During Realignment, Four Others From Big 12 Took a Look at Big Ten Switch | Page 2 | The Boneyard

During Realignment, Four Others From Big 12 Took a Look at Big Ten Switch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Turnabout is also "fair" play (pun not originally intended). OU wants to play a game in Dallas. The prospect of OU playing a game with someone other than Texas will probably keep Texas at the table for the RRR.

The academic wing at OU ostensibly prefers BIG. That's at least 50% of the house right there. When you add the prospect of reviving the Nebraska game, and add financial stability that is hard to match, that's easily enough to tip the scales. The only question is if the Big Ten can pack the stadium like the SEC could. I think that gets back to the Nebraska game. With the likelihood of a blue-blood filling the gap when playing @Nebraska, I think season ticket sales at OU would be very high. Certainly much higher than with PAC.
Academically, I agree. For football, I strongly disagree. First, you are grossly overrating the value in the Nebraska game relative with what could be potentially lost by leaving the Big12. Second, I think Texas would have more incentive to block OU from playing in Dallas than continuing it. For OU, I highly doubt a game with SMU in the Cotton Bowl without the State Fair or UT would hardly be a crowd pleaser, an alumni pleaser, or a recruting pleaser.

Reaction Score
Academically, I agree. For football, I strongly disagree. First, you are grossly overrating the value in the Nebraska game relative with what could be potentially lost by leaving the Big12. Second, I think Texas would have more incentive to block OU from playing in Dallas than continuing it. For OU, I highly doubt a game with SMU in the Cotton Bowl without the State Fair or UT would hardly be a crowd pleaser, an alumni pleaser, or a recruting pleaser.
Listening to them over at Landthieves, they're not very stuck on their current conference-mates, and I think Nebraska would sell tickets. Play that game on Thanksgiving and you've got something very big.

The Funster

What?
Reaction Score
HCBD has to deliver. No "preseason", no BS. Just start winning baby.

pj

Reaction Score
Oklahoma could make a strategic decision to upgrade academically (via the B1g) and take a risk that OSU passes them in football (by taking an SEC spot). That would be good for the state of Oklahoma, even if Oklahoma football fans might not like the results.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom