Dolson Flagrant Foul Against Achonwa | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Dolson Flagrant Foul Against Achonwa

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
The people at Rebkell suggest that it was retaliation for a poke to the eye Stef received during a previous rebound battle between Stef and Natalie. Not saying that makes it honorable - rather that it seems to have been completely between them and what had happened that night, rather than anything related to Tina or "history." ;)

I finally had a chance to check out the replay. Indeed, it looked like one of Achonwa's upper extremities caught Dolson in the face or eye during the previous possession. Funny thing, Achonwa showed no remorse over that play; she ran up the court and scored. Dolson's move looked to be a bit of retaliation. That happens in basketball.

Reaction Score
If Stef hit me, I'd swear it was a runaway beer truck. Yes, your Honor, that's my story, and I'm sticking to it.
Plaintiff, I must QUIZ you said the judge. Was said beer truck coming from or going back to the brewery? Your story may not hold beer if the truck was loaded with empty kegs coming from rather than going to the party!:D

Reaction Score
Psconn, I was thinking the same thing, but I held my tongue. Achonwa is having a rough start to the season, but I appreciate her effort. Box scores show too numerous fouls and turnovers and low rebounds. I know she is handicapped as a too small 5 as well as getting back to 100% with her knee. However, with all this not going on, she is putting up respectable scoring numbers. I like that both Stef and Kiah had their way with her.
I always thought she played UCONN rather soft, but at least she gave nd an excuse in the 2014 NC game by her not playing, what a joke that was!

wire chief

Testmeister
Reaction Score
Plaintiff, I must QUIZ you said the judge. Was said beer truck coming from or going back to the brewery? Your story may not hold beer if the truck was loaded with empty kegs coming from rather than going to the party!:D

I'm never hit by trucks with commom cargo. It would be a new-car carrier loaded with Corvettes. your honor,

Reaction Score
Kelsey Bone hit Achonwa in head with her forearm. There's a possibility she might be suspended for 1 game. First Tina, then Stef, and now Bone have taken shots at Natalie.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Natalie Achonwa: Master of the Dark Arts

Reaction Score
Is Achonwa a taunted ? I couldn't believe this was the third flagrant foul done to her. There must be a reason.

Reaction Score
There is a common denominator in that equation.

Yup. One constant. I liked NO's game in her first two years and then...not so much. Instead of just continuing to play the game at a pretty high level and improving, she became chippy, and she didn't need to be.

That green cool aide can do nasty things to a very nice player, never mind ones who already have issues, if you Dig what I'm sayin'

Reaction Score
There is a common denominator in that equation.
Natalie Achonwa: Master of the Dark Arts
Is Achonwa a taunted ? I couldn't believe this was the third flagrant foul done to her. There must be a reason.
Yup. One constant. I liked NO's game in her first two years and then...not so much. Instead of just continuing to play the game at a pretty high level and improving, she became chippy, and she didn't need to be.

That green cool aide can do nasty things to a very nice player, never mind ones who already have issues, if you Dig what I'm sayin'

The three flagrant fouls in question here cannot be attributed to chippy play by Ms Achonwa in any fashion or form.
1. Tina's flagrant foul against Achonwa was unfortunate but had to be called. The only blame that can be laid at Achonwa's feet is that she was playing very good defense.
2. Stefanie Dolson went out of her way to knock Achonwa to the floor the following day. If anyone was being chippy here, it was Ms Dolson.
3. Kelsey Bone's flagrant 2 came as Achonwa was boxing her out. Again, Achonwa was playing good, sound, fundamental defense. Whether it was a flagrant 2 is debatable, but not where the fault lies.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
The three flagrant fouls in question here cannot be attributed to chippy play by Ms Achonwa in any fashion or form.

I'm with you in that they can't be directly attributed to chippy play. My thought is that Achonwa plays so hard, so physical on every play (probably getting away with a lot of borderline fouls) that she eventually irritates her opponents into lashing out.

To me, this is totally a positive. She's playing hard and she's playing within the rules and in the process she's throwing off her opponents' games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom