Duquesne Players Post Game Press Conference - Video | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Duquesne Players Post Game Press Conference - Video

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Sounds like they think they had UConn on the ropes.

STORRS, Conn.Emilie Gronas saw something Monday night in Duquesne’s 97-51 NCAA Tournament second-round loss to No. 1 Connecticut that’s seldom seen in women’s college basketball.

She saw the Dukes go toe-to-toe with the top team in the nation for 15 minutes.

And she saw something else.

“I saw some fear in their eyes, and that was great to see,” she observed. “Many other teams, they just stroll through and it looks so easy for them. I think they had to work for it today, especially in the beginning. I’m so proud of my teammates.”

http://dkpittsburghsports.com/2016/03/22/tired-dukes-run-out-of-gas/#comments
She has never played vs Uconn prior to yesterday. She saw fear but it was the thought of what Geno would do if they didn't get it together. The fear had nothing to do with the Dukes.

Reaction Score
Sounds like they think they had UConn on the ropes.

STORRS, Conn.Emilie Gronas saw something Monday night in Duquesne’s 97-51 NCAA Tournament second-round loss to No. 1 Connecticut that’s seldom seen in women’s college basketball.

She saw the Dukes go toe-to-toe with the top team in the nation for 15 minutes.

And she saw something else.

“I saw some fear in their eyes, and that was great to see,” she observed. “Many other teams, they just stroll through and it looks so easy for them. I think they had to work for it today, especially in the beginning. I’m so proud of my teammates.”

http://dkpittsburghsports.com/2016/03/22/tired-dukes-run-out-of-gas/#comments
I never have a complaint when opponents feel confident before a game and envision a way to beat UConn (or any team). That is what competitors do. What does give me pause is when the competitive spirit becomes, uh, misguided.

So Gronas saw fear in UConn's eyes because UConn was only winning by a few points after the first quarter? I sincerely doubt she saw fear. How about determination? How about the lighting of the competitive spirit? How about a calibration of what had to be done to turn a relatively close game (for a while) into a laugher.

It is a sign of UConn's complete and utter dominance that teams think that because it took UConn more than five or six minutes to get the lead above double digits that UConn is concerned or scared (while at the same time they pat themselves on the back because they were never scared even while they couldn't score for several minutes at a time and saw the "slim" lead balloon to twenty, thirty and forty point deficits).

I do think Duquesne played with spirit and heart. However, they didn't see fear. They saw the blur of greatness.

FairView

Mad Man
Reaction Score
Sometimes people just see what they want to see.
A dear, departed aunt of mine once saw Jesus on a taco shell.
While I can't be 100% sure, I don't think it was really Jesus.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
A talented, well coached, spunky team. A team that lost because of the other teams talent, will, precision and hard work. And better coaching.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
I'm surprised some people find Burt abrasive. He seems forthright and well educated in the art of BB. Some very good coaches in the A-10 with Burt, Jabir, and Tsipis there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
belle

Top Bottom