Evans | The Boneyard

Evans

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

Huskieforlife

Maybe am being to harsh but he blows. Am glad he got he got a chance but he can't play. Like I've said before Allen should get a chance. He can lead us from the bench.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Actually his defense was decent. His offense was limited. OC was decent on offense and invisible on defense. Not much coming on defense from anyone. RJE was about the best and that's not saying anything this game.

Reaction Score
Maybe am being to harsh but he blows. Am glad he got he got a chance but he can't play. Like I've said before Allen should get a chance. He can lead us from the bench.

I'd love to see you in action. This kid is giving us everything he has and you have nothing better to do than criticize him. I've said this before, with fans like you we need no enemies.

Reaction Score
That 3 he took that went behind the backboard tonight...WTF

H

Huskieforlife

I'd love to see you in action. This kid is giving us everything he has and you have nothing better to do than criticize him. I've said this before, with fans like you we need no enemies.
yea but i was not givin a scholership to play at UConn. and because i critizes a player does not mean i do not root for him or the team.

Reaction Score
listen Evans is beyond mediocre but you really don't want allen getting any major minutes that's a bad look

Reaction Score
yea but i was not givin a scholership to play at UConn. and because i critizes a player does not mean i do not root for him or the team.

Glad to hear that. You and I probably have a different dedinition of rooting for him.

Reaction Score
Exactly, I give him more crap than anybody on here but I got so excited when he hit that backdoor lay up tonight.

Inyatkin

Stairway to Seven
Reaction Score
Coach had him in for the last play tonight. Has to mean something

Reaction Score
I don't get it, a few bad games and we turn on a guy. Personally, I don't think he's been doing too bad, plus I love his veteran leadership, he's been probably more of a help than most people realize.

I love his effort, but this isn't just a few bad games. His offensive game has been non-existent in the BE and his defense has been solid, but nothing special. I'm not sure if Allen would be any better and I really loved what Evans brought to the table early in the year, but it's been blatantly obvious why he wasn't playing in a major conference before this season.

Inyatkin

Stairway to Seven
Reaction Score
A year ago against us he had 15 of Holy Cross's 40 total points. Need to watch a rerun of that one.

Reaction Score
That 3 tonight wasn't tipped from my viewpoint(at the arena)

He needs to never take a long shot no matter how open he is. He kind of reminds me of Jeff Adrien from the end of some blowout a couple of years ago. He got a wide open look from three, looked over at Calhoun, and took it knowing full-well that if it didn't go in, he was coming out.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Can't say if the ball was tipped or not on the three but he has to take the shot to spread the defense!. RJ came in at a time PC made the run. He was an offensive liability and a defensive asset. OC was having a horrible time during that run on defense. He just completely lost his man and UConn was getting torched either because his player was scoring or other UConn players had to cover opening up their players.

KO had no choice but to try RJ. He was far more effective defensively in the first half than OC. But the offense really stagnated. It's the problem with the team. Not many complete players,

My feeling is OC will improve on defense. His second half was a lot better than the first half. But he still has a ways to go and RJ will be needed at times.

Reaction Score
The biggest reason UConn is having a good season @ 14-5 revolves around the fact this team has great chemistry lead by Bazz and Ollie. A HUGE part of that chemistry is Evans. It is an intangible hard to calculate until you add a player like AO (Missouri) into the mix and see the negative consequences of a team that doesn't love each other.

So Evans is very valuable to this team.

H

Huskieforlife

The biggest reason UConn is having a good season @ 14-5 revolves around the fact this team has great chemistry lead by Bazz and Ollie. A HUGE part of that chemistry is Evans. It is an intangible hard to calculate until you add a player like AO (Missouri) into the mix and see the negative consequences of a team that doesn't love each other.

So Evans is very valuable to this team.
I agree but like I said, he can lead from the bench and in practice

Reaction Score
Right. A Division 1 basketball player misses the court entirely on a 3-point shot. Then instantly starts complaining that it was tipped, but he must have been doing that out of embarassment. Seems unlikely to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom