Don't read this if you have high blood pressure | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Don't read this if you have high blood pressure

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I just wish one of the reporters would not focus on what P is saying but what he is thinking. Because when he says "We just have to get the little things right" I guaranty you what he is really thinking is "I've never liked Edsall but he must be a genuis to have been able to win 8 games a year with this talent."

Reaction Score
I just wish one of the reporters would not focus on what P is saying but what he is thinking. Because when he says "We just have to get the little things right" I guaranty you what he is really thinking is "I've never liked Edsall but he must be a genuis to have been able to win 8 games a year with this talent."

Edsall didn't win 8 games with this talent. He did it with Jordan Todman.

Reaction Score
your not a top 10 d if you don't have talent, don't want to hear that excuse anymore. Not able to run your offense yeah but not talent level.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Last person to blame the players was HCRE the Horde gave him a hard time which they should have, but they give HCPP a pass.

Keeping things status quote is not the answer

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Honestly, I think the Horde has just given up. Writing for a newspaper is a crappy gig these days and those cats have checked out.

The lack of talent excuse is freaking insane - at least in terms of explaining the complete futility of the offense. Stony Brook rushed for 217 yards against Syracuse. We managed 12 yards. No, they're not the most talented team, but duck*, this crew could have Tom Brady and not move the ball.

We use a 166-lb running back as a tailback. We use that same 166-lb running back as a fullback. We have bigger people available, but those people are not use because who the duck* knows. McCombs must wake up on Sundays feeling like he got hit by a train.

I'm going to stop before I started on the trick play that separated Whitmer's brain from his spinal cord, but that would devolve into an 2,700-word HFD-style brain dump.

Reaction Score
We have crappy coaches and writers. We need Jacobs (I can't even believe I am typing this) to put a fire under Pasqualoni's rear end. If Holtz is gone after year 3, I can see PP being gone after year 3. If he beats Michigan and Maryland next year and has a winning record in the BE, he'll probably get a 4th year.

Reaction Score
Edsall didn't win 8 games with this talent. He did it with Jordan Todman.

He did it with Mike Foley as our o-line coach, who (when left to his own devices) presided over one of the best o-lines around and was consistently able to create running lanes for our RBs.

PP and GDL felt the need to dismantle that success and start over from scratch -- first by rolling out GDL's awesome zone-blocking scheme in 2011, and then by doubling down on the madness and relieving Foley of his o-line coaching duties this year.

Forget Todman - you could line a freaking Mack truck up at HB this year and the defense would be able to yank the wheels off and have the damn thing up on blocks before it reached the line of scrimmage - that's how quickly defenses have been in the backfield all year.

Reaction Score
Honestly, I think the Horde has just given up. Writing for a newspaper is a crappy gig these days and those cats have checked out.

The lack of talent excuse is freaking insane - at least in terms of explaining the complete futility of the offense. Stony Brook rushed for 217 yards against Syracuse. We managed 12 yards. No, they're not the most talented team, but duck*, this crew could have Tom Brady and not move the ball.

We use a 166-lb running back as a tailback. We use that same 166-lb running back as a fullback. We have bigger people available, but those people are not use because who the duck* knows. McCombs must wake up on Sundays feeling like he got hit by a train.

I'm going to stop before I started on the trick play that separated Whitmer's brain from his spinal cord, but that would devolve into an 2,700-word HFD-style brain dump.

Hammer on nail!

Reaction Score
Or perhaps a question or two about the infighting on the coaching staff. That's the elephant in the room

If you are going to post something like this you should be willing to provide the back up as well.

Reaction Score
We've got 9 months to put together an offensive line that can control the line of scrimmage. That is what's lacking in this program right now, and I don't blame the offensive line coach. We had a guard making the line calls for most of the season, talk about unbalanced. We had players that were being shuffled all over the place to find some kind of combination, that could actually play and get a hat on a hat matched up with shifting defensive fronts. Changing schemes has a learning curve, when players need to learn new systems and assignments and movements, but that learning curve ended in September.

With an offensive line that can exert some kind of control at the line, we are a bowl team, last year, this year, and most likely a top 25 team next season. But how do you replace an entire OL in two seasons? You don't.

You do what we have been doing, and shuffling players, getting them experience, tryign to find some kind of combination that can play, and getting the younger players so fired up and chomping at the bit, that they come out in spring and fall camps and destroy the upperclassmen, nad continue to recruit as hard as you possibly can for the OL, to find big, strong, and mean players that can move their feet.

The OL we had in 2010, was powerful, and is the reason we got to where we were at. We've been weak on the OL since. Systems don't explain it people, sorry you Mike Foley lovers. Intemperate, mean old man coachign doesn't explain it, either, and if that really - really is a reason why the OL didn't perform well - b/c they didn't like being berated by an old screamer of a coach? What does that tell you about the players? Well, if those that have suggested that are actually correct, well, it translates clearly to what we've seen on the field, and it means they're soft, and you can't have mentally soft players on the OL.

Who was recruiting the OL for the past few years? Next season is the make or break for this coaching staff. Without a doubt, and it will come down to how the OL performs.

The season is over now, and I'm not afraid to call things the way I see it. These coaches aren't going anywhere, so get over yourselves. Next season is the target, and will be the make or break. Deleone's play calling, is suspect at times, and makes me crazy at times, but play calling is over-rated. You need to go out with a game plan, and beat your opponent on the field, blocking and tackling, and when you've got a weak team,a weak offensive line, play calling that doesn't capitalize on momentum, can and does make it harder to move the ball, and score points, as we've all seen. Don Brown's defense, has been fantastic, but is subject to giving up big plays, so that means we need an offense that can score quickly as well. It all comes down to control of the line of scrimmage on offense.

THe biggest problem we've got,is that our starting offensive linemen are no where near top 25 in the country speed, and toughness. We need to recruit like hell on the offensive line, and we need the younger players to step in, compete, and win the jobs, and we all need to hope that the OL's that have been brought in, in the past two season, are ready to play come fall.

and to whoever vandalized my truck on Saturday, you better hope that I never find you.

Reaction Score

Fishy - you are wrong about the lack of talent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TTown

Top Bottom