Don't read this if you have high blood pressure | The Boneyard

Don't read this if you have high blood pressure

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Just posted at the Courant.com http://www.courant.com/sports/uconn-football/hc-uconn-football-1203-20121202,0,5924624.story

The fact that he's allowed to do the season ending conference call today is a bad sign.
The fact that he's putting it all on the talent of the players and the little things that weren't done is appalling. No coaching reflection or assumption of blame.
The fact that he thinks he needs more time with his players is a joke given the schedule this year.

Not sure who wrote this for the Courant (no name attached) but it sounds like he went unchallenged on the call by the Horde.

Or perhaps I'm just too pissed to think clearly

Reaction Score
You're not.

The Horde hasn't practiced journalism in months. Except for Kevin Duffy maybe.

It's a very bad sign.

Just posted at the Courant.com http://www.courant.com/sports/uconn-football/hc-uconn-football-1203-20121202,0,5924624.story

The fact that he's allowed to do the season ending conference call today is a bad sign.
The fact that he's putting it all on the talent of the players and the little things that weren't done is appalling. No coaching reflection or assumption of blame.
The fact that he thinks he needs more time with his players is a joke given the schedule this year.

Not sure who wrote this for the Courant (no name attached) but it sounds like he went unchallenged on the call by the Horde.

Or perhaps I'm just too pissed to think clearly

Reaction Score
Seriously? Nobody had the balls to take credit for that article? What's up with that?

Reaction Score
I hate coaches that blame talent. Great coaches win with minimal talent. I am tired of hearing this . Did you ever hear Jim Calhoun blame losses on talent when he arrived? Hell no. You win with heart and intensity. You win even more with heart, intensity and talent. P is making excuses just like Edsall did in regard to talent.

If you think another recruiting class of red shirts and 4 guys that might see the field is the answer, pass the crack pipe.

Reaction Score
Jesus, what do you people want the media to do? Yell at him? Growl when he answers a certain way?

They're beat writers. They ask him a question and then write down his response. They're not fan boys.

Reaction Score
Jesus, what do you people want the media to do? Yell at him? Growl when he answers a certain way?

They're beat writers. They ask him a question and then write down his response. They're not fan boys.

He shouldn't have been available. He should have been packing his belongings into boxes.

Reaction Score
John Silver did say PP would be doing staff evaluations in a timely manner. One can hope GDL is not assisting him.

Reaction Score

Do you think it's out of line to ask what might be done to improve the offensive production next year and why the second half of games only produced 10 points in BE games.

Fair questions?

Reaction Score
What about a question about how the coaching staff will be evaluated? What will that process look like? Do you anticipate and changes in coaching roles and responsibilities? Just looking for them to ask a few tough questions.

One more thing. Where the hell is Warde? Seriously.

Reaction Score
Pasqualoni is a freaking joke, the guy has been blaming the talent on the team all year. UConn football is finished with this clown in charge.

Reaction Score
Or perhaps a question or two about the infighting on the coaching staff. That's the elephant in the room

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score

JC won ships and did more than 99% of coaches in the same sport as him and yet beat writers game him hell for contracts and players. now we have a ad who has 3 different coaches with contract issues and a football coach who is a tard and the beat writers are gagagogo over him and everything is a ok. that noise

Reaction Score
What about a question about how the coaching staff will be evaluated? What will that process look like? Do you anticipate and changes in coaching roles and responsibilities? Just looking for them to ask a few tough questions.

One more thing. Where the hell is Warde? Seriously.

http://snyuconn.com/uconn/football/sunday-wrap-pasqualoni-eyes-offseason/

Pasqualoni touched on a variety of topics including the coaching staff, and did say he was going to begin evaluations soon and “in a timely manner.”

What that means for the coaching staff and his confidante in George DeLeone as offensive coordinator/offensive line coach remains to be seen. The Huskies finished the season with the No. 109 ranked offense in the nation and the No. 10 ranked defense.

That disparity is hard to get around. Trying to figure out what happened and why is the first task.

“Right now the No. 1 area you have to address is recruiting,” Pasqualoni said. Having said that, there is urgency to get to the quality control aspect and having discussions and conversations what did not go well and spend your time on that. We will go through the quality control end of it and address all the issues we got to address and get process started as soon as we can.”

Reaction Score
http://snyuconn.com/uconn/football/sunday-wrap-pasqualoni-eyes-offseason/

Pasqualoni touched on a variety of topics including the coaching staff, and did say he was going to begin evaluations soon and “in a timely manner.”

What that means for the coaching staff and his confidante in George DeLeone as offensive coordinator/offensive line coach remains to be seen. The Huskies finished the season with the No. 109 ranked offense in the nation and the No. 10 ranked defense.

That disparity is hard to get around. Trying to figure out what happened and why is the first task.

“Right now the No. 1 area you have to address is recruiting,” Pasqualoni said. Having said that, there is urgency to get to the quality control aspect and having discussions and conversations what did not go well and spend your time on that. We will go through the quality control end of it and address all the issues we got to address and get process started as soon as we can.”
Ummm. Fair enough I guess. However, for anyone who knows anything about quality control, you don't do it after the product is finished, you continuously monitor quality. I'll stop ranting

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Anyone who witnessed yesterday's (that has some understanding of football, no, sports in general) game would have seen that the obvious disparity between the two teams was the quality of coaching. Nothing else!

Bum Phillips once said about Don Shula "he can beat yours (your players) by coaching his (players) and he can beat his (players) by coaching yours (your players)". I would have loved to have seen what our team could have done this year with a quality staff (well, we did have half of a quality staff). I don't believe that there was a team on our schedule that was measurably more talented than us and we could have (if we had better overall coaching than our opponent in any of our losses) won against anyone on our schedule this year (considering that the coaches of three of the teams that beat us are now unemployed speaks volumes). What I would have liked even better would have been to line up against a team that had P on their sidelines and GDL in their booth. I am not claiming that we should expect our staff to equal what a Hall of Fame NFL coach was able to do. I merely want them to be competent to the level they were brought in to perform. If they cannot, don't blame the players.

We did not play an SEC schedule this past season (or last, even though there was a trip to an SEC school last year). Shy of possibly WVU at Morgantown 13+ months ago (in a game where we were hanging in until Johnny Mac fumbled while we were driving in the third quarter) we haven't yet seen an opponent during this regime that had an advantage in talent over us that was so significant that slightly better coaching on our part could not have closed that gap completely. Playing the (lack of) talent card is bullsh!t. It is a disservice to the young men who put their bodies on the line during practice and games and it is a disservice to the university that has been handing P & GDL their paychecks. If they cannot compete, with the players they inherited, against the schedules they've faced over the past two seasons it is on them and they are stealing money from my alma mater by accepting their paychecks if they are using this excuse.

Reaction Score
You get the feeling that the horde all shares the same opinion of this. There's hardly any disagreement ever. About anything. I wonder if they've been fed this lack of talent mantra by the staff all year. Garbage. I won't blame any of the kids if they get the hell out of here.

Reaction Score
We have not had a prolific offense at UCONN since the Dan O. days, and most of that was against far less talent than we encounter now. In 2007 we had a nice run for a while with the offense and in 2009 we had some stretches. Outside of Donald Brown, Todman and Easley I can't think of any notable talent we have had on offense. I think Whitmer may turn out to be a very good QB for us and he has gone through some good stretches this season. This receiving corps while not lights out good is about as good as we've had. Davis is a talent no doubt.

So these guys decided to deal with the issue by revamping the OL, instituting a second offensive scheme in the wildcat and using a 160 RB as their workhorse. All while having one of the nation's best defenses. Meanwhile, in conference play, we were manhandled in the second half of games. I mean, com'n.........maybe coaching has some role in this......just maybe!

RedSoloCup

2 golf tournaments...
Reaction Score
Seriously? Nobody had the balls to take credit for that article? What's up with that?
LOL, it's not even finished... as I am reading it, the section titles are "". typical cr@p for the courant staff.

Reaction Score
We have not had a prolific offense at UCONN since the Dan O. days, and most of that was against far less talent than we encounter now. In 2007 we had a nice run for a while with the offense and in 2009 we had some stretches. Outside of Donald Brown, Todman and Easley I can't think of any notable talent we have had on offense. I think Whitmer may turn out to be a very good QB for us and he has gone through some good stretches this season. This receiving corps while not lights out good is about as good as we've had. Davis is a talent no doubt.

So these guys decided to deal with the issue by revamping the OL, instituting a second offensive scheme in the wildcat and using a 160 RB as their workhorse. All while having one of the nation's best defenses. Meanwhile, in conference play, we were manhandled in the second half of games. I mean, com'n.........maybe coaching has some role in this......just maybe!
prolific?? I would settle for average right now . 24-30 points a game and we have 9 wins

Reaction Score
I hate coaches that blame talent. Great coaches win with minimal talent. I am tired of hearing this ****. Did you ever hear Jim Calhoun blame losses on talent when he arrived? Hell no. You win with heart and intensity. You win even more with heart, intensity and talent. P is making excuses just like Edsall did in regard to talent.

If you think another recruiting class of red shirts and 4 guys that might see the field is the answer, pass the crack pipe.
So true. JC showed up in 1986 his two best players were then ruled academically ineligible, he struggled but that next year won the NIT. No one was asking PP to get to the BCS championship game but 8 wins with this schedule and talent was very very doable. He was -3 from that. We are simply going to waste another football season now. Warde wont get rid of PP and he will reap what he has sown. I understand that he inherited this but at this point it is on him. Cant blame the last guy anymore.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Elsberry has a great suggestion. He wants to pull a Dallas and pretend this year never happened.

With just one recruiting class under his belt and a second on the way, Pasqualoni gets a free pass heading into Season 3. He deserves a chance to change those two 5-7's into a 7-5 (or better) in 2013. But the leash is going to get real short and real tight real quick. Michigan comes to Rentschler in September and the last thing athletic director Warde Manuel wants to see are the Wolverines embarrassing the Huskies in front of 40,000. UConn needs to start putting up more of a fight and when it's behind and not taking its foot off the gas when it gets ahead. They got lucky when they did that against Buffalo and Pitt.

Read more: http://www.ctpost.com/news/article/...forget-lousy-season-4085226.php#ixzz2Dwe7lNQ7

Reaction Score
Elsberry has a great suggestion. He wants to pull a Dallas and pretend this year never happened.

With just one recruiting class under his belt and a second on the way, Pasqualoni gets a free pass heading into Season 3. He deserves a chance to change those two 5-7's into a 7-5 (or better) in 2013. But the leash is going to get real short and real tight real quick. Michigan comes to Rentschler in September and the last thing athletic director Warde Manuel wants to see are the Wolverines embarrassing the Huskies in front of 40,000. UConn needs to start putting up more of a fight and when it's behind and not taking its foot off the gas when it gets ahead. They got lucky when they did that against Buffalo and Pitt.

Read more: http://www.ctpost.com/news/article/...forget-lousy-season-4085226.php#ixzz2Dwe7lNQ7

Why did you show me that? I was done responding to stuff until I saw that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TTown

Top Bottom