Fan-Made, Freelance UConn Football Uniforms (By Me) | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Fan-Made, Freelance UConn Football Uniforms (By Me)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Sprague03 said:
someone inside the football program (a player or coach) can't say who- told me that the football team will be changing their helmets, I just don't know the time frame, could be for the '15 season.

You mean my blue gamer is about to become a collector's item? Sweeeeeet.

Reaction Score
Sprague, you have made my friggin' day!

Talk about getting what I wanted for Christmas! And I'm not just saying that because we both lived in the greatest dorm at UConn... ;)
yup, right after this person said, I probably shouldn't be telling you this...

Reaction Score
Those concepts are okay but no need to have the UCONN word mark on 3 parts of the Uni especially the helmet. Also would be cool to add a throwback or retro style uniform as that seems to be the style now.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
FartMan69 said:
Those concepts are okay but no need to have the UCONN word mark on 3 parts of the Uni especially the helmet. Also would be cool to add a throwback or retro style uniform as that seems to be the style now.

Where we are, I wouldn't be opposed to mounting a 3-D projector inside the helmet to cast a floating UCONN logo ahead of the player carrying the ball.

But taste wise, I prefer the wordmark on the pants. It's unique.

Reaction Score
yup, right after this person said, I probably shouldn't be telling you this...

untitled.png

Reaction Score
someone inside the football program (a player or coach) can't say who- told me that the football team will be changing their helmets, I just don't know the time frame, could be for the '15 season.

Goes without saying how bad they need it. Even if they don't change the unis, those helmets are much in need of a redo.

Reaction Score
I know it is no longer important to the marketing gurus at Nike, but just for fun let's remember that UConn's colors are national flag blue and white. Not grey. Nor black. And for heavens sake not friggin' red. And lose the dopey call of the wild face on the helmets. I'm begging you.

Those may be the UConn colors but we need to start thinking outside the box as far as attracting kids to the program. Oregon did it with catchy uniforms and a large capital infusion by Phil Knight to build some of the best facilities. The first step for us would be the flashy uniforms, heck everyone now a days has them. These uniforms are awesome especially if we mix and match, lets say red tops with grey pants etc. Then we should focus on building bigger and more competitive facilities and we could be back on track nationally and hopefully in a P5.

Reaction Score
Guess I'm in the minority but I like the 2-tone helmet for the White unis. Also like the greys. Some nice touces on the striping as well. Would save the large UCONN logo for the grey pants only. Like the grey alts.

RioDog

Block C Bozo
Reaction Score
Thank Christ.

Reaction Score
Those may be the UConn colors but we need to start thinking outside the box as far as attracting kids to the program. Oregon did it with catchy uniforms and a large capital infusion by Phil Knight to build some of the best facilities. The first step for us would be the flashy uniforms, heck everyone now a days has them. These uniforms are awesome especially if we mix and match, lets say red tops with grey pants etc. Then we should focus on building bigger and more competitive facilities and we could be back on track nationally and hopefully in a P5.
Lol...yeah that's why Oregon was successful. It had nothing to do with a series of above average coaches. You guys are precious. I have a great idea. Red uniforms chrome helmets and change our name to Rutgers.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Lol...yeah that's why Oregon was successful. It had nothing to do with a series of above average coaches. You guys are precious. I have a great idea. Red uniforms chrome helmets and change our name to Rutgers.
Wait would we be in the B1G then? Ah, crap still no...

Reaction Score
Yeah. It says we wish we were Houston.

I could understand if I made purple, orange or green uniforms, but red and gray have been secondary colors for decades. It surprises me how many people either didn't notice that or completely ignored it. The red trim on the basketball jerseys, gray striping on the football unis in the 2000's. Even the current gray alts for the men's basketball team. It's not like I pulled red out of thin air. Nothing wrong with getting creative with the color scheme (as long as it remains in the color scheme). I think Rutgers, Arizona, Oklahoma, Maryland and Houston might find it in their hearts to understand they're probably not going to be the only teams in the country with red uniforms. UConn ain't Michigan, so the reality is, they don't have a traditionalist, iconic, "nostalgia-factor" look to hang onto that people recognize all over the country. In order to compete with national powers (aside from obviously winning) is branding, uniforms and facilities (a la, the Oregon route).

Reaction Score
You have no idea how recruiting works now a days do you? Kids are attracted to flashy and shiny things so while our current uniforms are solid, they could use some variations to attract better prospects.

You must also not be able to read because I mentioned a capital infusion into the program. Oregon had that so they were able to go out and hire good coaches and keep them. Not saying Diaco isn't good because it is too early to tell, but to be successful you need to be able to keep your assistants as well.

Freescooter you are one of the classic UConn fans that probably thinks the rent is a good place to play compared to an on campus stadium as well as Burton being a top 25 facility. Wake up!

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
I know it is no longer important to the marketing gurus at Nike, but just for fun let's remember that UConn's colors are national flag blue and white. Not grey. Nor black. And for heavens sake not friggin' red. And lose the dopey call of the wild face on the helmets. I'm begging you.
Do us all a favor, and take another look at all the UConn unis across sports. Every single one has a thin red trim on the numbers - every. single. one.

Look at the link I posted on page one. Red and grey are in the official designation as secondary colors. Yeah yeah, it wasn't official in 1940 whatever. Blue and White are used for non-athletic stationary, websites, etc. As of 2013, Blue/White/Red and sometimes gray are used for athletics - all athletics.

Get.
Used.
To.
It.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Do us all a favor, and take another look at all the UConn unis across sports. Every single one has a thin red trim on the numbers - every. single. one.

Look at the link I posted on page one. Red and grey are in the official designation as secondary colors. Yeah yeah, it wasn't official in 1940 whatever. Blue and White are used for non-athletic stationary, websites, etc. As of 2013, Blue/White/Red and sometimes gray are used for athletics - all athletics.

Get.
Used.
To.
It.
Facts won't sway him.

CL82

Reaction Score
UPDATED 12/21:

• Added shoulder pattern to resemble a husky coat (inspired by Oregon)
  • Replaced hook C on pants with husky logo
  • Refined the two-tone helmets and number placement on helmets. Added a little more detail to all helmets.
  • Dropped the red/white trim on the player name patches.
  • Created 3 different versions with ACC, American and B1G conference patches. (Didn't bother with BIG XII patches, unless requested).
I just happen to like how the ACC patches look:

View attachment 7934 View attachment 7935
Have to say I really like these. If you are going to do the Husky eyes helmet, this is the way to do it. The nod to the current (and classic)basketball unis is a great touch that meets the goal of visual consistency across all sports. I don't know what you do in the real world but Nike ought to hire you. Nice job.

CL82

Reaction Score

Get.
Used.
To.
It.
Agree generally Junglehusky but I believe that red and gray are accents not alternatives.

Reaction Score
Have to say I really like these. If you are going to do the Husky eyes helmet, this is the way to do it. The nod to the current (and classic)basketball unis is a great touch that meets the goal of visual consistency across all sports. I don't know what you do in the real world but Nike ought to hire you. Nice job.

I wish, but thanks man. Maybe one of these days. I actually just submitted an application to the School of Fine Arts Digital Media & Design program @ UConn. That'll be a start in that direction (assuming I get accepted).

Reaction Score
If they use the right shade of red on the unis, they would look sharp as he'll on TV but almost pink in person.

I like the UConn on the pants. It makes them really pop.

I definitely think we need at least three full uniforms. Home/away/alternate. With the mix and match.

Most fan made uniforms look really cheesy but these look really sharp! Good job.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom