Everyone see full women's schedule? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Everyone see full women's schedule?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
You really need to switch conferences. that schedule really makes it clear. Only 2-3 potentially interesting games.

Here we go again with the weak conference, and UConn needs to join a more competitive conference remarks. OK Gate 81, help us out. Tell us how to do it. I want chapter and verse.

USFMB

Full of the Bulls
Reaction Score
Probably have to play South Florida twice in ten days again at the end of the season. They could threaten the top-10 this year.

USF is participating in the preseason WNIT. We could face Baylor in the semi-finals. If so, that will be a good early season test to see where we stand. A win over them followed by a WNIT championship, might propel us somewhere around 15 in the rankings.

In addition to bringing back all of our starters, we are very excited to have added G Kitija Laksa from Latvia, who the owner of Blue Star said that she reminded him of a young Sue Bird. She might be the missing piece to get us to the next level in WBB.

Nuyoika

Destroyer of Baked Goods
Reaction Score
really need to switch conferences. that schedule really makes it clear. Only 2-3 potentially interesting games.
Since when did it ever matter what conference we were in? We have been crushing opponents by an average of double digits for over a decade.... regardless of the conference. I wish people would stop pretending like we are new to this.

Reaction Score
Since when did it ever matter what conference we were in? We have been crushing opponents by an average of double digits for over a decade.... regardless of the conference. I wish people would stop pretending like we are new to this.
Wait, I thought UConn only wins championships because they play in the AAC? Or am I wrong about that? I mean, thinking back to last year, how many times did we hear "just wait 'til they play South Carolina" or "wait 'til they get a more experienced ND team later in the season" and look what happened. Even the TV announcers during the South Carolina game said UConn was treating them like a typical AAC opponent, which they did.

Fightin Choke

Golden Dome Fan
Reaction Score
Wait, I thought UConn only wins championships because they play in the AAC? Or am I wrong about that? I mean, thinking back to last year, how many times did we hear "just wait 'til they play South Carolina" or "wait 'til they get a more experienced ND team later in the season" and look what happened. Even the TV announcers during the South Carolina game said UConn was treating them like a typical AAC opponent, which they did.

Really? Where did you see that? While many people said that UConn's level of competition is far lower in the AAC than in the old BE or in the present day ACC or SEC, I can't recall anyone stating that UConn couldn't win a NC because they now resided in the AAC*. As for the people that said, 'Wait until they play South Carolina', I'm sure those were all Gamecock fans. And UConn DID have trouble when they played ND later in the season. They certainly won but it was far more competitive than the December meeting in South Bend.

*It's true that many non-UConn fans suggested that the Huskies would have trouble recruiting following the dissolution of the old BE, but recent history illustrates that this hasn't been a concern. Now some people are saying (hoping) that UConn falls back to the pack following Geno's retirement.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Really? Where did you see that? While many people said that UConn's level of competition is far lower in the AAC than in the old BE or in the present day ACC or SEC, I can't recall anyone stating that UConn couldn't win a NC because they now resided in the AAC*. As for the people that said, 'Wait until they play South Carolina', I'm sure those were all Gamecock fans. And UConn DID have trouble when they played ND later in the season. They certainly won but it was far more competitive than the December meeting in South Bend.

*It's true that many non-UConn fans suggested that the Huskies would have trouble recruiting following the dissolution of the old BE, but recent history illustrates that this hasn't been a concern. Now some people are saying (hoping) that UConn falls back to the pack following Geno's retirement.

I don't know that anyone specifically said that UConn decidedly couldn't win a NC because of playing in the AAC (no one would be that dumb), but there were certainly some who questioned whether the weak competition would hurt their preparation. ESPN announcer Beth Mowins was not bashful about raising that issue, and I'm sure research would produce others who raised the same question. I'm sure Carolyn Peck included that issue in her always insightful analysis. It certainly has been talked about on message boards. Now that it's proven not to hurt its preparation, there's been some suggestion that UConn playing in the AAC is an advantage because the players are more rested than those who play in the tougher conferences. Just goes to show, it's always somethin'.

FairView

Mad Man
Reaction Score
I'm extremely disappointed there is no Thanksgiving tourney. I was fortunate to attend my first last year, and we agreed to make it a new family tradition. In addition to enjoying being a UConn fan on the road, I got to have dinner with the likes of Meyers7, Danny, Dave and VAUConn. Dave's generosity is still discussed in our home. We made a week of it and really enjoyed the total experience. Maybe next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom