Score
sub legacy said:
Some other combos:

Blue helmet/blue jersey/white pants w/ blue and red bands on both sides (no UConn down the side) / swap baseball "C" with Husky head and you have a winner in my book.

Reaction Score
These are great. I love the red. Shiny chrome helmets would be nice also...

Let's just wait until we're competitive to roll them out!!!

Reaction Score
UPDATED 12/21:

• Added shoulder pattern to resemble a husky coat (inspired by Oregon)
  • Replaced hook C on pants with husky logo
  • Refined the two-tone helmets and number placement on helmets. Added a little more detail to all helmets.
  • Dropped the red/white trim on the player name patches.
  • Created 3 different versions with ACC, American and B1G conference patches. (Didn't bother with BIG XII patches, unless requested).
I just happen to like how the ACC patches look:

uconnconcept_ACCdupshoulderhome.png
uconnconcept_ACCdupshoulderaway.png

Reaction Score
GREAT!

I really love the red ones.

We need a uniform that looks less boring and makes a statement.

Reaction Score
I know it is no longer important to the marketing gurus at Nike, but just for fun let's remember that UConn's colors are national flag blue and white. Not grey. Nor black. And for heavens sake not friggin' red. And lose the dopey call of the wild face on the helmets. I'm begging you.

Reaction Score
someone inside the football program (a player or coach) can't say who- told me that the football team will be changing their helmets, I just don't know the time frame, could be for the '15 season.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
someone inside the football program (a player or coach) can't say who- told me that the football team will be changing their helmets, I just don't know the time frame, could be for the '15 season.

Sprague, you have made my friggin' day!

Talk about getting what I wanted for Christmas! And I'm not just saying that because we both lived in the greatest dorm at UConn... ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom