ESPN announcement for Jones? | Page 5 | The Boneyard

ESPN announcement for Jones?

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Well, if he did comment to the paper about Jones, he committed a major NCAA recruiting violation.
You are correct, but a good reporter usually has their ways of finding out this kind of stuff, off the record.

Reaction Score
I don't post on here but thought it was worth sharing that Jones has "liked" on twitter all of the Stanford posts on their signings today, she liked each tweet posted today by the Stanford Women's Basketball Account and hasn't done that towards any other finalist. I think she's headed to the Farm.

Login on Twitter

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Actually, Duck fans despise the newspaper as well and believe (surprise!) that its coverage is biased in favor of Oregon State. They especially hate the paper's most prominent columnist, but also several of the staff writers. No one in Eugene that I know of considers its UO sports coverage legit.
Which tells me then that the paper is pretty much unbiased. Good to know.

Reaction Score
Haley jones has liked 4 posts in the last 12 hrs on twitter all regarding stanford signings and incoming freshmen all separate posts..hmmmmmmm Hannah Jump , Fran Belibi & Ash pretchel all posts about how academics played a big part.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Haley jones has liked 4 posts in the last 12 hrs on twitter all regarding stanford signings and incoming freshmen all separate posts..hmmmmmmm Hannah Jump , Fran Belibi & Ash pretchel all posts about how academics played a big part.
Trying to make Tara feel better after telling her "no"?

Reaction Score
Trying to make Tara feel better after telling her "no"?

I mean you have the option of going to school at UCONN.....or freaking Stanford.

I know which I’d choose and it wouldn’t be close, Geno or no Geno. Silicon Valley>New England, and the Stanford campus is beautiful year-round.

Sakibomb25

Yamasaki Let the Good Times Roll
Reaction Score
She's a teenager. At this point, I wouldn't read too much into who she likes or who she follows on social media. It'll drive you insane if she does. Though, if it makes UConn fans feel any better, Stanford announced their class this morning sans Jones...

Reaction Score
Disappointed but hardly discouraged. Like Liv(e) the later the better.
I think Y’all land Her and Boston as much as that hurts me to say I just have that gut feeling. Jones I think her final 2 is UCONN and Stanford. I think Boston has ND in her final 2. But I think ND will come in 2nd and UCONN lands her. As much as I hope ND gets Boston I don’t think it’ll happen. Haven’t liked NDs chances with Jones for a while now. Sometimes You can get hints off of social media of what way they lean. Both have kept it close to the vest. Unlike Brunelle where before she made her decision most of the College Basketball stuff she was liking and retweeting was pretty much all ND so You could tell where She was most likely gonna commit.

Reaction Score
I mean you have the option of going to school at UCONN.....or freaking Stanford.

I know which I’d choose and it wouldn’t be close, Geno or no Geno. Silicon Valley>New England, and the Stanford campus is beautiful year-round.
See Molly Bent who had interest from this list of schools: Harvard, Yale, Princeton, and Dartmouth. Don't ask me why kids make that choice, but they do, and let's face it, Molly probably knew college would be the last stop in her basketball career.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
She's a teenager. At this point, I wouldn't read too much into who she likes or who she follows on social media. It'll drive you insane if she does. Though, if it makes UConn fans feel any better, Stanford announced their class this morning sans Jones...
I saw that. I assume the Cardinal can always issue another press release if Jones signs with Stanford, but you would think that Tara would have held off on yesterday’s release for a few days if she had a good feeling about the top recruit in the class.

Reaction Score
my odds on Jones.......................................I certainly hope I am incorrect................

Stanford - 30%
UConn - 25%
ND - 20%
Oregon - 20%
USC - 5%

HGN

Reaction Score
Care to make it interesting?
No. I'd be betting against my own wishes and wants. Understand , I hope you are right.
With the fickleness and unpredictable whims of today's players, I'm just not counting my
chickens before they hatch.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Stanford 50%
Oregon 25%
UConn 25%
ND 0%
USC 0%
my odds on Jones.........I certainly hope I am incorrect......

Stanford - 30%
UConn - 25%
ND - 20%
Oregon - 20%
USC - 5%
We can speculate on the odds, but at this point in the recruiting process I’m relatively certain that one school is 100% likely to secure Haley’s NLI and all the other schools are at 0%.

Reaction Score
We can speculate on the odds, but at this point in the recruiting process I’m relatively certain that one school is 100% likely to secure Haley’s NLI and all the other schools are at 0%.
I am going with a mind set of "Trust In The Dorf".... as others have pointed out he/she has been right so far. Think POSITIVE!!!:);):D

Last edited:
Reaction Score

100% Stanford, if I was Jones.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ashfan

Top Bottom