Ducharme out for Northeastern game | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Ducharme out for Northeastern game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Don’t believe it’s only precautionary.
Coach would want her to get her feet wet for Texas.
Not good.
Here we go again.
All hands on deck.
Our M.O.

Reaction Score
With most 19 year olds you are correct. But this one is probably still recovering from surgery. Recovery isn't when someone says, it's what the body says. Geno, says I would guess---Uconn will easily defeat Northeastern, Caroline is a veteran of tougher competition---why push your luck,let her rest some more. Precautionary

Reaction Score
I'm not liking this. If she had the reported neck stiffness almost a week ago and is being withheld tomorrow, you have to wonder what might really be going on.

I'm really hoping that nothing is going on but seeing what the team went through last year...:(:eek:
I agree. This is odd. I hope it’s nothing serious.

Reaction Score
Hopefully Geno will dub her in the Texas game for limited minutes to get her acclimated.

Reaction Score
I had a pinched nerve in my neck area once which lasted a month. It was painful to turn my head at all.

Reaction Score
I imagine there are some HIPAA rules governing how much Geno can say about health issues. And just common sense privacy issues.
But we learned a lot about Paige's injury and Ice's injury despite HIPAA. Why can't they release more info about what makes this neck stiffness so difficult to treat?

Reaction Score
But we learned a lot about Paige's injury and Ice's injury despite HIPAA. Why can't they release more info about what makes this neck stiffness so difficult to treat?
They may have given permission.

sun

Reaction Score
It's not a good idea to tip off the opposition about the severity of an injury.
The less that they know about the injury the better.
They might try to use it against an injured player during a game. by exploiting the situation.
Loose lips sink ships.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Only 9 players available now. Does UConn look to the transfer portal for mid season help?
If it gets down to 8, I would think so. I think Geno can live and function with 9 HEALTHY players.

Reaction Score
Well said, Bills Fan. I understand about privacy and HIPAA, and actually don't expect full reports. Still, regardless of what we do or don't know, the reality is that Caroline's got a physical problem that is keeping her off the court. In combination with the head injury that kept Caroline out for quite a stretch last season and definitely hampered her performance, this is very worrisome.

Like I'm sure many of you, I've had a bad back for most of my life and often have neck issues that take lots of attention to work out. Still, it's been manageable. With all the attention and care Caroline has at her disposal, this stiff neck is seemingly more than just a routine stiff neck. Geno's now said three or four times that's getting better each day, but...
Speak for yourself. JK I've never had a bad back(especially at at that age) but I don't think older men face the same physical challenges of young women who can't even get order a PBR. I think along with professional sports everyone overestimates how much "resources" are at an athletes disposal. Athletes are not fed with a silver spoon.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Speak for yourself. JK I've never had a bad back(especially at at that age) but I don't think older men face the same physical challenges of young women who can't even get order a PBR. I think along with professional sports everyone overestimates how much "resources" are at an athletes disposal. Athletes are not fed with a silver spoon.
My 26 year old son has back issues and has had them for 10 years. Everyone is different

Reaction Score
I'm a huge Caroline fan and of Paige as well but the reality is and this is going to get me a lot of thumbs down but we have to face a player"s best ability is their availability and so far Paige and especially CD have been unavailable I know injuries are a part of the game and so are players who are injury prone and so we're left at looking at potential and not results. So far all the comments I've read are about potential. Uconn has never won a chip on potential only on performance and we are not seeing that as of right now so I'm rooting and putting my faith in the players who are available.. Just MHO

Reaction Score
Did I hear Geno say, in the Kutztown post-game presser, that CD's neck problems could plague her for the year?

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Did I hear Geno say, in the Kutztown post-game presser, that CD's neck problems could plague her for the year?
I believe his exact quote was that “it’s something she may have to deal with all season.” That’s not exactly “plaguing” Caroline, but it’s certainly not a good thing.

Reaction Score
I’m pretty sure at a school like UConn, athletes get top of the line medical care from doctors we would not even have access to! I don’t begrudge them, mind you but I would guess, if anything, people underestimate the resources at an athletes disposal.

Reaction Score
I'm a huge Caroline fan and of Paige as well but the reality is and this is going to get me a lot of thumbs down but we have to face a player"s best ability is their availability and so far Paige and especially CD have been unavailable I know injuries are a part of the game and so are players who are injury prone and so we're left at looking at potential and not results. So far all the comments I've read are about potential. Uconn has never won a chip on potential only on performance and we are not seeing that as of right now so I'm rooting and putting my faith in the players who are available.. Just MHO
This is just in another long line of bad luck for this team since 15-16. There is no positive spin for this. She's needed. And she has to learn to play with the team and she needs to play. Too much was made of her leading the team in scoring for a stretch. You have to learn to play and at a high level with a new team dynamic.

Reaction Score
This is just in another long line of bad luck for this team since 15-16. There is no positive spin for this. She's needed. And she has to learn to play with the team and she needs to play. Too much was made of her leading the team in scoring for a stretch. You have to learn to play and at a high level with a new team dynamic.
Has Caroline shown you something, hoophuskee, that would indicate her inability to play well with this group of players?

Reaction Score
Has Caroline shown you something, hoophuskee, that would indicate her inability to play well with this group of players?
No. But "play well" isn't sometimes "good enough" vs other top teams.

And imo very good teams usually play better with more time together. There is a transition time teams learn - players learn from one another. That's why we'd remark for other teams that they've played together for a several years as a positive. Looking back at some of our gretaest teams it's that they played a lot together. Azzi and Caroline played "some" togther but not a lot. And Caroline wasn't the same after a short period of time once Azzi came back. Then add in Lou. . .

IMO it's a different dynamic. These aren't pros.

Sifaka

O sol nascerá amanhã.
Reaction Score
Perhaps some of us listened to Bob Joyce do the radio
play calling for last night's game. Early in the broadcast he mentioned Caroline's ailment, He said, and I paraphrase, that Geno had said it was a consequence of her getting hit in the head a couple of times last season.

So that should put an end to the absurd “injury prone” accusations. When she returned after those injuries, her game was visibly different. I am sorry that she is still suffering lingering effects.

She has been practicing with her teammates. At this time we have no factual reason to think she needs to get used to playing with them. Of course we can speculate in a positive or negative direction, but supporting evidence is invisible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom