ESPN announces Sunday, Monday games | Page 2 | The Boneyard

ESPN announces Sunday, Monday games

Status
Not open for further replies.

cabbie191

Jonathan Husky on a date with Holi
Reaction Score
I think it's a stretch to say SNY is "national". How many cable systems in the west/south carry SNY?
Heck, I live in Mass and it's only available through an extra sports package that's >$15 /month more.

Not available in Wisconsin for any price.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
I think it's a stretch to say SNY is "national". How many cable systems in the west/south carry SNY?
Heck, I live in Mass and it's only available through an extra sports package that's >$15 /month more.
It is nationally available on DirecTV and Dish.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
does anything really matter except UConn winning and breaking Tenn/Pats NC wins in Nashville Tenn. It will be Christmas and my Birthday present + all in one . I will love it.
What? They moved Christmas to April 8th this year?? :cool:

Reaction Score
I was wondering how to get SNY. I get a sports package on Dish but SNY is not on it. I would love to see the games.

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
UConn/Ohio State in Springfield, Ma. on Sunday Dec. 1 at 5:30...espn2.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score

Stolen from another board.

Based on last years RPI.....

RPI #42 - Nov.. 8 (Fri.) at Middle Tennessee
RPI #15 - Nov. 11 (Mon.) at North Carolina
RPI #37 - NOV. 14 (THU.) CHATTANOOGA
RPI #99 - NOV. 17 (SUN.) GEORGIA TECH
RPI #163 - NOV. 21 (THU.) TENNESSEE TECH
RPI #293 - NOV. 24 (SUN.) OAKLAND
RPI #101 - Nov. 28 (Thu.) vs. Virginia
RPI #62 or #66 - Nov. 29 (Fri.) vs. Kansas State or SMU
RPI #125 - NOV. 8 (SUN.) TEXAS
RPI #297 - DEC. 14 (SAT.) TROY
RPI #3 - Dec. 21 (Sat.) at Stanford
RPI #337 - DEC. 29 (SUN.) LIPSCOMB
RPI #2 - JAN. 20 (MON.) NOTRE DAME

Maybe the easiest OOC schedule Tennessee has ever had. Three teams over RPI 290? Only three below 37?

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score

Maybe the easiest OOC schedule Tennessee has ever had. Three teams over RPI 290? Only three below 37?
hmmm doesn't look they will be getting that RPI trophy they so crave this year.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
According to my math, Tennessee's average RPI comes out to 121. (based on last season final RPI)
I believe UConns was in the ballpark of 85, which was probably in the top 5 that I have seen.
The Best average RPI that I have seen so far, for OOC schedules, is UCLA's at 64

Tennessee's OOC is too easy, IMO. Top 10 teams should have RPI's under or near 100, based on last years final RPI(an unscientific calculation). Dont forget Baylor's OOC RPI for this season came in at around 205 -- aka Cup Cake City, with lots of icing on it. :eek:

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score

Not sure about the easiest. Looking at the list Texas had a lot of trouble last year. A couple of players quit the team. So I expecet thier numbers to be a little better thus year. Kim canceled the Baylor series. I don't know why she did. Georgia Tech should be a little better thus year. As for SEC I expect LSU, Kentucky, and A&M to be top contenders for Tennesee trying to repeat as SEC champs.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
Not sure about the easiest. Looking at the list Texas had a lot of trouble last year. A couple of players quit the team. So I expecet thier numbers to be a little better thus year. Kim canceled the Baylor series. I don't know why she did. Georgia Tech should be a little better thus year. As for SEC I expect LSU, Kentucky, and A&M to be top contenders for Tennesee trying to repeat as SEC champs.
I've never seen a Tennessee schedule with three really bad teams like this years.

Oakland, Troy and Lipscomb? I bet there aren't too many top twenty five teams that play 3 teams with RPI's over 290.

And there are three teams against Tennessee located teams.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
I've never seen a Tennessee schedule with three really bad teams like this years.

Oakland, Troy and Lipscomb? I bet there aren't too many top twenty five teams that play 3 teams with RPI's over 290.

Gotta wonder if the pressure is on Holly to get a 1 seed and an easy path to the FF. Otherwise why would she schedule such an easy schedule, when SEC is not what it once was.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score

I think aside from those three the OOC isn't bad. I would like to see a series vs Maryland. I don't know if Holly and Brenda have talked about it.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
I think aside from those three the OOC isn't bad. I would like to see a series vs Maryland. I don't know if Holly and Brenda have talked about it.

Tennessee Tech is not a good team and they lost their 2nd leading scorer and leading assist from the point guard spot. They won't be as good.

The other two Tennessee teams should be decent.

I'm sure Texas will be better, but they we not a good team last year at 12-18.

2 top ten teams and 3 bottom 50 teams? Not a good schedule, no matter how you spin it.

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
I think Texas will be better than 125 this year but overall, that schedule is a joke. Am I reading correctly? Three teams that made the NCAA tournament?

When's the last time they had that few?

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
I think Texas will be better than 125 this year but overall, that schedule is a joke. Am I reading correctly? Three teams that made the NCAA tournament?

When's the last time they had that few?
Many many years.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Bottom line Pre Season Tenn is ranked top 4. Their schedule should be tuffer. It appears to me they have a soft schedule to maintain their top 4 status. On paper they have a very talented team, in reality they are very young and inexperienced without any great senior leadership. Don't tell me Russell is the answer. Shes a freshman and it will take at least 2 seasons before you see what she can really do IF shes developed properly.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
It's true this isn't the normal type schedule. Stanford and Notre Dame should real good games. SEC part there are some good teams to face. Looks like the LSU game will be hard to get a ticket since the Parker jersey retirement ceremony will happen.

Reaction Score
I know that lots of BYers will completely disagree, but the ESPN schedule seems to support the contention of those of us who believe that the new league will do UConn no good. Two televised games against L'ville, huh? Let's see: UConn beat them by how much last year? And that is the closest thing to a competitive game they could find in the UConn league schedule.

I know, I know....the out of conference schedule is very good, there's no disputing that. And UConn has a complete TV package, too, unlike just about anyone else. I just worry about those coaches in, say the B10, or whatever it's called now, or the ACC, who can say, with credibility, "Sure, UConn plays a good out of conference schedule. But if you come to X, you get tested in our conference by a top team almost every game. If a student is ultra-competitive -- a Maya, for example -- that may be the difference between getting her and not.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
You could very well be even more disappointed next year........ after Louisville leaves... not sure if Baylor will be on your schedule.... and even if they are... i doubt they will be good enough to warrant a National game like that.
Of course this assumes that we need more marquee value than our own team for game to worthy of national attention. It is a mistaken assumption.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
I know that lots of BYers will completely disagree, but the ESPN schedule seems to support the contention of those of us who believe that the new league will do UConn no good. Two televised games against L'ville, huh? Let's see: UConn beat them by how much last year? And that is the closest thing to a competitive game they could find in the UConn league schedule.

I know, I know....the out of conference schedule is very good, there's no disputing that. And UConn has a complete TV package, too, unlike just about anyone else. I just worry about those coaches in, say the B10, or whatever it's called now, or the ACC, who can say, with credibility, "Sure, UConn plays a good out of conference schedule. But if you come to X, you get tested in our conference by a top team almost every game. If a student is ultra-competitive -- a Maya, for example -- that may be the difference between getting her and not.

I guess I am one of those.

All things being equal, I can see how a recruit might see the conference affiliation and the weak conference members could be used against Uconn by other coaches.

But all things aren't equal and having Geno, his staff, the facilities, the history of producing WNBA players, winning national championships, having the best OOC schedule is way more important than missing out on a couple of ESPN games in Jan/Feb.

And until I see years schedule I refuse to believe that ESPN won't televise a defending 2 time NCAA champion Uconn conference game or two against the 2nd best AAC team, whoever that is. What is the difference between beating Louisville by 30 and beating Temple by 40?

When I see a player say "I was deciding between team X and Uconn and because they play tougher opponents in conference I chose team X" I'll believe it's a big impact to Uconn recruiting. Until then, it's just something I won't worry about.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
For fans and recruits, what should matter most is Uconn's inclusion in a certain Sunday/Tuesday schedule on ESPN...and of course I'm referring to the national semifinals and national championship game.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score

Good Points Tomcat. IMO there is a lot of competition in the AAC except for playing UConn. UConn wont be challaged in the AAC and most likely wont be challenged in their OOC schedule. The other conferences like the ACC and B10 have competitive games but if UConn was in those conferences they most likely wouldn't be challenged there either. Does anybody think that UConn would be challenged in the ACC or B10 of PAC 10? I don't and UConns OOC schedule has proved that over the past few years as well as in the BET and NCAAs. UConn has lost a couple of games over the past few years and that is a rareity. Hey a lot of fans say the PAC10 is easy for Stanford? Well top players still go to Stanford. The AAC wont help UConns recruiting for the most part but it will give UConn more exposure on opponets web sites and in the media. More fans will be more aware when UConn comes to town. So it could be looked at as a double edged sword. The bottom line is Geno and UConn are the brand name in WCBB. For those who want it, UConn will make all their dreams come true. ESPN Sunday and Monday only have 3 UConn games however with UConns OOC schedule UConn will be on TV earlier in the season a lot more then any other team.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
Does anybody think that UConn would be challenged in the ACC or B10 of PAC 10?

I do think that they would be more challenged in the ACC.

ND, Duke, UNC all are better than any other team in the AAC.

But you didn't say more challenged, you said challenged. And this year, I would thing that ND and Duke could challenge them. By that I mean keep it close for a lot of the game.

I don't think any of the current ACC teams could keep the final margin inside double digits, so I do see your point. No one will challenge Uconn this season. So what difference does the conference make?

It's the possibility of a challenge. The AAC offers none.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom