Enough is enough | The Boneyard

Enough is enough

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score
With the Pac12 demise it’s ironic to see all the support for 4 homeless schools. Bending over backwards to find these fine schools a safe place. Disgusting nationally.

I’m not sure, there’s a single person outside of the UConn family that cares if we live or die.

Yet, our athletic department, wins against all odds.

What an incredible, disappointment for a state University, with ESPN within its borders.

When will somebody see the light?

Look at this…..

IMG_2751.png

Hoopcrazee

Hoopcrazee
Reaction Score
Would be nice to hear whether we have a plan B, plan C or plan D or are we just satisfied with either being left at the altar?

Reaction Score
A lot of BC fans have an inferiority complex. Including DiMauro.

Last edited:

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score
You defend your school with facts and get this response from a journalist-

IMG_2752.png

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Giving Dimauro a thread on this board is giving him the attention he wants.

But to address the point he’s making. The entire reason we have a hard time being universally recognized as a “blue blood” is because a handful of schools with less success than us wanna keep the label to themselves. But nobody calls them “insecure.”

Reaction Score
With the Pac12 demise it’s ironic to see all the support for 4 homeless schools. Bending over backwards to find these fine schools a safe place. Disgusting nationally.

I’m not sure, there’s a single person outside of the UConn family that cares if we live or die.

Yet, our athletic department, wins against all odds.

What an incredible, disappointment for a state University, with ESPN within its borders.

When will somebody see the light?

Look at this…..

View attachment 90515
What more can you say. WOMANS undefeated seasons 4 straight NCs. MENs and WOMANs basketball NC in the same year twice. We do and did stuff no other schools do

Reaction Score
What more can you say. WOMANS undefeated seasons 4 straight NCs. MENs and WOMANs basketball NC in the same year twice. We do and did stuff no other schools do
And the next March Madness is in 2024. You know what UConn does in basketball tournaments in years ending with 4....

Reaction Score
We don't call Storrs the Basketball Capital of the World because of the men's team. We call it that because of the combination of dominance between the men's AND women's teams. I don't get what's so hard to understand about that for these people.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
DiMauro (as is his MO) is intentionally being a yackuss here.

The schools that he mentioned are grouped from a bit ahead of us to slightly behind us in men's titles but I believe combined (someone who follows the women's game more than I do please correct me if I am wrong) they have one women's title, which happened before we had any women's titles.

It is a celebration of both programs, and yes, the phrase was coined by a Dukie while working for ESPN.

Reaction Score
No matter what UConn does, in the eyes of the nation it's never as good as what Boston College, Syracuse, etc. could possibly do (but don't). We're defined by our worst seasons, while most other schools are associated with their best ones, which in the case of BC and Cuse aren't terribly recent. It's all about having the P-5 (now P-4) label and the automatic legitimacy it confers.

The idea that we have a crazy, credibility-damaging inferiority complex is bollocks. It's classic gaslighting. We just want a seat at the table, which we've more than earned over the last 30+ years, but yet we never get an invite, if we get mentioned at all. And this isn't the first time Connecticut has been prevented from having something of its own, because Boston and New York enterprises know how to use their clout to block us, and the rest of the country can't remember we exist. When people ignore you repeatedly, of course you have to think about promoting yourself. Connecticut is a real place with real people, and our state university accomplishes real things. At least give us the same financial opportunities the Kansas States, Vanderbilits, Wake Forests, Arizona States and Iowa States get.

Reaction Score
A lot of BC fans have an inferiority complex. Including DiMauro.
It’s because they could have been a real powerhouse (an East Coast ND), but they let it slip away and being a Siberian outpost of the ACC as slid them into irrelevance. Bye-Bye BC.

Reaction Score
CT media outlets must have an Anti UConn resume requirement. Media members like Dimuario have an open invitation to practice to represent the happenings of UConn football. It's people like Dimauro and prior Jeff Jacobs and our WHATS GOOD beat writer.... who become the face of and drive opinion of UConn football and athletics for CT. No wonder why Connecticut has a self-hate problem with its own flagship.... let alone nationally. I cringe when I see Big12 sports writers hosting these guys as experts of UConn sports.

I remember going to an open practice that was switched indoors from the outdoor field and about 50 minutes late some CT press slob pulls up in his truck asking if the practice was canceled. I also constantly hear how nearly zero press or media ever shows up outside of the opening day to cover the team. We have to rely on bloggers etc. They really only show face to trash the program and that's not an exaggeration. Benedict is going to have to figure that out ... there is only so much Mora can do.

Reaction Score

Our media is either high-fiving our situation or on the defensive ... SMU's media...

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score

This quite literally the worst thing I've ever read. Arrogant, ignorant, judgmental, flat out wrong at times, and a complete and utter lack of understanding why we're perceived the way we are.

Appealing to football schools by citing women's basketball as a crown jewel of our sports programs, really guy?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom