Down goes Tennessee!! | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Down goes Tennessee!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
But we shouldn't feel differently about women compared to the men players according to some. Most of us just do.

Always with the needle, even when unprovoked.

So if I understand you correctly, women need male protection because they cry and are emotionally weaker than men? I'm still waiting for an explanation of why you feel that female athletes need to be treated any different than a male athlete. You've been dodging that one for weeks.

I can understand feeling sympathy but its the same sympathy that I feel when I see a dejected male player on the sidelines. What I don't understand is exactly what is it about women players that requires something more?

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Spani had to battle some injuries. She did have a pretty good carrer at Tennessee. Do you think she can make a WNBA team?
There's a difference between getting drafted and making a team. I have no idea what the draft board will look like for who's available, but i could see her going somewhere in the 2nd round (and I'm far from an expert). Problem with that is often only about half to 3/4 of the first rounders actually make a roster and generally the 2nd and 3rd rounders don't last very long (guessing on the %'s. no idea if that's accurate - just my gut feeling)...

Example, I thought Ann Strother was a better all around player than Spani but she went near the top of the 2nd round and lasted only 3 years in the WNBA never really finding a home. The WNBA gets more competitive every year and I'd be surprised to see Spani (or Williams for that matter) find any long term traction there...

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
So if I understand you correctly, women need male protection because they cry and are emotionally weaker than men? I'm still waiting for an explanation of why you feel that female athletes need to be treated any different than a male athlete. You've been dodging that one for weeks.

I can understand feeling sympathy but its the same sympathy that I feel when I see a dejected male player on the sidelines. What I don't understand is exactly what is it about women players that requires something more?
I know that DD can speak for himself, but women are inherently different than men. I know Geno treats his teams as "basketball players" and not girls (or young women). It's just our nature to treat the sexes differently, even if the treatment differences are really minor. :)

I have sympathy for the players - for any player male or female who is sobbing on the bench after a devastating loss. But I still can't stand Tennessee, will never root for them in anything, and enjoy seeing them lose more than any other sport I follow... I'm not sure what side of the issue my feelings fall on, but there you have it. I hate Tennessee lol...

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
McBride is the UConn killer on that team. She needs to be shut down as much as Diggins.
This.

Reaction Score
Whatever Mojo the Irish have over us, I hope it ends Sunday. I hope that we bring our "A Plus" game against them and totally dominate the Irish. But we can't let down if we beat them. We gotta keep it going for the Championship game if we can beat the Irish. Come on, UConn!!! Bring the "A plus" game!!!!

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
Whatever Mojo the Irish have over us, I hope it ends Sunday. I hope that we bring our "A Plus" game against them and totally dominate the Irish. But we can't let down if we beat them. We gotta keep it going for the Championship game if we can beat the Irish. Come on, UConn!!! Bring the "A plus" game!!!!

The A game has to push through to the last second. I notice, especially when we are up big that Geno takes the foot off the gas to elongate the possession for the entire shot clock which often leads to careless mistakes and the opponent getting some shots ( and us none) reducing the size of the deficit. I understand that this is use of the clock to try to shorten the game, but I don't believe that it should be done here especially. I hope that Geno and Co. do not let that happen, that they send a barrage of shots (that go in) from the first tick of the clock to the last without let up.

CCinCT

Poster
Reaction Score
The A game has to push through to the last second. I notice, especially when we are up big that Geno takes the foot off the gas which often leads to careless mistakes and the opponent getting some shots ( and us none) reducing the size of the deficit. I hope that Geno and Co. do not let that happen, that they send a barrage of shots (that go in) from the first tick of the clock to the last without let up.

Pedal to the metal - There is no tomorrow if UCONN loses !

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score

You are too easy.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
There's a difference between getting drafted and making a team. I have no idea what the draft board will look like for who's available, but i could see her going somewhere in the 2nd round (and I'm far from an expert). Problem with that is often only about half to 3/4 of the first rounders actually make a roster and generally the 2nd and 3rd rounders don't last very long (guessing on the %'s. no idea if that's accurate - just my gut feeling)...

Example, I thought Ann Strother was a better all around player than Spani but she went near the top of the 2nd round and lasted only 3 years in the WNBA never really finding a home. The WNBA gets more competitive every year and I'd be surprised to see Spani (or Williams for that matter) find any long term traction there...
I think with the talent in the WNBA. Making a roster unless a top player like Parker, Maya ect. It is going to be hard to make a team.

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
33-3 isnt a bad record, but just expected better. Considering the injury to Gray...... we did as well as could be expected in her absence.

I agree, I thought you would drop off more, but nice job filling in for her.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I think with the talent in the WNBA. Making a roster unless a top player like Parker, Maya ect. It is going to be hard to make a team.
Possibly, but look at a player like Tiff Hayes. She wasn't drafted till the top of the 2nd round, but ended up often being a starter on an Atlanta team that went to the playoffs, and she was 5th in scoring among rookies.

Side note, I think Minnesota made a mistake in taking Dev. Peters over Glory Johnson (Johnson went 4th to Tulsa)... It will be interesting to see what some of the morons in the WNBA do this year - Cain, Novasel, Goodlet and Barrett all went ahead of Hayes in the first round of the draft last year. Common sense seems to be lacking among the GM's...

LesMis89

Dedicated Lurker
Reaction Score
I agree...... there are plenty of times (every year) that I get to rejoice in the downfalls of programs and fanbases that I dislike.
With a few exceptions that I wont name, I hate seeing the sad and sometimes inconsolable young ladies on the sidelines as their teams go down in defeat during the tournament. Its tough sometimes to watch...... its tough seeing women cry :(

Cough, cough...North Carolina...cough, cough.;)

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
This game was horrible to watch.

cabbie191

Jonathan Husky on a date with Holi
Reaction Score
Yep, the National Championship game is Sunday night with Tuesday being the consolation game.
GO HUSKIES!

Oh heavens, what a way to jinx us! But kidding aside, the fact that the Cards were able to rise to the occasion to beat Baylor, and then Tennessee - I don't think we can take anything for granted.

Reaction Score

It may have less to do with what these players need to get than it does what we fans need to give...

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
It may have less to do with what these players need to get than it does what we fans need to give...

OTP That is the first reasonable response that I've heard. Actually, its the only response. I would only change it to "what some fans need to give".

Reaction Score
OTP That is the first reasonable response that I've heard. Actually, its the only response. I would only change it to "what some fans need to give".

I should have phrased it that way...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog