ESPN announces Sunday, Monday games | The Boneyard

ESPN announces Sunday, Monday games

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2013/08/26/espn-announces-sunday-womens-college-basketball-package-on-espn/199378/?utm_campaign=WP > Twitter&utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitter

UConn gets 3, Duke 5, ND 4, Tenn 3 -- UConn's unappealing conference schedule surely hurts here
(Lou, NC, Bay, MD 2 ... USC, Okla, Stan, Vandy, PnSt, Nebr, Ky = 1)

2014 ESPN2 Big Monday presented by Bug Light Women’s Basketball Schedule
Jan 13, 7 p.m. Connecticut at Baylor
Jan 20, 7 p.m. Notre Dame at Tennessee
Jan 27, 7 p.m. Notre Dame at Maryland
Jan 27, 9 p.m. USC at Stanford
Feb _3, 7 p.m. Baylor at Oklahoma
Feb 10, 7 p.m. North Carolina at Duke
Feb 10, 9 p.m. Vanderbilt at Tennessee
Feb 17, 7 p.m. Maryland at Duke
Feb 24, 7 p.m. Penn State at Nebraska
Mar _3, 7 p.m. Connecticut at Louisville

2014 ESPN Sunday Women’s Basketball Schedule
Feb _2, 2 p.m. Notre Dame at Duke
Feb _9, 1 p.m. Louisville at Connecticut
Feb 16, 1 p.m. Kentucky at Tennessee
Feb 23, 1 p.m. Duke at Notre Dame
Mar _2, 1 p.m. Duke at North Carolina

The full regular-season basketball schedule will be announced at a later date.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
That may be however I have to wonder about our OOC schedule. Stanford Duke MD Penn St Ohio St and Cal. should all great TV games. I believe the Jimmy V Classic and MLK day are TV games and Maggie Dixon not sure about. Don't forget SNY is National and everybody can watch UConn nationally .

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Really glad to see that the Notre Dame game in Durham will be on a Sunday afternoon as opposed to a Monday night.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
How dare they put a Pac12 game on ESPN2 - USC @ Stanford on 1/27/14.
Geez, us West Coast folks might get a heart attack seeing the ESPN truck outside Maples, (other than a UConn game).

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
How dare they put a Pac12 game on ESPN2 - USC @ Stanford on 1/27/14.
Geez, us West Coast folks might get a heart attack seeing the ESPN truck outside Maples, (other than a UConn game).

Since you west coast fans have Hollywood in your neighborhood, you get credit or blame of much of that crap that invades our screens and interrupts our viewing of quality eastern wcbb.

Reaction Score
That may be however I have to wonder about our OOC schedule. Stanford Duke MD Penn St Ohio St and Cal. should all great TV games. I believe the Jimmy V Classic and MLK day are TV games and Maggie Dixon not sure about. Don't forget SNY is National and everybody can watch UConn nationally .

The OOC schedule is November/December mostly. I'm sure some of those games will be on ESPN.

I was specifically referring to today's announcement. I bet UConn would've been selected more if it had additional interesting games in Jan/Feb.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
Since you west coast fans have Hollywood in your neighborhood, you get credit or blame of much of that crap that invades our screens and interrupts our viewing of quality eastern wcbb.

You mean you don't like the Winter X Games?

Reaction Score
Didn't Notre Dame play at Tenn last year?

http://espn.go.com/ncw/recap?gameId=330282633

The ESPN announcers at the FF talked about the lack of excitement in UConn's lopsided wins. I imagine the programing people want a general audience to stick around for the second halves. Notice that they picked UConn AT Louisville, hoping for a more competitive game.
edit: didn't notice the Louis at UConn Sunday game. In any case it's no shock to me that Duke (along with the ACC) is the feature team. Besides offering the best competition this year, the ACC has had a long relationship with ESPN. The only thing I would like is more west of the Mississippi games. Teams like Nebraska and Iowa St never get seen on the east coast.

Reaction Score
Only 3 games??!! The biggest name in WCBB and we only get 3 games....disappointed

Reaction Score

Great games yes, but only one has a chance to be close, MD.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Only 3 games??!! The biggest name in WCBB and we only get 3 games....disappointed

After Jan 1. I know you guys will get a ton of games in November and December.

Reaction Score
Didn't Notre Dame play at Tenn last year?.

You are correct...the Irish stepped off the gas pedal last season defeating the LV's 77-67 in Knutsville; but in 2012, ND went full-throttle the entire game on the LV's and ran them out of the the arena 72-44, in South Bend.

Reaction Score
So either ESPN is wrong or ND agreed to play 2 in a row at TBA.

All in all though a nice lineup of games. Most of the non-UConn games I want to see. HD will be a lot nicer than those fuzzy streams. I get to watch a lot of wcbb games on ESPN full court after the college football season, but they are mostly SEC games.

Reaction Score
So either ESPN is wrong or ND agreed to play 2 in a row at TBA..

These match ups are usually 2 yr contracts.
The first one was @ND then @ Tenn. The second contract may have just flipped the order.

Reaction Score
And just think. 2 of the 3 games are against Louisville. Who leaves the conference next year.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
does anything really matter except UConn winning and breaking Tenn/Pats NC wins in Nashville Tenn. It will be Christmas and my Birthday present + all in one . I will love it.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Remember Baylor was number 1 and wasn't on TV much. UConn has SNY and will be televised nationally all season. NO other team has that.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score

You could very well be even more disappointed next year........ after Louisville leaves... not sure if Baylor will be on your schedule.... and even if they are... i doubt they will be good enough to warrant a National game like that.

Fightin Choke

Golden Dome Fan
Reaction Score
The OOC schedule is November/December mostly. I'm sure some of those games will be on ESPN.

I was specifically referring to today's announcement. I bet UConn would've been selected more if it had additional interesting games in Jan/Feb.
Yup. The Maggie Dixon classic vs. Cal in NYC on Dec 22nd will be on ESPN2. I'll bet there will be others as well.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Yup. The Maggie Dixon classic vs. Cal in NYC on Dec 22nd will be on ESPN2. I'll bet there will be others as well.

Are you sure? The MDC has always been on ESPNU. UConn's games against Stanford, Maryland and Duke (in Nov/Dec) will be on ESPN or ESPN2. I'm not sure about the game against Penn State.

Reaction Score
Remember Baylor was number 1 and wasn't on TV much. UConn has SNY and will be televised nationally all season. NO other team has that.

I think it's a stretch to say SNY is "national". How many cable systems in the west/south carry SNY?
Heck, I live in Mass and it's only available through an extra sports package that's >$15 /month more.

Fightin Choke

Golden Dome Fan
Reaction Score
Are you sure? The MDC has always been on ESPNU. UConn's games against Stanford, Maryland and Duke (in Nov/Dec) will be on ESPN or ESPN2. I'm not sure about the game against Penn State.
Here is the LINK. But then you have to choose 2013-2014 from the drop-down window to the right of "Season". Then click on the Cal game.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
I will wait until the Tennessee or Notre Dame schedule is out. I did think this game would be at ND this year. If it is in Knoxville I will try and go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom