Ducharme out for Northeastern game | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Ducharme out for Northeastern game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
She has been practicing with her teammates. At this time we have no factual reason to think she needs to get used to playing with them.
Imo that's a big reason why she practices with her teammates; It's to get used to one another. And teams that practice more and play more, it's logical to assume they will generally play better with more practice and with more playing time. It's why we hear sometimes that All-Star teams don’t work as well. It doesn't mean the All-Star team stinks. Just that it';s not as good as it can be.

Last year Baylor got beat by South Dakota in the NCAA's and the Baylor coach rightfully remarked about all the experience South Dakota had vs her team.

Also, practices are not near the same as game time. And many teams will have many more practices working with one another along with game time. Sure it can be overcome - absolutely. But it should not be discarded. The greatest UCONN teams that UCONN has had over the years - the super great ones, most of them had a senior that was an All-American, didn’t they? Very few exceptions 99-00 and 02-03 and 12-13 (though Faris was a USBWA A/A). The other 8 had senior A/A's. that were with the team for smore than a year. Historically we are trying to overcome all that. OFC we can do it.

Reaction Score
Geno also said that when Caroline and Lou are both on the floor ( then he said an expression like "whew". The impression I got is that Caroline and Lou could put up points. The data indicates that Caroline is injury prone. She's had a ton of injuries. Absolutely love her as a player though and looking forward to her return. Hopefully they are just playing it safe with her. They knew they didn't need her yet.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Geno also said that when Caroline and Lou are both on the floor ( then he said an expression like "whew". The impression I got is that Caroline and Lou could put up points. The data indicates that Caroline is injury prone. She's had a ton of injuries. Absolutely love her as a player though and looking forward to her return. Hopefully they are just playing it safe with her. They knew they didn't need her yet.
A ton? She had a pre-existing hip injury from high school and she got whacked in the head by a kid in last year’s Xavier game. That’s two injuries and one is years old.

Reaction Score
Injuries are what they are, a very real part of sports. The only thing I am pretty sure of is that the one suffering the most over sitting is Ducharme. The heck with basketball and NCs and upset fans over lack of information or when she will be able to play again.
Me, I just hope she will be fine in the long run, she has an awful lot of life left to live. Getting whacked in the head and having tangible lingering affects months later is no joke and nothing to be taken lightly. Obviously Uconn is not, thank God they have concerned, caring adults running the program because many schools do not.

Reaction Score
This is just in another long line of bad luck for this team since 15-16. There is no positive spin for this. She's needed. And she has to learn to play with the team and she needs to play. Too much was made of her leading the team in scoring for a stretch. You have to learn to play and at a high level with a new team dynamic.
Do you mean play through an injury?

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
This is just in another long line of bad luck for this team since 15-16. There is no positive spin for this. She's needed. And she has to learn to play with the team and she needs to play. Too much was made of her leading the team in scoring for a stretch. You have to learn to play and at a high level with a new team dynamic.
Caroline has played with this team in game situations, last season. If she is on the floor with Azzi, Nika, Aaliyah and Dorka then she is very familiar with everyone. Could also include Amari in the list. And from what we have seen of the newbies, Caroline shouldn't have any problems blending in or vice versa.

Dogstar

Of course I'm Sirius
Reaction Score
Do you mean play through an injury?
Good question....or maybe playing with a neck brace huh? After all, it's for the sake of the team, and some people on the BY tht probably don't have daughters playing sports, cmon Caroline step up it's only a stiff neck........GEEZZZZ how abt a little dose of compassion.

Reaction Score
Caroline has played with this team in game situations, last season. If she is on the floor with Azzi, Nika, Aaliyah and Dorka then she is very familiar with everyone. Could also include Amari in the list. And from what we have seen of the newbies, Caroline shouldn't have any problems blending in or vice versa.
So when it's ever mentioned that teams that have played several years together that that's a strength (such as what the Baylor coach said last year South Dakota vs Baylor in NCAA’s), but now it doesn't matter at all that our team's probable top 3 perimeter players (Azzi, Caroline, Lou) haven't even played a full season together ? CD averaged just 18 minutes (650 minutes 36 games.).

So teams that have had much more experience doesn’t matter? I believe that senior laden teams tend to do well overall is that they’ve practiced and played years together. CD and Azzi didn’t even play a full season.

So the strength of past UCONN great teams that have multiple years playing together didn’t mean much?

Again I didn’t say we stink. Just it’s not optimum – and elite teams with more experience that's played more togther that’s an advantage for them. But ofc anything can be overcome with talent and it doesn't mean UCONN can't play well.

Dogstar

Of course I'm Sirius
Reaction Score
No.

I just meant when she is healthy it's optimum for the team that she is ready as soon as possible.
I thk the coaches may disagree, they probably want her ready for the January thru March gauntlet run.

Reaction Score
A ton? She had a pre-existing hip injury from high school and she got whacked in the head by a kid in last year’s Xavier game. That’s two injuries and one is years old.
She had an ACL as a freshman in high school and a torn labrum the next year of high school. And the hip injury that her sister also had as well as last year's injuries and now this years. No one is a bigger advocate here than me for Caroline but she has overcome a ton of injuries in her short career already. The great news is that she's done it. She was a top prospect in high school even being unable to play for almost 2 years and playing through a hip injury later on. I would love to see Caroline have a few years of health and see what she can do.

Reaction Score
I don’t think we’ll know until Monday.
Okay thanks.
My point to the other poster was that Geno wants to play her as soon as she is ready. If she's' ready, he'll play her. Not wait for January.

Dogstar

Of course I'm Sirius
Reaction Score
huh??????????

You mean we can't figure out our own that Geno wants to play his best players when they are cleared and are healthy?
I don't like being repetitive but as I said in my post, thts the way it usually goes, a player will play whn they're ready ....and now in other news.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
belle

Top Bottom